Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
Ugh man... I'll be honest, I have been defending Outrage from before I even got a F50... but I'm worried too. If things dont start looking up I'm selling my F50 and getting a 700 sized bird sooner than planned.

Outrage peeps, if you are reading this. S*** is getting real. Step up your game.
You may as well just keep flying it or drop it down to a 6s machine, resale value is in the toilet and threads and posts in this forum are just making it worse.
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea, im also a huge outrage fan, and a fusion owner since 1st preorder,
fusion is still the best heli iv flown to date, and its sad to see it go.

and iv been looking around, there isnt much out there to replace it with, its really a class leading heli with so much potential and outrage just don't seem interested anymore.

the only way i would forgive them is if they really got their act together, im talking fusion N2:
slanted cnc main gear
metal tail unit with slanted cnc TT gears
metal boom block also slanted cnc TT gears

and then take some of the parts and try and integrate them into each other to get a lower part count(which seems to be the fashion at the moment)

put integrated swash driver on the head block, keep it polished aluminium to match the tail and boom block and ...... we have a lifetime winner

silent, low part count and robust.

lol or just get bert to fly a outrage heli for once, or even mention the word outrage and i will have faith again, but i think we have a better chance of a fusion N2
fusionbrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

what's even the going price for a practically new fusion 50(flown it 2 time since the rekit) ?
BNF version, with ds610, bls251, cc ice2 120hv, cc pro bec, 4025-550, edge blades front and rear, cnc main gear, and spares ?

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbrad View Post
yea, im also a huge outrage fan, and a fusion owner since 1st preorder,
fusion is still the best heli iv flown to date, and its sad to see it go.

and iv been looking around, there isnt much out there to replace it with, its really a class leading heli with so much potential and outrage just don't seem interested anymore.

the only way i would forgive them is if they really got their act together, im talking fusion N2:
slanted cnc main gear
metal tail unit with slanted cnc TT gears
metal boom block also slanted cnc TT gears

and then take some of the parts and try and integrate them into each other to get a lower part count(which seems to be the fashion at the moment)

put integrated swash driver on the head block, keep it polished aluminium to match the tail and boom block and ...... we have a lifetime winner

silent, low part count and robust.

lol or just get bert to fly a outrage heli for once, or even mention the word outrage and i will have faith again, but i think we have a better chance of a fusion N2
they haven't given up on the Fusion at all.
and it doesn't even need all that.
the bird flies perfect as it is.. it just needs some better materials and QC which they are working on.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

agreed, but what does need to happen is outrage ether
1. needs to get their current top pilot/executive Bert kammerer to fly, promote and represent the brand
or
2. hire someone that can

this silence cant go on forever, as mentioned about, outrage is loosing customers fast and their value as a brand name is being questioned
fusionbrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbrad View Post
agreed, but what does need to happen is outrage ether
1. needs to get their current top pilot/executive Bert kammerer to fly, promote and represent the brand
or
2. hire someone that can

this silence cant go on forever, as mentioned about, outrage is loosing customers fast and their value as a brand name is being questioned
Have you even read this thread? Bert has commented that at this point, he does not feel comfortable promoting Outrage.

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
Have you even read this thread? Bert has commented that at this point, he does not feel comfortable promoting Outrage.
I wouldn't feel comfortable promoting them either.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks like its time for me to move on. im gonna take a bath on this sucker

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why move on if the heli is working? Mine has been superb now that I've done the mods and made sure everything is ship shape. I got 6 flights in today. Its not like Luca and the Outrage guys ditched us.. it is their company and I know they are very aware of the F50 issues. The V50 and V90 are very popular.... Outrage is not going anywhere!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

V50 is their flagship model and everyone i knopw that owns one enjoys it a lot/.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

