Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
I'll tighten up the blades and give it a try...

Is the heli noticeably more aggressive in 3D maneuvers???

BTW, I've never tried tight blades on a 450 before, should be interesting!
I think it feels sharper on the collective and cyclic yes!

Don't taco your 450 they still need to move because very little mass, you just have to balance enough they can eventually straighten them selves out. I also start in idle up by flicking the hold off. this gives them a little smack straight
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just FYI, Sometimes this stuff is perception its not night and day.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks DoctorJ
BTW, have you done any upgrades on the 450X yet?
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Thanks DoctorJ
BTW, have you done any upgrades on the 450X yet?
No, but I have ordered a ton of spares and I am going to ditch the Align head on my 450 3D, I just love this blade X head and grips, believe it or not its much better than the Align 450 Pro head. Much stiffer, just works better.

I did raise my gains on 1 and 2 today and also went from 15 expo to 22 and I realy like how it responded, this is all thanks to that article you posted. I am gong to keep raising 1 till she oscillates tomorrow and then back her off a bit.

For me this bird is so awesome as it is I cant see realy adding or changing anything. However with that said I may try some carbon tail blades eventually. I like the idea I can crash it ( BTW I have not crashed ether 450 yet in I don't know how many flights ) and just go get parts at the LHS, this is realy a testament to blade because normally I would need to upgrade things just to get the bird to feel good. This is a whole different ball game now.

I am going to work on just becoming a better pilot, this bird is so better than me right now. I have only been flying collective pitch for 8 months and never flew before. I am working on inverted backwards circuits now and oh man this hurts my brain. I am very comfortable with being inverted, doing tail slides, inverted punch outs, rainbows. And my favorite is go inverted then become vertical and punch out, i just love staying vertical while going horizontal...
Old 03-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post
No, but I have ordered a ton of spares and I am going to ditch the Align head on my 450 3D, I just love this blade X head and grips, believe it or not its much better than the Align 450 Pro head. Much stiffer, just works better.

I did raise my gains on 1 and 2 today and also went from 15 expo to 22 and I realy like how it responded, this is all thanks to that article you posted. I am gong to keep raising 1 till she oscillates tomorrow and then back her off a bit.

For me this bird is so awesome as it is I cant see realy adding or changing anything. However with that said I may try some carbon tail blades eventually. I like the idea I can crash it ( BTW I have not crashed ether 450 yet in I don't know how many flights ) and just go get parts at the LHS, this is realy a testament to blade because normally I would need to upgrade things just to get the bird to feel good. This is a whole different ball game now.

I am going to work on just becoming a better pilot, this bird is so better than me right now. I have only been flying collective pitch for 8 months and never flew before. I am working on inverted backwards circuits now and oh man this hurts my brain. I am very comfortable with being inverted, doing tail slides, inverted punch outs, rainbows. And my favorite is go inverted then become vertical and punch out, i just love staying vertical while going horizontal...
Cool DoctorJ, I whole heartedly agree w/ you!!
I will also start working on becoming a better pilot. My favorite move is pulling back on elevator and punching full negative collective for blistering speeds too!

BTW, I am going to sell the RJX head I used to convert my 450 3D to FBL like you are w/ your Align head. Do you know the release date for the 450 X aluminum head? I am very pleased w/ the 450X head so I will go a head(pun intended)and buy it.

Stay Classy San Diego!!! (AnchorMan)
Old 03-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shouldn't be to long before they become available but I don't know when. I just realized I lied, I upgrade the tail servo holders.....the plastic one suck because you can loose center / tracking on your tail blade.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=BigEast;3764758]BTW, I am going to sell the RJX head I used to convert my 450 3D to FBL like you are w/ your Align head.
QUOTE]

yeah we also get much better mass cauterization because it about 1/2 shorter main shaft.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds good DoctorJ,

The stock plastic servo mount is quite terrible... The aluminum one allows for zero movement, I love it! Improves tail performance quite a bit...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here are a few pictures from setting up my zero pitch out of box. I found zero was off by 1.6 degree and full positive was 15.8 and full negative was 12.6.

Since I like about 12.5 full neg. was just fine. All I had to do is reduce end point for pitch to obtain 12.6

My grip to swash links were about 1+ turns off.

I am sold on the RC Logger because its not only accurate you can zero it on your heli and no need for a sighting rod.

Thank you for posting those pics, I am ordering that rc logger digital pitch gauge! So to adjust pitch its all done thru the transmitter, no need to touch the heli? Just goto travel endpoint adjustment?

-Steven
Mcpx BL2
profilefan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuerfan View Post
Thank you for posting those pics, I am ordering that rc logger digital pitch gauge! So to adjust pitch its all done thru the transmitter, no need to touch the heli? Just goto travel endpoint adjustment?

-Steven
Yes, exactly. ....Well with one exception if you do not have zero pitch at mid stick you will need to adjust grip to swash links.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, exactly. ....Well with one exception if you do not have zero pitch at mid stick you will need to adjust grip to swash links.
Thanks Doc!

Do you think I will have a problem transitioning to the 450x from my hp05s mcpx? Was wondering if I should go straight to "Sport" mode on the beastx. Been reading the 450x is quite powerful and responsive which I like and prefer but not sure if I can handle it

Thanks,
Steven
Mcpx BL2
Old 03-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuerfan View Post
Do you think I will have a problem transitioning to the 450x from my hp05s mcpx? Was wondering if I should go straight to "Sport" mode on the beastx. Been reading the 450x is quite powerful and responsive which I like and prefer but not sure if I can handle it
Well, I wouldn't touch any of the flight modes on the BeastX. If you need to change the handling, do it with the dual rates and expo on your transmitter.

That said, I've got a HP05S mCP X and transitioning to the 450X was no problem. Take it slow at first to get a feel for how it flies. It's much more deliberate in its motion than the mCP X but is very similar in most other regards, so it can get out of hand very rapidly if you're not careful. However, I went 100% D/R and 0% Expo on my maiden and inverted it a couple times for good measure and didn't really have any trouble so take that as you will.
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Well, I wouldn't touch any of the flight modes on the BeastX. If you need to change the handling, do it with the dual rates and expo on your transmitter.

That said, I've got a HP05S mCP X and transitioning to the 450X was no problem. Take it slow at first to get a feel for how it flies. It's much more deliberate in its motion than the mCP X but is very similar in most other regards, so it can get out of hand very rapidly if you're not careful. However, I went 100% D/R and 0% Expo on my maiden and inverted it a couple times for good measure and didn't really have any trouble so take that as you will.
Thanks General, I will adjust my D/R accordingly. Can't wait to get my 450x!

-Steven
Mcpx BL2
Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have any of you weighed your 450X's? If so, how much did it weigh out of the box? Mine was a total of 734 grams, 17 grams over what the specs say!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

730g with battery no blade holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Much does the canopy weight?
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

24g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

They owe us $11.62 I think i will send them a bill.

Works out to $0.68 per gram they have simply over charged us.

$499.00/730=$0.68*17=$11.62

Pure robbery
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Efficient ways to save weight?

The only things I have come up with is a lighter battery, CF tail boom, other CF hop-ups, and if possible a lighter canopy.

Any other ideas???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in