Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Another tail bounce ?

I have some tail bounce when I first spool up (as soon as blades are turning). It goes away as soon as I raise the throttle. Is this normal or is it a sign of a tail problem or something else? I know there is serious slop in the mainshaft at the top jesus bolt. I tried new bearings in flybar pivot and aluminum flybar. The main shaft is smooth without the head. Very minor vibes. Will a lynx main shaft fit the bolt tighter ?
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine does the exact same but flys great nothing to worry about in my apinion but I am no expert
kevinizer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Kevin. Just waiting for the wind to quit for a test flight. I'm not good enough to fly in any wind!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya still waiting for snow to melt here winter here was to loung and cold lol!
kevinizer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail bounce you are experiencing is probably due to your main blades getting slung off axis as the head accelerates. It's not a big deal unless it causes the heli to tip over. You can tighten the blades just a little bit more snug to reduce the bounce a little.

When you say slop at the Jesus bolt, you mean that the main shaft can rotate just a little bit around the Jesus bolt/head? I would not live with that, and would replace the main shaft and/or the head, depending on which was causing the problem. If that looseness wears/fatigues the Jesus bolt, your whole head could go rocketing off the heli.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. The head can move without moving the main shaft. Will a new shaft be better or should /can I upgrade to something else? I've noticed this "slop" since I got the heli. It was a "brand new never flown" Ebay special. Came in a RTF box but was sold as BNF.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The BNF and RTF 450's come in the same box from HH. Your head should have two slots in it. This allows the head to grip the main shaft when you tighten down the Jesus bolt. Try that to see if you can eliminate the play. If you can't, then you will need a new head and/or shaft. I'd try a shaft first, since you'll most likely need another main shaft at some point anyway. Then try a new head.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have another shaft. It seems as loose as the first. How much of the jesus bolt sticks out of the nut? I don't want to over tighten it(I'm very good at that! )
Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's hard to say how much to tighten, as I have developed a feel for how much is enough. I would tell you to just do a little bit at a time, then check for tightness of the head. If still loose, tighten a little more. If you tighten too much, and the Jesus bolt breaks, then pull out the pieces, and get a new one with a new head.

If you have a LHS nearby, you can bring it to them, and let someone with a feel for it try to tighten up your head.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in