dont get wrong at all...... i truely love this heli. i like everything about it. right now im not able to fly it hard enough to push the tail to the limits of "possibly" stripping a gear. but im working hard on getting there.
i'm probably gonne keep it but as a consumer, this whole thread just fustrates me. i have yet to see one outrage official come on and say one thing. i know , i know, there has been plenty reps come on and say their piece. im thankfull for it also.
out of both kits i have had i never had to do any tail gear mod or boom block mod. but both kits have had a grinding type noise while spooling down. i cant figure it out. it flies fine, no vibes. gear mesh is perfect. but i think its where the tail drive gear meshes with the auto gear. if i take the boom off, and spin the tail gear i have no noise. if i spin the main gear i have no noise. its only when i put them two together. i have replaced the tail drive gear a few times but they are all out of round. when i spin the main rotor you can def. feel a tight spot at a certain point. its not the auto gear cause i have two and it does the same thing. its hard to describe, like a clicking/grinding noise. its not constant, its only at a certain spot.
im just fustrated with the company not the heli.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
The V50 and V90 are very popular.... Outrage is not going anywhere!
I didn't see any at IRCHA.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I saw a number of them. Besides... remember align has 50% market share... the rest of the brands are all in the single digits... and Outrage is over a few other well know names. I saw a chart recently... I wish I could remember where. It was very interesting.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have enough experience to be able to speak to the F50 issues specifically, but what I can offer is this. I just bought one from a member here second hand. I took some time with it, stripped it down to frames and rebuilt from skids up. I now know this heli mechanically, but have yet to really fly it. I do believe the pinions I have are wrong mod as first "flight" stripped the main gear clean. I halfway expected something in that area, so not too hurtful. Found a pinion that seemed like right mod but ID was too small. Got it on a lathe dead center, bored it out and it fits great. Hovered out a pack, feels ok. Second flight, stripped main gear clean again. So I'll also chalk this one up to bad pinion. However, I have, without question, the correct pinions en route to my door. If I strip another main gear, then I'll be on the bandwagon wondering what gives. I have three more main gears, two are black and one is white. I'll chew through all of them if it comes down to it assuming perhaps quality with one or another isn't the same but if they all go up in ribbons, I have no idea what to do from there. As a brand new Fusion owner, it really starts to feel like gut punches hearing all the slamming going on. I really like this heli, my first 600 size bird and for the all of three flights I have on it, I know I'll be able to dial it in to fly really well. But if for some reason Outrage falls through the floorboards and parts dwindle off, it'll really have me chapped!! All I can say is from a new owner's perspective, it's disheartening to hear the comments that are being thrown around and now I'm near certain that the resale of such a heli would be difficult at best. So I'm sticking it out as I kinda have to, but really have hopes that this will just be a storm that blows through and all will be ok. If not, then I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it I guess.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
You may as well just keep flying it or drop it down to a 6s machine, resale value is in the toilet and threads and posts in this forum are just making it worse.
I have no actual issues with the heli other than the wobbly TT gears (which I mentioned earlier)... What worries me is if they dont shape up and tank, I'll be stuck with a heli that I cant crash. I'm not jumping ship (I really like this heli, as anybody here that knows me already knows), but if things dont improve soon I will.

@DKS_ONE
How are you setting gear-mesh? I think this is your problem... PM me if you have any issues.

There needs to be (nearly) ZERO backlash. Set it to ZERO at the high spot on the gear and you will not strip gears.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
If I strip another main gear, then I'll be on the bandwagon wondering what gives.
Umm.. DKS that is one of the issues that HAS been solved.... grab one of these.

http://helidirect.com/sa00073a-outra...50-p-25527.hdx
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

also make sure your gov gain isnt to high. i see your using a CC esc. i think it needs to be under 12

Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
I have no actual issues with the heli other than the wobbly TT gears (which I mentioned earlier)... What worries me is if they dont shape up and tank, I'll be stuck with a heli that I cant crash. I'm not jumping ship (I really like this heli, as anybody here that knows me already knows), but if things dont improve soon I will.

@DKS_ONE
How are you setting gear-mesh? I think this is your problem... PM me if you have any issues.

There needs to be (nearly) ZERO backlash. Set it to ZERO at the high spot on the gear and you will not strip gears.
I did set it quite tight, I usually set gear mesh to the point where you get a little "crunchy" (not a good choice of word but best I can think) noise when rotating the head CCW engaging the motor. When I set this one, I get no noise so it was snug up. I'll be sure to get it darn near zero backlash for sure when I get the pinions. At this point I'm gonna chalk it up to the pinions as I don't really know just WHAT pinions I actually have lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Umm.. DKS that is one of the issues that HAS been solved.... grab one of these.

http://helidirect.com/sa00073a-outra...50-p-25527.hdx
I may jump on that... any available in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
also make sure your gov gain isnt to high. i see your using a CC esc. i think it needs to be under 12
Gain is at 12
Old 09-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know anything about Canadian retailers but you can sure have one shipped from the US
Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh ya, I know. All you guys down there have such plentiful options for parts ordering lol! If I get anything US, I get raped on frickin' "brokerage fees". WTF?? Stupid charges to cross the line, it's retarded. That gear would probably cost me close to $50 by the time I actually receive it. I exagerate... I doubt it would be that bad so I might give it a go once my current remaining gears burn off... lol! Thanks for the link

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in