Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help!! Esc Calibration and Gov settings

I'm new to vbar and have watch the video's several times. I have set it up according to video 20. In normal the heli will not spool up until I get pass half stick. after spool up i go back to half stick it starts slowing down. then its slow to spool back up. is this normal?
Here is my setup
CC Ice 100 V3.27
Hyperion sensor
Scorpin 4025-1100 12t pinion 129t main

Tx throttle is 104/79 for 100/100 on vbar

Here is the file.
Attached Files
File Type: vbr fusion.vbr (5.5 KB, 60 views)
poboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

come on 40 views and no suggestions!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mr Mel shows in one of the video on spool up u have to go past 50 for vbar to spool up..if u see it in video its clearly pointed out,if not than u been watching the wrong one....i run Kontronic so i dont use the vbar gov....if u see it ramp up fine than u on the right track..
ourbail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poboy View Post
I'm new to vbar and have watch the video's several times. I have set it up according to video 20. In normal the heli will not spool up until I get pass half stick. after spool up i go back to half stick it starts slowing down. then its slow to spool back up. is this normal?
Here is my setup
CC Ice 100 V3.27
Hyperion sensor
Scorpin 4025-1100 12t pinion 129t main

Tx throttle is 104/79 for 100/100 on vbar

Here is the file.

You should not be adjusting the values in the tx to get 100/100 values in vbar gov tab. Only for calibrating endpoints for esc and vbar transm tab. If you watched the right video, after you calibrate the esc endpoints, then transm tab, you will go to the gov 1 select your channels. gov 2 you need to flip on throttle hold, put your throttle to mid stick, and then flip in and out of throttle hold untill you get NO DELAY.(this means moving the slider one point at a time to get no delay from the time you flip out of throttle hold and the motor starting. that is how you calibrate low end throttle. ) the slider values will never be 100/100 in gov 2 tab.
*Perspective is key*
jgalen0025 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalen0025 View Post
You should not be adjusting the values in the tx to get 100/100 values in vbar gov tab. Only for calibrating endpoints for esc and vbar transm tab. If you watched the right video, after you calibrate the esc endpoints, then transm tab, you will go to the gov 1 select your channels. gov 2 you need to flip on throttle hold, put your throttle to mid stick, and then flip in and out of throttle hold untill you get NO DELAY.(this means moving the slider one point at a time to get no delay from the time you flip out of throttle hold and the motor starting. that is how you calibrate low end throttle. ) the slider values will never be 100/100 in gov 2 tab.
I adjusted the values in the tx only to get the 100/100 in the transm tad. I finally got it working right. Thanks for the help.

I do have another question.
On my idle up 2. I have flat 100% throttle curve. In the Gov. tad I have 2150 set as max. It shows 2670 as requested in IU2. Shouldn't it only go to 2150 max?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poboy View Post
I adjusted the values in the tx only to get the 100/100 in the transm tad. I finally got it working right. Thanks for the help.

I do have another question.
On my idle up 2. I have flat 100% throttle curve. In the Gov. tad I have 2150 set as max. It shows 2670 as requested in IU2. Shouldn't it only go to 2150 max?
That is very weird. I have never heard that before. double check that your gear ratio is correct(main gear teeth/pinion) and pole count(Half motor pole). Also make sure your phase sensor is grounded if your using seperate rx bat for power. If the problem persists, reset the gov and set it up again. Sometimes reseting on the gov 1 tab helps out with weird issues.
let me know(PM ME) if you have any other problems as i just set the gov up and it is fresh in my mind
*Perspective is key*
Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My gear ratio was wrong. Test flew it today! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem. I like to pass on my knowledge. I was taught by one of the original owners of a vbar when everyone else had a flybar and fbl was "cheating"
*Perspective is key*
Old 04-11-2016, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi I have the same issue as the OP. No spoolup in normal mode until midstick. I have it programmed just as it shows in episode 20. 100/100 in vbar tx tab, and 110/46 in vbar gov II tab. I know the high point is low so the resolution will be poor but why should that affect the bottom half of the normal mode? The soft start seems to be working good but I don't have blades for this heli to test it properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourbail View Post
Mr Mel shows in one of the video on spool up u have to go past 50 for vbar to spool up..if u see it in video its clearly pointed out,if not than u been watching the wrong one....i run Kontronic so i dont use the vbar gov....if u see it ramp up fine than u on the right track..
In version 5 episode 20, at 21:50, Mr Mel demonstrates normal mode spoolup just as the stick is moved from the bottom.
VBar 5.2 Episode 20 - Governor Electric Remake (23 min 5 sec)

EDIT- I reset the esc endpoints, now the gov II tab numbers are 110/88, but it still has the issue. As far as I can tell, the vid i have linked in this post is the most up to date one.

Last edited by Eric T; 04-12-2016 at 07:54 AM..
Eric T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in