Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > E700

E700 Thunder Tiger E700 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 06:00 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Other than the specific movie, I think looking like Mark Wahlberg isn't too bad of a thing. ;-)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I get busy on 10,000 little things. I ended up blowing almost two weeks coding a custom RC forum search engine (searchrc). I won't post a link because I'll get dinged for spamming, but if you google it you'll find it pretty easily (or you can go to my website and find it in the top menu bar). When you do, bookmark it. It should change the way you search for rc content! ;-)

I've been trying to post little tidbit updates and pics on Facebook as I go. The heli is ready for maiden. In fact...it's killing me that it was raining last night because I wanted to at least take it outside and spool it up. I need to run through the gov calibration on the Scorpion, and that's it other than the usual tuning.

Here are the pics I have posted on Facebook over the last week or so. I'll catch up on video as soon as I can. You can also go to my Facebook page and see the searchrc stuff as well as a giveaway I am doing for a Futaba TX soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10731147_1482860811996216_8987189453670385641_n.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	543188   Click image for larger version

Name:	10600623_1480217058927258_7121540870030212751_n.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	543189   Click image for larger version

Name:	10648545_1482512728697691_2872876551454702229_o.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	543190   Click image for larger version

Name:	1900118_1482866598662304_2357941289159591645_n.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	543191  
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

That Raptor is lookin' good, cipioh!

Praying for fair weather for ya!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't edit post #1 or #40 any longer....so here is the most complete rundown of vidoes I currently have.

01 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 Build Components

This is the first of many videos to come, documenting the build of our Thunder Tiger Raptor E700 V2. This covers the components that we have selected for this project. Future videos will include more detail and setup/installation of the various components as we go.

02 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Unboxing - Thunder Tiger

This is the unboxing video of our Thunder Tiger Raptor E700 V2. I go over the various parts,bags, and boxes. I also show how the manual is laid out and it's features.

02 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Unboxing - Thunder Tiger (7 min 54 sec)

03 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Building the Head - Thunder Tiger

This video covers my build the head assembly on the Thunder Tiger Raptor E700 V2 heli. *I tried to remember to cover all of the key elements and point out some tips and tricks along the way.

04 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Tail Boom Bracket Assembly - Bevel Gears

In this video, I cover my build of the Tail Boom Bracket Assembly. This is page 8 and Bag B. Although I do steal some parts from the main frame part of the build...which is coming up next.

I watched Nick Maxwell's video on setting bevel mesh prior to working on this, and it was very helpful for the build. I tried to give you another look at that process.

At the end I also discuss a bit about whether or not you should use thread lock on your tail drive gear shaft bearings.

04 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Tail Boom Bracket Assembly - Bevel Gears (12 min 31 sec)

05 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Frame Assembly Part One

I must have been editing this video in my sleep! Not my best work, but I am going to roll with it. When I was reviewing the final product...I cringed in a few places...but in the end, it doesn't impact the build instruction and it honestly wasn't worth re-editing. I have to get going on the next video! : )

This video covers part one of the frame assembly, using Bags C and D and from pages 9 and 10 in the manual -- Kind of. I am deviating a bit here and there. For instance, the manual has a picture of the left side frame, and I built up the right side first. It doesn't matter.

Thanks to everyone who has been providing tips and guidance along the way. I really appreciate it.

05 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Frame Assembly Part One (11 min 59 sec)

This is part two of the frame assembly part of the build. It's actually packed with so much more than the frame, so don't let the title fool you. In this video, I grind new flats on my Scorpion motor shaft, I show one method for thread locking the motor shaft to the pinion support bearing, how to set the pinion location on the motor shaft, how to install the main shaft and main gear...

I cover pages 9-14 in the manual and finish up with bags C, D, E, and F.

See.... it's loaded with info! Thanks for watching.

06 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Frame Assembly Part Two (16 min 4 sec)

07 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Tail Rotor System - Thunder Tiger America

This video covers pages 15 and 16 from the manual, bags G and H. The tail rotor system assembly was pretty straight forward.

07 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Tail Rotor System - Thunder Tiger (12 min 16 sec)

08 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Tail Boom and Airframe Completion

This video marks the completion of the actual airframe part of the of assembly as we add the tail rotor system and tail boom to the frame. The only tough part of this section of the build was getting that tail rotor housing hole lined up with the tail boom hole. You'll see what I mean when you watch the video.

Next up...servo and servo links completion along with the rest of the electronics...then final setup.

08 CPO & CJ Raptor E700 V2 - Tail Boom and Airframe Completion (9 min 54 sec)

Futaba CGY750 Initial Setup (How, and in what order, to configure) V1.40

V1.4 manual can be found here: http://downloads.hobbico.com/softwar...4(E)_print.pdf

This video covers the initial setup of the Futaba CGY750 flybarless controller system with firmware version 1.40. This will hopefully help you navigate the step actions for a proper setup. While the manual shows you the various menu options, it fails to show you the process - what order to complete tasks. This video bridges that gap.

This video specifically covers configuration in the following menus:

S.Bus Basic
SWASHset Basic
RUD.Gyro Basic

Scorpion ESC Governor Calibration

This video covers the the actual process of calibrating the governor on my Scorpion Commander V Series 12S-14S ESC (Firmware V704).

Not covered in this video is the actual setup prior to calibration (will be covered in another video). Here is the process as described in the manual:

To Program the ESC to optimize the RPM range, please follow the below instruction:

Make sure you have a fully charged flight pack.

Program SS [2] on the Program card (Soft start with Governor Function).

Spool up the helicopter to 50% throttle in fairly rapid movement (either engage the idle switch with a 50-50-50-50-50 curve or move throttle stick without hesitation)

Stay at zero pitch, and leave the stick there until the LED on the ESC turn off.

Stop the motor by either lowering the throttle stick or engage throttle hold.

Wait 15 seconds then turn unplug the flight pack.

The helicopter is now ready for flight where you can program your throttle curves as you wish.Remember that Governor do like at curves as it has to re-acquire its RPM at each throttle change. A curve like 80-80-80-80-80 is required for idle-up where the actual percentage determine your headspeed.

Please note: A motor that surges in hover is indication that above routine was not performance correctly, so you need to re-program the governor setup again.

Raptor E700 Maiden

You only get one maiden for each build. This is mine. It was really just a couple of test hovers. Then I took it back and looked over everything to make sure I didn't miss anything in the build...It all looked good. The flights are getting better. promise. But just that first hover with a 700 was a pretty big deal for me. Now that that's out of the way, I can tune it and fly it!

Old 10-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I said in another comment: The grin on your face says it all! Dude, congratulations on the successful maiden hover! It's definitely a kick in the pants eh?
Old 01-28-2015, 05:49 AM   #65 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Looks like a very high quality heli. They seem to fly very well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipioh View Post

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I get busy on 10,000 little things. I ended up blowing almost two weeks coding a custom RC forum search engine (searchrc). I won't post a link because I'll get dinged for spamming, but if you google it you'll find it pretty easily (or you can go to my website and find it in the top menu bar). When you do, bookmark it. It should change the way you search for rc content! ;-)
Looks like you did not get "dinged" for putting it in your sig in large BOLD font????
Old 11-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys...I am giving away this heli! More info at http://play-live.net/heli/

TT Raptor E700 Giveaway - Win my heli! (link in description) (11 min 34 sec)
Old 04-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who won the E700?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in