Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x Maiden Flight Report w/Pictures & Video!

Just got the 130x on the way home from work at the LHS. I pulled the battery and started charging it using the separate adapter then took a pic of how it looks in the box. Only thing I did was tighten up the main and tail blades until they would stay in place and not flop around. Then I got the JR 11x all setup while it charged at .6 amps.

The battery had the hook micro velcro already on the backside there was no soft loop velcro anywhere in the box to put on the actual helicopter. But I already had some of that from the mCP batteries but oh well.
I flew it right before sunset in the small backyard and got video via my hat camera. I'll upload it to youtube but I had the hat too low and the heli climbs out of frame a few times.

First impressions is that it has some serious head speed and you can hear it go from normal, ST1 which is flat 75 and ST2 which is 100 flat. I go back and forth experimenting. I did have 5% expo on the rudder even though the manual says to use none but I think it could use couple more % since the nose is sensitive.

The only problem I found was when I would piro using only my left thumb meaning not touching the right stick, it would piro off axis. It would tilt away from level and it’s probably a CG issue. Also the motor was really really HOT just under 4 minutes of flying but the battery was barely warm at 3.75v per cell afterward.

Also my battery weighs in at 23.5g!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9769.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	328129   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9770.JPG
Views:	616
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	328130   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9771.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	328131   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9773.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	328132   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9775.jpg
Views:	1493
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	328133  

HugoCraft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maiden flight on youtube

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4pP6-g2GWI[/ame]
Old 06-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet thats the 1st vid seen it flying thanks for not ading music to it nice sounds like. Really mad beeee

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm planning on go the local field that has a ton of space and flying it really early in the morning and try to get the hat camera better pointed at it. Hopefully get some good video and upload it. Try to beat the heat and fly before it gets 100F around lunch time
Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the posts HugoCraft. What spares are included? Thanks.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good qestion did it comeany spares besides another set of blades

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that is loud. None of the other videos so far sounded that bad. Seriously. I'm about to cancel my pre-order that is so annoyingly loud.
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice video Hugo. Really great to see someone do some just fun flying around. Want mine so bad now. Thanks a bunch for sharing.
Mounds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

its not that loud the one i saw fly at the lhs when i bought mine wasn't near that loud...haven't got to fly mine yet
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

It comes with the weighted blades with bullets like the ones for MCP but they are already installed. You can see that in the pics. The extra blades are the high performance blades without the bullets.

It comes with:
(4) head linkages like the ones you lose and pop off on the mcp
(5) canopy grommets
both white tail torque tube gears. The front are black and doesn't come with any spare black front ones. I assume the fronts are stronger so you are more likely to strip the weaker rear white ones which are easier to get to and replace. I think the optional metal TT gears are the front ones.

The flying I get tomorrow morning at the field will better represent the heli in average hands plus the more I fly it the more I'll get used to it. It is a little loud but not that bad. I'm flying really close to me and the video makes it worse than it actually is in person. Like my dle-30 gas plane sounds super loud in videos but in person its no louder than a .46 nitro trainer plane if we fly together for example.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey man, thanks for sharing!! The first of many I'm sure

I have to agree with the person who said that it was pretty damn loud... How does that compare to the Walkera 120 size CP?

I wonder if it will get quieter once the heli 'breaks-in' a little??

Who's next
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime0 View Post
Wow that is loud. None of the other videos so far sounded that bad. Seriously. I'm about to cancel my pre-order that is so annoyingly loud.
It's probably the automatic audio gain control on the video recording device causing it to sound louder than it really is.

Thanks for posting that. I'm still on the fence, but I suspect I'll succumb before too long.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
I'm still on the fence, but I suspect I'll succumb before too long.
Good luck to you. I finally caved, lol.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good luck to you. I finally caved, lol.
Well done, I am sure you won/t need to mod it as much as the Mini CP.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try to resist for a while. It'll be my trainer for this awesome guy: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3U2335Lgb0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpvS9U5FIrw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 06-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
It's the mic. You don't notice how loud the background noise is?

There is a reason in the other vids the 130's don't sound like that, because they don't. Doof!
TwinTurbo95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoCraft View Post
It comes with the weighted blades with bullets like the ones for MCP but they are already installed. You can see that in the pics. The extra blades are the high performance blades without the bullets.

