Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Clyde can i send you my swashplate and cup and have you change it ?
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

im gonna change it all to the parts they sent me.................and give her another go .
Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi everyone.

i have a question:

the bevel gear (B) in the front gearbox (the horizontal one): i can move that back and forth by about 2-3mm in the box. Is this normal? If i put it all the way back (into the box) I have quite some backleash!
Any solution to this? or is this normal?

cheers,
cyril
low.level.3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by low.level.3d View Post
Hi everyone.

i have a question:

the bevel gear (B) in the front gearbox (the horizontal one): i can move that back and forth by about 2-3mm in the box. Is this normal? If i put it all the way back (into the box) I have quite some backleash!
Any solution to this? or is this normal?

cheers,
cyril
No you should not have play, you should have a bearing pushed all the way up against the rear of the gear, followed by the aluminum spacer, then the rear bearing, the bearings ride in the pockets in the case and once the case in closed bevel gear B should be in full contact with bevel gear A. bevel gear B is basically chucked in place with the bearing up against the back of the gear and can't move forward for it is in contact with gear A.
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

that is just what I thought - I have to close the box completely...but that didnt change anything to the play. Well I checked it again. The play is about 1.8mm, and not 2-3mm as I said earlier.... Sitll too much, I think. In the extreme position the teeth hardly touch each other...

I am absolutely sure, that I put everything together as it is supposed to...

(Ok, i am missing some words now...but i will try to explain):

on bevel gear B, there is that part where you put the bearings and the spacer on. then, there is a part with a bit of a larger diameter. (the point, where the first bearing stops, if pushed all the way up the gear...I noticed, that this part with the larger diameter should be a bit longer (towards the rear of the bearing)...Thats where the play is coming from...

I fixed it now with four 0.2mm whashers. so a total of 0.8mm of washers. I put these on the gear fist, followed by the first bearing, then the spacer and the last bearing.

I am happy with the play now. it is a bit less than 1mm and the teeth always have good contact now.

I will definitely talk to my dealer again about this. We will see, what he thinks...
I also want to have a look at a spare gear, when i visit the shop, to see if it is different to mine or not.

Will let you know...

Of course I still think it is a great machine!!

cyril

P.S. isnt it somehow strange that every kit is slightly different to others? Some come with this part, some with another, some have play, some dont....Shouldn`t it be all the same? I mean it is machine work, CNC and so....

:

Last edited by low.level.3d; 01-25-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok guys,

I have been to a funfly yesterday. I talked to some guys flying velocity90``s. They told me to turn the countershaft by 180°. I wouldn t be symmetrical.

I seems as if the factory pre-built countershaft with its two gears on it is built incorrectly by the factory!!

I turned the countershaft by 180° . The holes for the gears are not at the same place on the two sides. difference is about 1.5mm or so... In other words the shaft is not symmetrical!

I tuned the shaft and fitted the gears again, and closed the gear box. the slop I talked about before was suddenly gone. And the teeth of the gears now have a solid contact. Now eveything seems to be perfect. and everything is turning smooth.

Ok. what do I think of this?

first: Very bad that the prebuilt stuff is built incorrectly. And I mean that REALLY BAD!!
second: very bad, that the manual doesnt say, that this shaft is not symmetrical. Because if it would, I would have found the problem myself.

Anyway, I am reall happy, that everything is as it should be now. And I am so much lookin gforward to fly this thing!

cheers,

cyril

cheers,

cyril
Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't read the manual, but it seems that even prebuilt parts should have assembly instructions, it should have then told you how to identify "UP" on the shaft.

Last edited by kazager; 02-06-2011 at 11:34 AM..
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

then you should read the manual.

this particular prebuilt part does have instructions on how to assemble it. As all the other prebuilt parts do.

But there is NO indication at all that would tell you whats up and down. it doesnt even tell you, that the shaft is not symmetrical. And identify a difference of only 1.5mm on a preassembled shaft is quite difficult. I had to take everything apart, so I could measure properly....

cheers,

cyirl
Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I edited my reply to say it SHOULD specify up & down. which was what I meant in the first place.
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by low.level.3d View Post
Ok guys,

I have been to a funfly yesterday. I talked to some guys flying velocity90``s. They told me to turn the countershaft by 180°. I wouldn t be symmetrical.

I seems as if the factory pre-built countershaft with its two gears on it is built incorrectly by the factory!!

I turned the countershaft by 180° . The holes for the gears are not at the same place on the two sides. difference is about 1.5mm or so... In other words the shaft is not symmetrical!

I tuned the shaft and fitted the gears again, and closed the gear box. the slop I talked about before was suddenly gone. And the teeth of the gears now have a solid contact. Now eveything seems to be perfect. and everything is turning smooth.

Ok. what do I think of this?

first: Very bad that the prebuilt stuff is built incorrectly. And I mean that REALLY BAD!!
second: very bad, that the manual doesnt say, that this shaft is not symmetrical. Because if it would, I would have found the problem myself.

Anyway, I am reall happy, that everything is as it should be now. And I am so much lookin gforward to fly this thing!

cheers,

cyril

cheers,

cyril
does anyone else have the same problem?? i ordered multiple new gears and all of them were the same, with a lot of play between the gears - not really snug.
I have to take apart every set of gears and switch between the top and bottm gears to get a perfect fit - is anyone else experiencing the same problem??
royroy11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in