Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
Well, you're going to have to do a full BeastX setup after your repairs; most likely the servos are all stripped (move them up and down with the heli powered off... if they click AT ALL, they're stripped and MUST be replaced. Should just give a smooth whirring sound of gears) which means you need to do all of the calibration, geometry and ranging. The only bit you wouldn't have to do would be the tail bits, and they don't take long at all in the first place.

Allow me to repeat. After you have repaired it mechanically, do a FULL beastx setup!

We've had a number of people who just slapped it back together, ignored the setup because it was intimidating/looked complicated and instantly crashed again because the settings were screwed up, and they ignored the people telling them to do the setup. Download the AR7200BX manual from Spektrum or Horizon and go through it while you're waiting for the parts to arrive. You'll definitely need some method of precisely setting the blade pitch, if you don't have one yet. Digital pitch gauge is recommended.
My heli flew poorly out of the box. After a full setup it is much better.

Talesin is 100% right don't rush it back into service or skip any steps. After you do the full setup you will be much more confident.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

As long as you use the pos 1 setting, factory - 85% and take it easy as they all say you should be ok. You do not have to punch it into IU unless you feel like it.

I would actually say run a pack without it to get your feeling for it. Do a check on the heli then do it again with IU once you get it up.

Also take a shot of Zambuka prior to flight.

lol...
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

awesome replys guys, i did get the AR7200BX manual and reading into it, really makes so much sense on alot and you start learning more things and this is wat i love about this hobby is that its forever a learning curve and really with the support from other guys is amazing really, i am just looking for a digital logger but all heli shops are on back order or out of stock but like i have read that alot are using the iphone app but i really would rather stick to wat i know and how to use it right
dellowwarren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Latest news update:

After waiting for my spares to arrive and did the repair I got her up in the air and as HFMan mentioned on the below settings I did just that by found that she vibrates a bit on spool up but then goes away wen I got her up in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFMan View Post
I highly recommend 70% Dual Rate and 30% Expo on Aileron, Cyclic, and Rudder for your first flight. The 450X will seem really twitchy and super responsive compared to the mCPX- hence you need to tone it way down until you get used to it.
All I was practicing was my landings as that is wat scares me and you guys are right about s$&@ting your pants which was so close and I was shaking so much once I landed but charging the lipos and off tomorrow since England has no rain and no winds and sunshine can you believe it 0_o
DX6i, Phoenix
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! Enjoy the nice weather and I hope you get some great flying time in.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool , keep us posted on the flying ;-)

Congrats on the repair and sticking with it...
giodog2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a awesome update from yours truelly, i got the 450x up up and away, must have taken her up like 30 to 50 meters and today i wanted to record my flight but as i got ready to get the last battery in the deans connector that i did from EC3 to Deans came apart but there is always next time
DX6i, Phoenix
Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

giodog2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://http://youtu.be/meE7JwjzOHg

As you guys know of my first flight that turned into a crash which was really just me zoning out from being so nervous and scared after that I've made many successful flights without error, flying the mcpx in circuits now and still gonna try inverted but no rush, this is just a video of my hover session
DX6i, Phoenix
Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd like to see your flight, but the video link doesn't work.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syko View Post
I'd like to see your flight, but the video link doesn't work.
you know this dam iphone always just does not work most of the time, if you youtube search Iphone video of Warren or i hope this one works

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meE7JwjzOHg&feature=g-user-u[/ame]
DX6i, Phoenix
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am planning on Santa bringing me a 450X. I presently fly an McpX, Nano, and a 130X. The 130 is by far my favorite at this point. Self taught, so on the McpX and 130 I initially set the D/R to 50-60% on them with a little expo 15-20% so it would give me time to catch up to them. The McpX I fly mostly without D/R anymore and the 130 I have it set at 65% now but go back and forth between D/R and normal. How steep can I expect the 450X's learning curve to be. The 130 just floored me in how it flies. I want bigger now.
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice. Looks like you have nose-in and the sides pretty good. Much better than me. I need to spend more time on the sim.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
I am planning on Santa bringing me a 450X. I presently fly an McpX, Nano, and a 130X. The 130 is by far my favorite at this point. Self taught, so on the McpX and 130 I initially set the D/R to 50-60% on them with a little expo 15-20% so it would give me time to catch up to them. The McpX I fly mostly without D/R anymore and the 130 I have it set at 65% now but go back and forth between D/R and normal. How steep can I expect the 450X's learning curve to be. The 130 just floored me in how it flies. I want bigger now.
If you want the honest truth??? Buy buy buy or in your case send as much letters to the north pole to make sure Santa gets it so come Christmas day it's there waiting for you

I was so nervous to fly it at first but that first flight was so stable it was unbelievably stable then boom crash, setup and build to me was cheap compare to belt cp but still got her up in the air chop chop and my heli experience is still newbee
DX6i, Phoenix
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I can hardly wait, but I was told I must wait for Santa.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
Yes I can hardly wait, but I was told I must wait for Santa.
If you like the way the 130X flies, you'll love the 450X. They fly better and better the bigger you go.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree 100%. The 130 is a totally different animal from the smaller micros. I was able to tame it fairly quickly so I could enjoy it, no 3D as I am nowhere near there yet. I would like to do the same with the 450. I am hoping that with some initial aggressive D/R it might not scare me too much and allow me to get a feel for it. Once past that, I will start toggling D/R on and off as I get comfortable with it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in