Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your Blade 450 today?

If this thread already exists forgive me but I tried a search with some basic words and nothing came up. And I think a lot can be learned from these threads. So...

What did you do to your Blade 450 today?

I flew eight packs through him today. Well one of them. I have twin Blade 450s. Sometimes I'm a sucker for a great deal and somehow wound up with two.

Anyway, they're great helis. I started doing pirouettes with one earlier in the week and just kept them up at the flypark today. I am still a little nervous to crash but not near as jittery as I am about my T-REX 500.

And I'm really impressed with the responsiveness of the Blade 450 product. Not everything Blade (or E-Flite) makes is great, but IMO they nailed it with the 450.
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im very happy with my B450... Didnt get to fly today looking for some replacement servors for it. Stripped out 2 of them. Factory replacement gears are on a 2.5 week backorder, Fail...
Futaba T8FGH Super...
Luie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my first B450 altercation with the ground. I was just playing around in the open spot my yard, which is pretty much just big enough to do some hovering around and a bit of forward flight, but it's all surrounded by clumps of trees etc..

5 feet off the ground,
A little gust of wind while I was side on pushed it away from me, and I didn't realise it until it had left the open area and was in between several trees. My first action to pull it back out was wrong, I needed to move helicopter left out, and instead went backwards, and because the space was so tight, I panic'd and another habit from mCPX took over and I just hit throttle hold.

I continued to fly it, but did have a blade hit the ground and the heli ended up on it's trex 500 skids right side up..

Damage report. Bent feathering shaft... thats it..

I got off really lucky. Just after hitting TH, I thought that was a big mistake to hit TH because it's not an mcpx and won't just flutter to the ground with no damage. I think in this specific instance it 'by luck' was the right thing to do and saved it from more damage.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

loving mine and flew about 6 packs thru it today...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kRnAHay8Pg[/ame]

just tuning it up some her is some clips edited to make a single video.
helihope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I flew 2 packs in heavy winds today (heavy for me anyways). Decided not to push my luck past that. It was scary and fun at the same time!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flipped it!
imbastos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have previously added cf blades and kbdd paddles and tail rotors. Today, I flew it without the flybar weights! Man, it totally changed the way it flew. It is so much more agile now. Love it!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have the same set up. 65mgs and a jr3500g. yesterday i installed a cc bec. the motor doesn't even get warm now. i loved the b450 right out of the box. i can't believe how much better it is now.

my next mod will be a spartan quark.
skymonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mines on the shelf today, got a small tracking issue, didnt feel like looking at it. Sooo i put a few packs threw my 450pro instead, yeah baby....
Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put six packs through it today at the flying field. Wind was up, but it made for an exhilarating session. Spent most of the time just practicing my hovering, but brought it home in one piece, so it was a good day. Tomorrow's a holiday, so I'll be up there again in the morning...
Spektrum DX8
7kings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I got a really nice HD camera to fit under the skids. Really slick look, and takes 1080p 30fps or 720p 60fps!

It is also crash proof (the way i built it).

The camera is a Sony MHS-PM5 i bought specifically for this as it has a swivel head camera and it's fairly small and light.

I'll post pictures in a bit. (and videos once i edit them properly!)
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I franticly ran around Columbus trying to find one store that had the tail drive pulley / gear assembly!! Finally got one and it was the b400 aluminum upgrade unit!! I'm stoked since tomorrow is labor day and the weather will be amazing. Now I can get her up in the air
Slammedcrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammedcrx View Post
I franticly ran around Columbus trying to find one store that had the tail drive pulley / gear assembly!! Finally got one and it was the b400 aluminum upgrade unit!! I'm stoked since tomorrow is labor day and the weather will be amazing. Now I can get her up in the air
Where did you finally get it? I'm curious as I only know if two stores in the area that even carry 400/450 parts.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
I got a really nice HD camera to fit under the skids. Really slick look, and takes 1080p 30fps or 720p 60fps!

It is also crash proof (the way i built it).

The camera is a Sony MHS-PM5 i bought specifically for this as it has a swivel head camera and it's fairly small and light.

I'll post pictures in a bit. (and videos once i edit them properly!)
I'm looking forward to pics of how you mounted it. I have been thinking that I could use something like that for my photography company...
Old 09-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally tracked it down at the hobbytown USA off Hilliard Rome rd. But I go up to hurricane hobbys for everything but they are closed on Sunday's and tomorrow for the holiday

Where do you go?
Slammedcrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguy View Post
I'm looking forward to pics of how you mounted it. I have been thinking that I could use something like that for my photography company...
Here you go!

I put some gelatin type tape on the skids to absorb vibrations. (the tape for Gyros)

Edit: it is pretty solid. Unless you crash hard enough to break the skids, you'll be alright. Didn't do any crazy stuff with it though (flips, rolls, etc) but hovering and circuits are awesome. CG isn't affected as far as i can see and she doesn't mind the extra weight AT ALL!
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammedcrx View Post
I finally tracked it down at the hobbytown USA off Hilliard Rome rd. But I go up to hurricane hobbys for everything but they are closed on Sunday's and tomorrow for the holiday

Where do you go?
Well Cyclone Hobbies has taken great care of me for my major purchases, but I've also frequented Hurricane Hobbies for some occassional parts. Both are great I just built up a relationship at Cyclone.

I'll have to check out Hobbytown USA in Hilliard. It is nice that they're open Sundays. So is Hobbyland in Graceland but they only carry the entry level R/C heli stuff and specialize in static models. Robbie's Hobbies on High St is also nice but they specialize in trains and are also limited in R/C helis IMO.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thalios- that is awesome. Any infringement from the canopy at the top of the frame? I do real estate photography and this could be a new offering for me as I'm now stable enough that I would consider this. I could shoot 1080p amd then extract the best single frame for an aerial shot.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I FLEW it i flew it, I flipped it, over and over and over and over, did loops, rolls, tic tocs inverted hovering i had fun with it that's what I did with mine....

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I FLEW it i flew it, I flipped it, over and over and over and over, did loops, rolls, tic tocs inverted hovering i had fun with it that's what I did with mine....
I did my first flips ever with my mCPX yesterday. Two successes, two crashes. Not bad for a guy without a sim, eh?

I'm way to terrified to try it with a 450...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in