Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mikado Dealer

I was just wondering if I was to open a hobby shop in Canada would it be possible to sell mikado and what would I have to do to get it.I think it would be good to have more shops with mikado just for parts availability and what not.And it would be nice to get more ppl flying logo
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should ask some of your questions to Mikado.

Depends on whether or not they've granted exclusivity to any shops in Canada.

They might have high volume requirements. A mom and pop shop might not be what they're looking for in a distributor.

I'd email them.

Good luck.

John
Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mikado used to have several North American dealers. Not too long ago they consolidated and now only have one in the US and one in Canada. Not that I would know, but I'm guessing they're not looking to open distributorship back up.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Email mikado,do you have or could create a high enough demand? another shop this side of the pond is fine by me good luck!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

well since there is only one dealer in the US , I would be very surprised if they would have 2 dealers in Canada !!!
we already have Rcflight store in BC , well stocked and great Guy ....
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

They will not, A buddy of mine owns a shop and they told him it's exclusive dealers only, so Ready Heli in the USA and RCFlightstore in CA. No one else can sell their products.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea I emailed them they just told me they Have two great stores that sell there stuff. I like ordering from ready heli but I have tryed ordering from rcflight store but I just get weirded out buy the paying method lol but it is a great place to order from
Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

RC Flight Store and Ken the owner are great to deal with and the payment system is really quite simple. It is a Paypal system but you have the option of just using your credit card and not using Paypal. Works great for me and the shipping is as fast or faster than Ready Heli even though I am in the US presently.
2old2fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the life of me I don’t understand why there is only one authorized retailer for Mikado Products (RH) in the USA. I don’t like ordering from some “specific” retailers you figure it out. I just placed an order for a LOGO 500SE and I did not use a US based retailer for this order. It seems to me if their where other Mikado retailers (increasing the distribution network) they would sell more products and it’s kind of simple idea/fact. There is not only one Ford dealer or one Kraft cheese retailer so why one Mikado Retailer is the million dollar question.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its allot less work to only sell to authorized retailers. You can do vendor audits allot easier and provide training or manuals for better support. In my line business its very common
If you buy a lamborgini you wont be able to go to napa to get parts you can only get them from the dealer.
Basically it comes down to you can provide better customer support cut down on shipping costs and have allot more controll over your product. If rcflightstore only had a storefront or allowed local pick ups then I would order allot more from him. Its cheaper for me to order from readyheli (taxfree) get it shipped to the US and drive across the line pick it up.
No control is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by No control View Post
If rcflightstore only had a storefront or allowed local pick ups then I would order allot more from him. Its cheaper for me to order from readyheli (taxfree) get it shipped to the US and drive across the line pick it up.
Way to support your local economy!
It can't cost much if anymore from Ken. Most of his pricing is below ReadyHeli's.
And then we wonder why we loose Canadian business'.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is our govt policies make our businesses non competitive. It might be ok if 1 USD=1.6 CDN. I love to support local or domestic businesses. But, most my visits to postal office end up $10 more to send feather weight out of town and great HST on top of everything. Prices are not the same after I click buy button.
rappyfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
Way to support your local economy!
It can't cost much if anymore from Ken. Most of his pricing is below ReadyHeli's.
And then we wonder why we loose Canadian business'.
Add 12% to all of kens totals and $6.50 for shipping. If I have a problem with something that I buy to its allot cheaper and easier for me to send it back to RH then to Ken and wait for him to send it back to the manufacturer.My courier wont deliver to RCflightstore as they wont deliver to residential addresses and canada post's rate are way to high. I only use ken now for larger orders when shipping is free.

Canada will always be in business we have resources
No control is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I always get dinged with 13% tax (Duty) and then some when I order from US, can't see it's avoided unless seller fudges customs forms or you don't declare goods when you cross the border.

As an example.
Looking at shipping from RH for me for 1 servo @$70 is $3.28(14-45days) shipping would be $13.96 from Ken.

For 2 same servos from RH shipping goes up to $24.06
2 from Ken $6.50

3 from RH still $24.06
3 from Ken FREE shipping.

For me it isn't hard to spend $90 on Logo parts or electronics I can't get at LHS (which I also try to support)

Regardless of Canada's resources if you spend your money elsewhere it boosts foreign economy's and hurts your own.

Not saying I never order from US because I do WHEN Canadian sources can't provide.
If we all took the attitude that "it all comes out of China what's the difference" to save a buck or two we'd be in a lot more trouble than we are now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in