Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default best 450 pro flybar head

I have a EXI 450 pro that is completely upgraded to align accept the head and tail box. I have had bad luck with te exi heads. The main rotor blocks on 2 that I've had now wobble and the swash plate bearings like catch and bind in spots. I have all the best electronics align gears, bearings, and shafts, and tail blad gips. Carbon fiber align main and tale blades, and flybar paddles. So I want this thing to fly good after all the money I've put into it. I have a severe wabble because of the crooked main rotor hub that reaks havoc on my tail servo. It got better after upgrading to the spartan quark but the tail servo still gets hot. So my question is what is the best quality precision head/swash I can put on it? I'd prefer to get a complete head assy but I don't think align makes one. If Align is my best bet I will probably just get the main housing and swash. But is there any clones that are actually tolleranced like the real thing? I've heard good things about tarrot. I know they make a upgrade silver main rotor housing. What's the diff and has anyone tried this?
Thanks, Scott
scottkoblitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You might give Tarot a try. I have a flybarred Tarot head on one of my 450 Pros and a flybarless Tarot head on the other, and they are both as good as I could ask for, except the headstopper button on one was drilled off center and wobbled. I put an EXI button on as a replacement and it's straight as an arrow. If you go this route, you might consider better bearings, though. I tend to replace bearings on all my new builds, even the Aligns. I've never been impressed with bearings on Align helis or any of the clones....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is the main rotor housing suppose to be tight on th main shaft? Locked on like a vice or is it suppose to have a little play?
scottkoblitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

delete. sorry, wrong thread

Last edited by nothinbetr2do; 10-07-2011 at 05:30 PM..
nothinbetr2do is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like this one:

http://www.xheli.com/450spmerohef.html

Best flybarred head I've used.

The feathering shaft has beefy lock nuts instead of screws.
shock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock View Post
I like this one:

Nice, but not a Pro style head...
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkoblitz View Post
Is the main rotor housing suppose to be tight on th main shaft? Locked on like a vice or is it suppose to have a little play?
A little play isn't the end of the world but ideally, my understanding is that, there should be none. My 450 sport rotor housing started as a snug fit but has developed a little play after a couple hundred flights and a number of crashes.

The only time I've experienced Vice-like fit with an align head is when trying to remove a bent main shaft after a crash.

GAUI X3 6S, Xnova 1860, HW 50A V3, MKS DS95, 8910A+, BeastX, Belted Tail.
isogloss3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock View Post
I like this one:

I concur. I bought one for a friend it was great smooth, the action was glass like.(I know its not what your looking for).

I would buy Align or tarot. I have a Tarot sport with a few key ALign parts sprinkled in, flies the same to me as my Align sport.
Rustynail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Like a vice

I have purchased a tarot head for my practice 450 pro and the housing is like a vice I have put pliers on the shaft just to spin it in order to line up the bolt hole and as for getting it completely off or on it is a bear to do. My Align head does not have that issue other than that the Tarot head is of goo quality.
heliphlier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in