Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How large are the rotor blades on 450x? 325mm is too small

Hello I have a stock 450x from Blade purchased brand new so everything should be factory. However after ordering several sets of replacement blades, some Ebay ones and one set of Align 450 blades which should have been 325mm, I find they are 15mm or so shorter than the blades on my heli.

The stock blades are black carbon fiber with the blade logo and they are marvelously beautiful and high quality but certainly don't look after market yet as near as I can tell they are 340mm and not 325.

Has anybody run into this? Did I get some UN-advertised stretch variant?
kodack10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I understand it the stock Blade blades are measured 325mm from the center of the bolt hole to the tip of the blade, whereas most of the aftermarket blades are measured from the root to the tip (overall length of the blade). The difference is 10-15 mm in my experience, with the stock blades being 335 mm root to tip. I buy the shorter aftermarket blades since they're about half the price of the stock ones, and at my skill level I can still go through more blades than I care to admit.
AMA#86607
dccatl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccatl View Post
As I understand it the stock Blade blades are measured 325mm from the center of the bolt hole to the tip of the blade, whereas most of the aftermarket blades are measured from the root to the tip (overall length of the blade). The difference is 10-15 mm in my experience, with the stock blades being 335 mm root to tip. I buy the shorter aftermarket blades since they're about half the price of the stock ones, and at my skill level I can still go through more blades than I care to admit.
That is exactly right. The 450x blades are measured from the tip to the centre of the mounting hole.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock 450x blades are very good, but two problems...one, all black and very pricey. Solution...Align 3G blades fly great, look great and are tougher than stock...will tolerate minor bumps. For 20 bux can't beat them.

Ray
Raysun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I left the blades mounted to the heli and laid the replacements over the top lining up the screw holes. My digital calipers tell me they are 15mm shorter than the stocks. I would think 15mm would make a noticable difference in rotor handling, forward speed, and climbing power. It's like the diff between stretch and stock. So the official blade replacement is the only 340mm I will find? I didn't have any luck looking for generic in that length.
kodack10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock blades are 335.
NuCOTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodack10 View Post
I would think 15mm would make a noticable difference in rotor handling, forward speed, and climbing power.
Unless you're a competition level pilot, I doubt you'd be able to notice the difference. The Align are a little louder than the Revos. They fly pretty much the same. I forget how the stock blades perform. They're overpriced and all black. They're not very popular for replacement blades. The Align are the best blade for the $$$. You can get them for as little as $17 shipped if you look around.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using Thunder Power CF blades for the longest time and they work great! They are the same size as the stock blades too.

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/Produc...T-REX-450-ETC-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in