Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PRO V2 3GX quality feedback

Hey guys, well the PRO V2 3GX can be obtained for relatively so cheap ($460, free shipping) that it's been really tempting me now. Considering that the 3GX system itself retails for over $200, the total package price seems like a no-brainer. However, the only thing holding me back at this point is the quality issues that people have been reporting so far. E.g. canopy not fitting properly, defective swashplate bearing, provided blades not fitting blade grips... etc. I wanted to get feedback from current owners and understand if those are one-off issues, or current mass problems.

Thanks for the input!
martianman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

where is it 460?
janol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

http://www.gonitrohobbies.com/ALIGN_...p/kx015080.htm
Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wow that is way below dealer map pricing
timmay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone order from them before that is a really good price may purchase from them in the future if they have good feedback
mqd100psu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

paypal only?
janol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So, I got a V1 and a v2, I feel like they are pretty much the same heli with the same quality. There are a couple of little things that you need to adjust, but honestly, I feel like the complains are a bit exaggerated.

If you are looking for a flybareless 450, the pro v2 is a great option, as it brings a very good set of features for a ver competitive price.

What people need to realize is that Align isn't top of the line. If that's what you are looking for, then don't expec to pay a bit south of $500 for a full kit, with power plant, servos, blades, and a pretty good flybareless controller.

I'm no fanboy, but when I buy I weight the initial cost of the kit, cost of ownership, parts availability, knowledge base, and general quality, and align tends to come up very high in the list.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmodelli View Post
So, I got a V1 and a v2, I feel like they are pretty much the same heli with the same quality. There are a couple of little things that you need to adjust, but honestly, I feel like the complains are a bit exaggerated.

If you are looking for a flybareless 450, the pro v2 is a great option, as it brings a very good set of features for a ver competitive price.

What people need to realize is that Align isn't top of the line. If that's what you are looking for, then don't expec to pay a bit south of $500 for a full kit, with power plant, servos, blades, and a pretty good flybareless controller.

I'm no fanboy, but when I buy I weight the initial cost of the kit, cost of ownership, parts availability, knowledge base, and general quality, and align tends to come up very high in the list.
Ditto to these comments.

I am only in the process of building at the moment but everything seems top notch so far.

Just completed building the 550E V2 3GX. Went together like a dream.
Only thing to remember when mounting the 3GX unit is to reverse the Aileron and Rudder settings if you mount it upside down. No mention of this in the instructions of 550E but I noticed it is in the 450's manual . I learnt the hard way.

Have fun, enjoy
Spektrum DX8, Phoenix Flight Sim
AussieBigMal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you, this little heli is looking more and more tempting...
Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm considering picking one up. I want to upgrade my 450 to fbl and though about just buying the new kit and selling all the servos, esc, and maybe the motor plus selling my fb head i wouldn't be out too much more than just doing the upgrade. Plus I would have a new heli with even more parts. I really like the beastx and have been watching the 3Gx forums. I've seen a couple of the new 600's fly with it and it's seems pretty good.. How is the new 450mx motor. I'm current running a hk2221-8 and love it..

Last edited by willlig756; 08-17-2011 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: Oops
willlig756 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have thenew Pro V2 and find it a very good value. I have 61 flights so far and have only experienced issues that I expected. Canopy fit poorly, boom needed somepacking tape [but not until flight 50], blades fit poorly in blade grips.

However, I'm really impressed w/ 3GX. It has a more natural feel to it than my BeastX. I may haveto convert my 6HV to 3GX...
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by martianman View Post
That is 20 bucks cheaper than what I just got mine for...and mine was a screaming deal.
I just got mine in today so I will see soon on how it is.
indoorheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullen Colapietro View Post

Canopy fit poorly, boom needed somepacking tape [but not until flight 50], blades fit poorly in blade grips.
other than the boom issue, i found the same problems with mine, but nothing that would say "ohh man, this sux", just standard little tweaks required to get it going, same as when i got my V1 (i also "pre-ordered" my V1).
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
That is 20 bucks cheaper than what I just got mine for...and mine was a screaming deal.
I just got mine in today so I will see soon on how it is.
I ordered one yesterday from gonitrohobbies. I have the 450 Pro and can't wait to try the FBL.
T-rex 250 SE & 250 FBL
fuentes72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqd100psu View Post
Anyone order from them before that is a really good price may purchase from them in the future if they have good feedback
I've bought from them. Fast shipping and they answer the phone when you call. They called me to let me my box was damaged and the canopy was cracked. They offered to replace the canopy with one of my choice or to wait 2 more days for the next shipment. A friend of mine bought a 700 and a 450 from them. No problems.
cheddah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I changed my mind and decided to Just convert my 450 pro to fbl and stay with beastx for now. I really didn't want to learn two different systems at one time.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuentes72 View Post
I ordered one yesterday from gonitrohobbies. I have the 450 Pro and can't wait to try the FBL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddah View Post
I've bought from them. Fast shipping and they answer the phone when you call. They called me to let me my box was damaged and the canopy was cracked. They offered to replace the canopy with one of my choice or to wait 2 more days for the next shipment. A friend of mine bought a 700 and a 450 from them. No problems.
Very nice I will have to look them up for next time. Still I got a great deal for mine But the more savings always the better.

I had time to put mine together today and I am almost finished now. I just need to do a little programming and set up the tail. So far it looks like a good kit, only one servo needed subtrim. The blades were .05 grams off from each other, the swash looks good and the canopy fits well.

Ill wait till the locktite dries and take it for a flight tomorrow
indoorheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My V2 Feedback.
Canopy design is good but the contruction is very thin, look like will easily break on a crash.
nard712136 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

Where did you guys put the tape on the boom?

thanks
chopperaddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperaddict View Post
Hi Guys,

Where did you guys put the tape on the boom?

thanks
Be a 100% sure and pin it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in