It comes with:
(4) head linkages like the ones you lose and pop off on the mcp
(5) canopy grommets
both white tail torque tube gears. The front are black and doesn't come with any spare black front ones. I assume the fronts are stronger so you are more likely to strip the weaker rear white ones which are easier to get to and replace. I think the optional metal TT gears are the front ones.

The flying I get tomorrow morning at the field will better represent the heli in average hands plus the more I fly it the more I'll get used to it. It is a little loud but not that bad. I'm flying really close to me and the video makes it worse than it actually is in person. Like my dle-30 gas plane sounds super loud in videos but in person its no louder than a .46 nitro trainer plane if we fly together for example.
On my 120D02S, walkera, I have replaced the "A" gear, I believe that's what it is called, every time it lands ruff or I crash!. It is ran off the main gear so it strips real ez and I have never stripped the 2 "B & C" gears in the tail,( rear gears)!
Hopefully it is a different set up. (If not oh well) Any time you land on carpet that might b a bit (shaggy) not that I have shag carpet!!! But sometime the tail will sink down into the thicker carpet and would result in stripped A gear. Have to b really careful w/ gear driven tails! They came up with a "slipper clutch" for the Walkera. Might be able, if needed, to do something similar.
Might be totally different however, I have yet to put my hands on one to see how it might hold up..
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my 5th flight on the new Blade 130-x but the first flight with the high performance blades without the weighted bullets. It has never been crashed or dropped at all. Basically only 5 flights without any damage or problems.

Toward the end of the flight you can see it started to piro all of a sudden and I pegged the rudder the right/oppposite of the rotation with no reponse. I even wiggled the rudder before it hit and still no reaction. After it hit I noticed one of the tail blades was gone but the bolt holding it was still there. I couldn't find the blade at all and I searched near by the crash site. I think it shot the tail blade then it started to piro and there was nothing I could do. I tried to keep it at zero pitch and hit throttle hold. One grip had the ball break off at the end but the link was still atttached to the swashplate. That could of gone first but I doubt it since the blades looked fine upon impact and the link easily get binded with only one end attached to swashplate.

Earlier I lost half or one of the canopy mounts that holds the canopy by walking the helicopter from the truck to the bench without the canopy on. So make sure your canopy mounts are secure to the cf rod and not loose! So far the parts I need is new main blade grips, tail blades, and canopy rod.

I guess I need to contact Horizon but they will want me to mail the entire helicopter to them I bet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9al-yaLkEds[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9781.jpg
Views:	4752
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	328286   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9782.jpg
Views:	4732
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	328287   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9784.jpg
Views:	4767
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	328288  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Nice
MDIVITO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Send it In...

Since the only real available part right now seems to be the main gear, I'd contact HH and send it in if they request. This "might" be a manufacturing defect and is definitely serious.

I have mine on order and will stay posted to this Thread...damn, I wish this didn't happen to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoCraft View Post
This is my 5th flight on the new Blade 130-x but the first flight with the high performance blades without the weighted bullets. It has never been crashed or dropped at all. Basically only 5 flights without any damage or problems.

Toward the end of the flight you can see it started to piro all of a sudden and I pegged the rudder the right/oppposite of the rotation with no reponse. I even wiggled the rudder before it hit and still no reaction. After it hit I noticed one of the tail blades was gone but the bolt holding it was still there. I couldn't find the blade at all and I searched near by the crash site. I think it shot the tail blade then it started to piro and there was nothing I could do. I tried to keep it at zero pitch and hit throttle hold. One grip had the ball break off at the end but the link was still atttached to the swashplate. That could of gone first but I doubt it since the blades looked fine upon impact and the link easily get binded with only one end attached to swashplate.

Earlier I lost half or one of the canopy mounts that holds the canopy by walking the helicopter from the truck to the bench without the canopy on. So make sure your canopy mounts are secure to the cf rod and not loose! So far the parts I need is new main blade grips, tail blades, and canopy rod.

I guess I need to contact Horizon but they will want me to mail the entire helicopter to them I bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9al-yaLkEds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in