Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jlog 2.5 and Jive. Major problems

Hello
Installed the Jlog 2.5 on my Jive. The logging works perfect on my 18MZ - but it seems that the Jive is reset. When powering it all seems like before the install, but when I apply throttle the RPM soars. According to Jlog it is >2000 RPM...Before the install the RPM was 1400. Even when I reduce the Thr. curve to 20% the RPM is way, way too high (not the readings, but the actual RPM).
Everything was fine before installing this device. Is it possible that the signal cable from the Jlog has reset the Jive? Anyone else experienced this?
Throttle is fed directly from the RX.

Thanks,
Helihover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!

There is no chance for JLog to influence the ESC in any way. The corresponding pin on the diag port of the JIVE (assume we're speaking of a non-Pro JIVE) is one-way, output only, serial diagnostics output by microcontroller #2 in the JIVE.

Furthermore JLog anyway w'd have no way for serial transmitting because a) this is only a Rx pin of a USART of JLog's processor (Tx not connected), b) there is a series resistor of 15k and a diode in the data line (in JLog) which would avoid that JLog can transmit. Resistor and diode are necessary because the data pin of the JIVE (jumper/diag port, motor side) is of high impedance and without that means the JIVE w'd think at startup that the jumper is in. If processor #2 in the JIVE at startup thinks to have seen the jumper it wouldn't send diag data. - Therefore no data JIVE->JLog if the JIVE had the jumper at power-up and JLog is connected later. JLog has to be connected already at power-up, providing that no jumper is seen but JLog is still capable of reading the JIVE.

Can you attach a typical log file please (.txt) and version.txt and your CONFIG.txt?
Old 09-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello, and thanks. Then this is indeed a very strange accurance. Why? Because after removing the jlog from the model - and hence reverting the model to the state it was in before connecting the Jlog - everything worked like a charm again. I tried the heli this morning with the Jlog connected - and after a full reprogram of the Jive (setting mode 1,4 and 9) and it was all havoc, removed the Jlog from the Jive, reprogrammed it again (same modes), and it flew perfect. This evening I have had three perfect flights on it, but that is with the Jlog staying at home.
To where do I send the logs and Config-file?

Kind regards
Helihover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To where do I send the logs and Config-file?
...and file version.txt

Attached them here or send to the email address found in the imprint of j-log.eu.

For more understanding:

- The only thing I could imagine is a ground loop problem.

- But: All that could cause (w'd be for the 1st time amongst thousands of JLogs used with a JIVE) is to bring the ESC into setup. This did not happen because the ESC w'd not commutate in programming mode, because JLog w'd not receive data from the JIVE for logging, telemetry etc if the ESC thought to have seen a jumper.

- And... again: NO WAY to influence the programming by JLog, JLog cannot send anything to the JIVE.

It's actually quite strange..
Old 09-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Because it could end up in your spam folder: Answered your email about an hour ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in