Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey

Very cool falcon. Here it is http://en.m.wikipe dia.org/wiki/American_Kestrel

Last edited by d12bn; 06-15-2012 at 11:39 AM..
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats on you first flip, nothing like it. I to got attack after my first flip, but it was by the ground not a bird. :p
Mattx222 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is an awesome story. Bet you wish you had a video camera going. I've actually had a humming bird show up to check mine out not once but twice and I thought that was cool, but you actually took one out...lol.
alex7703 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great story glad the bird was ok to fly away sure got knock out alright. I have had lots of birds come circle my mcpx when flying they have so far been smart enough to stay far enough away from it and I usually chase them with it and then they bug off. Birds are certainly curious about the mcpx.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65L88 View Post
American Kestrel. You're right about it being in the falcon family, though it's only robin sized, a Peregrine is about the size of a crow. Glad it appears to be ok. I'm betting it was looking for dinner.
Ah yes, thank you.
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man i sat down for a little lunch and started browsing the Freak when i came across this thread. I about peed my pants. I also have an MCPX that i have been teaching myself to fly on and the birds are buzzing it often. Its good to see all you nice folks on here but...... I say serves the bird right!!!!! Leave our MCPX's alone!
DeanR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

in the UK most birds of prey are protected you could get into quite a bit of trouble if you kill one with your heli.

if your getting attention from one of these birds you should really land and wait for it to leave.
there may also be young birds around at this time of year that don't know the difference between heli and dinner.
walking close to one making some noise should scare them off.

very cool photos. you won't get many chances to see a bird that close up.
glad it flew away again.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holst View Post
in the UK most birds of prey are protected you could get into quite a bit of trouble if you kill one with your heli.

if your getting attention from one of these birds you should really land and wait for it to leave.
there may also be young birds around at this time of year that don't know the difference between heli and dinner.
walking close to one making some noise should scare them off.

very cool photos. you won't get many chances to see a bird that close up.
glad it flew away again.

normally i dont see too may birds around the mcpx, so i was very surprised too see it happen. honestly i would not of been able to avoid it, this bird seriously came down in full attack mode. it was super fast.
Derfman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfman View Post
normally i dont see too may birds around the mcpx, so i was very surprised too see it happen. honestly i would not of been able to avoid it, this bird seriously came down in full attack mode. it was super fast.
I didn't intend any criticism.
it must have been high up.

how high was the heli when it hit?

the main problem where I fly is dogs not birds. had a crazy greyhound chasing my heli yesterday. not as fast as a kestrel though.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattx222 View Post
Congrats on you first flip, nothing like it. I to got attack after my first flip, but it was by the ground not a bird. :p
That's a good one! Same here. Several times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holst View Post
the main problem where I fly is dogs not birds. had a crazy greyhound chasing my heli yesterday. not as fast as a kestrel though.
The main problem where I fly is PEOPLE. Today I had again an unnoticed kid coming very close. Luckily I was just flying the mQX with on-board camera... and not the 450X...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar experience only I noticed the bird attack just in time and was able to cut the throttle in time for a near miss!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hawk attacked my mcp x yesterday as well.

I was in the yard working on my flips when a large bird flew very close. I thought that it was a bit odd. Just a bit later I saw a streak come from over my right from behind and he hit the heli hard. Feathers flew and the bird banked off to the right, heli came down. No major damage to either but I guess I need to learn some combat flying.....
bobtruck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had a Kestrel try to do the same thing with my 450. It was very difficult to try to avoid shredding the bird as it was relentless. My only guess is that I had to be flying too close to it's nest somewhere and it saw the heli as a threat to it's eggs.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivinfast247 View Post
That would be a Peregrine Falcon, I believe.

I bet he's saying "What the Hell was that?!?!", in the last pic. Lol

Had the heli been brushless, I'm sure he wouldn't be getting up.

Wow --... no joke you were near a nest I would guess and it attacked the heli thinking it was another pred bird.

I have seen this happen now a couple times no joke. Sucks he got hit but man be glad he didnt attack you lol.

Sucks though
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

The last few days I have been out flying, the Purple Martins have been having a blast flying along with me. It's pretty cool but sometimes they get a bit too close for comfort.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

In all the years I've been flying, I don't think I've ever seen birds more curious than with the mcpx. Barn swallows seem drawn to the mcpx where I live. I'm still waiting for a collison.. Lol
Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking after reading the "bird on Heli violence" comment, that somebody would reverse that and suggest that bird lovers and general bureaucrat do-gooders would see this as "Heli on bird violence.":rolleyes:

If it happens again and a bird dies, I'd call that cat back for lunch and leave animal control out of it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
vtcnc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool looking bird...All of the birds here are ugly like stupid grackles and stuff.
rrlc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hi all

I looked him up in a bird book. Looks like an American Kestrel Hawk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Kestrel

I see them around my place regularly. I'm thinking that Red MCPX looks like a Cardinal
in flight. I have been swooped buy a sharp shinned hawk and a Red tail.

The local Swallow population figure it's play time when I show up to fly buy the lake with MCPX but they don't like the 450.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. Crazy. I use to live in Bamfield B.C.Small no where town at the end of a logging road on Vancouver Island. Decided to feed the birds. I said to my girl watch this! It seemed like every Crow was at the tip top of a tree looking for a meal. before I knew it I had 300+ birds eating moldy bread. Then I heard a crow on the look out call intensely. All the birds at once did what I would call in heli terms a couple of repeated pitch pump between the ground and the telephone wires. The murder of crows then sat on the wire squawking. Then we saw a brown bird in the grass with it's wings spread out. It looked to be a peregrine falcon. We watched the bugger eat and fly off with what he didn't finish. Neat thing to see.

But out of all the birds a bugs I have seen playing or attacking my MCPX over the last year + this definitely takes the cake
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in