Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation AP Heli guys near boston??

I am wondering if there are any established AP heli companies opperating in and around Boston... I try to search online and have not found much.. I was wondering if any of you gents have first hand knowledge? I am triing to get started.( sim'n away) and could use some info..SIDE thought .. are there AP Helis produced for G4 humm.
Bostonewbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Uhmmm guess its time to start this lil side busness then.. no competition.. amongst the freaks.. so be it.. What to call it ???
Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Beantown Flyer?
Slick 12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

AB Photography (Air Boston), should be high up in the alfabet, 1st on Yellow pages, which You are now anyway if You're the only one
Ruud Westerhout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Aren't there still a lot of issues with the FAA that still need to be deal with? Restrictions on size, operations, etc?

Its a perfect fit for me since I own a small compay that does commercial photography and video, so I have an established business to attach this to. But from what I can see from history in the past, none of the compaines that tried survived very long. Low demand? Inadequate marketing? Lack of exposure? Who knows. But its something to really look into when doing your business plan and before investing the funds.

I'd love to do it myself, but....
sfaust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

there are a few... "red tape" mountains (FAA) to climb but now is that time i believe. with a proper Purpose and business Plan description.. with specific intention and procedure guidline description.. politcal connections.. It seems that a small handfull of people have a general idea that tip toe around this topic and a "waite and see" approach. It may take a Union ( AP UAV local XXX) to take this to the next acredited level. I am only speaking from a Dreamers perspective, I think a new thread is called for .. USA AP UAV UNION... time to get approval?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It may indeed be the time. However, until that happens, from my recollection, aerial photography using R/C platforms is prohibited, which leaves the business on hold. Operating anyway would not only be foolish, but in the event of a personal injury or major property damage mishap could leave the operator with heft fines, legal issues, and possibly loosing everything they own exposed. Its real hard to get insurance on an activity that is illegal

I keep an eye on it, support those that pursue it with the FAA, and hope eventually things will change. From some of the data I've seen, it appears that the FAA is listening and coming up with some guidelines. Time will tell.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

to your knowledge is there any group organized in pursiut of this gaol? and how can i help show my support?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

to your knowledge are there any groups organized to acheive this gaol? and how can i show my support to these people?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

woops how did i do that ?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In answer to your first;

I have heard of one organization that started up a while back, but it didn't seem to come to fruition and faded off a bit. There was another initiative but not sure of the outcome of that one either. Perhaps others with more knowledge will speak up.

In answer to your second one;
Read the above.

In answer to your last;
Dunno

Old 12-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

ha ha .. yep deserved that. i jumped around on the net and found out that this is bigger that i could have imagined.. UAV forums have been at this for a long time..
Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think its a matter of waiting and seeing, supporting whomever is involved, and tryin to ride the coat tails of the UAV folks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in