Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default new cb100

heys guys i just got my new cb100 from wowhobbies and i thought it would fly good right out of the box since they said they pre-fly it at the shop but nope. i had to adj the swash plate but the thing still flys crazy i can never get it off the ground its like the heli cannot keep up with the TX. and if i do get it off the ground i can barely keep it up then it crashes. i guess i have to upload a vid to show you guys. but does anything comes to mind that can help me? or maybe is there somebody in missouri that is close to columbia that can help me?
countryrunner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How much experience do you have with helis? What does it do?
Posting a video would help us, help you.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I'm finally getting it tuned in to hover better but there is something weird going on when I lift off to check the swash plate settings and I still have to give it input to stay in one place but it will rock back and forth from front to back and I don't know why its doing that. I have not played with the gryo sen or the EXT pot at all any ideas on that?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The upwash is quite strong for a light heli so you do need to use a lot of correctional input when taking off slowly but it you punch it up you dont need it so much.

Also make sure the collar where the rotor shaft meets the chassis is screwed in tight and there is no vertical play of the main shaft (thats what she said).
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i was also wondering if anyody could tell me on how to set up the gyro sentiv. and the tail esc since this is my first FP heli i have no really clue on how to set it up. but first i am waiting on my new carbon tail boom since i cracked the last one. and one more thing can anybody tell me what tail twitching is?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My last set of tail twitching was caused by the placement of the tail ESC. I think it can affect the gyro senses when it sits on top of it. I moved the tail ESC to between the frame and the starboard servo where it fits nicely. After that no more twitch.

There are other factors that cause tail twitch (blade being loose or dieing brushed motor) but this cause is not something you would think of straight away and its easy to test it.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryrunner View Post
...but it will rock back and forth from front to back and I don't know why its doing that...
A guess, that may be off in left field, but it sounds like the aileron/elevator gyro gain may be set too high.

Problem is, I don't know enough about the CB100 to know if it has a 3 axis gyro, does it?

If so, I'd try decreasing the ail/ele gain and see what happens.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

well this is the gyro that i have on my that came from wow:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/salehm-43b...43b-1-1-1.aspx

they said its the lastest one and has to pots on it one for the gyro sensitivity and the other for tail esc and another thing when you first about to spin up and the heli does its adjustments should both sevos be straight. because when it does that i have one that is straight and one that is pointed up just a little bit.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well just got the new tail boom on and it flew just fine for awhile but then it started spinning really fast and out of control. i check the rotor and everything it seems just fine then i started it again and during mid flight it twitched just for a sec and stopped. maybe i don't have a good connection on a wire or something

edit: well guys after further review of the heli i did find something that were missing as you can see:

now i am about to order a new blade grip and fly bar and i was wondering that since i lost the screw and bearing for the one side of the fly bar was else do i need to get and since im spending money should i just upgrade the tail and main motor at the same time?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

well guys i just put on the new blade holder and new bearings for the flybar and changed out the tail boom with a solid carbon fiber rod. and i went to go fly it, it will start up just fine but once in the air and i get it stable it wants to start flying in circles when i let go of the controls. here is a video of it sorry its a little shaky i had my dad film it while i flew:

Old 05-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's usually an indication of the o-ring dampers on the head being worn.
When you changed the blade holders, did you notice the dampers worn?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had that TBE many times with my CB100. Any source of binding anywhere in the head/flybar will cause that to happen. Everything has to be super, super smooth. Also, you have to set up everything so that there are no vibrations getting to the gyro. When all of these issues are ironed out, the CB100 flies very well.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in