Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default MCPx Futaba radio?

How do you fly the MCPx with a futaba? Just curious. Do you guys have a spek tx laying around for just such an occasion or do you get the rtf? I was looking at something and it made me think of this.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Futaba transmitters and spektrum receivers can't communicate with each other. You can't swap the receiver from the mcpx because the receiver, fbl controller, and esc are all integrated.
the collective is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only way is to swap the Futaba TX module for a Spektrum one, provided you have one of the capable Futaba TXs. See http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMMSFUT9 for example.
I just bought a 2nd hand DX7 (which was cheaper than buying the spektrum module) to fly the BNF type models, like the MCPX.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can purchase a spektrum module specific to your futaba radio... but the down side is that you will then have to replace all of your Futaba receivers in other models with the spektrum receivers (AR7000 and the like). Not worth it just for the mCPX. Thinking of getting one of those birds myself recently and came across the same issue ( I have a Futaba 7C Radio).
gbidwell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly my MCPx on my 10C with a Spectrum DM8 module (see above link), works fine although it's very twitchy, probably need to dial in some expo
Make sure you have a modular transmitter, as not all of them are.
theColonel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbidwell View Post
you can purchase a spektrum module specific to your futaba radio... but the down side is that you will then have to replace all of your Futaba receivers in other models with the spektrum receivers (AR7000 and the like). Not worth it just for the mCPX. Thinking of getting one of those birds myself recently and came across the same issue ( I have a Futaba 7C Radio).
Well to be honest, the mCPX is almost worth the PITA of getting a Spectrum module. However if you also realize that you can now BNF to all those BNF heli's and planes, then it is really worth it.

I put the Spectrum module in my old 72MHz Super 7. Works great. It is true that I didn't need to also get the Spectrum receiver that was bundled with the module though. That would have saved some $$$ I think. Still might sell it.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 05:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
Well to be honest, the mCPX is almost worth the PITA of getting a Spectrum module. However if you also realize that you can now BNF to all those BNF heli's and planes, then it is really worth it.

I put the Spectrum module in my old 72MHz Super 7. Works great. It is true that I didn't need to also get the Spectrum receiver that was bundled with the module though. That would have saved some $$$ I think. Still might sell it.

When you put the Spektrum Module in that 72 Mhz radio, does it stay 72 MHz or switch to 2.4?
Bladecpnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
When you put the Spektrum Module in that 72 Mhz radio, does it stay 72 MHz or switch to 2.4?
The old Super 7 has a rf module (72MHz) that you pull out and replace with the Spectrum 2.4, so basically you are flying a DSM2 2.4GHz system at that point.

I can always put the old 72Mhz module back in, if I want to---and maybe for some of my older stuff, I'll do that. I still have a fair amount of 72MHz equipment, and since our field isn't too busy---and most now are flying on 2.4GHz, I almost have the entire 72MHz spectrum to myself!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys,
I 've just purchased a 'mcpx bnf' from e-flite in order to be used with my tx ff9 (t9cp) from futaba with the dm8 dsm2 module from spektrum.

The binding is easy to realise but I think I didn't set the good parameters and probably put the wrong cyclic type or something else.

When I'm trying to move aileron or elevator, the head didn't come back to its initial position. I thought that is could be my heli, but I tried the dx6i from a friend and all was ok.

Is anybody could help me to find good tx settings?
thanks!
nicorio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Futaba ?

Would it be possible for theColonel to explain how to bind the MCP X to a Futaba ? I have just got the heli, thought it would be a doddle to bind to my T9CP with DM8, after all, it worked fine with the little SBach342. But it isn't a simple thing to bind to this heli, and get it to fly. So any hints you can give me would be good, thank you in advance.
electrev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I've not been online as much recently, I've been rebuilding my PC, so been reinstalling software etc.

As I recall it was pretty straight forward: power up your heli, wait for the flashing blue light and then power on your TX with the bind button held in, I think this can take a while to complete and that's pertty much it.

Just watch which channels need reversing, don't try and take off with out double checking everything!

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try rebinding mine to check how long I held the button for etc.
theColonel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 10 CHG that I use on all my bigger Helis. Bought an old DX7SE for my MCPX and 130X. Cheaper.
Freeskiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I use the 14mz and only have spectrum receivers.

I have no futaba recievers, 20 some odd spectrum, bnf and orange recievers all work great with the dm8 module tx stuck to the back. I also have the mcpx and 130 and both work great. With heli Battery plugged in and blue light blinking hold the dm8 button down then flick the power on the transmitter. Wait about 5 seconds then let the button go on the module. Light on bird should go solid within 2 sec after letting go.
The module on the back does not know what the transmitter is doing so even if it's beeping telling you that a switch is in throttle hold or some other issue the module only sees that power was turned on and your holding the button. That's all it needs to know to bind. The 130 has some problems binding but the mcpx works first time every time on both my v1 and v2. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in