Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Horns hitting after centering servos. ?

Hey all, I again got braver and crashed the 450X. Went trough all the procedures on BeastX for centering Servos ( Parameter "G") but now, the servo horns on both Elev & Cyc are hitting when I move right stick on full travel, should I re center servos again? Horns point of contact just below the canopy post, & the servos are located on the left side of heli with the tail in, thx all in advance.
D arrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check servo to swash link lengths. Maybe shorten and go through"G" again.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thx for the response, what is the length suppose to be on them links?
Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries.

I can't tell you an exact length. I do know the swash height from the top of the frame to the bottom of the swash is 13.98mm-14.00mm.

Also, make sure in step "L" that you get rid of any unwanted binding. If you can decrease the limit, keep the horns from touching the posts, and still keep the light blue (or at least on or two clicks away from it) then you should be good to go.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know if would make any difference or not, and maybe someone will chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong but think about this also:
Go into your Tx and reverse the elevator and the other cyclic servo (pitch or aileron, depending on what channel you have it plugged into in the AR7200). Then go into step "I" and see if you can get the servos moving in the correct direction. Then start at step "G" again and go through the rest of set up.

Not sure if servos move the exact same amount in both directions whether reversed in the Tx or not, but I was just thinking for a minute.....for what it's worth.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

+1 on menu L

So long as you've got everything centered properly in G then the other one you should pay attention to is L (cyclic limit). You should be able to keep the limiter in the blue light range without the horn binding against the canopy post.

That's one reason I really like the Lynx frame is because it gets rid of that as a binding point since the elevator servo is mounted near the mainshaft and directly to the swashplate instead of that wacky horizontal location on the stock frame.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sure helps with geometry having your servos placed closer to the swash and connected directly to it.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
I can't tell you an exact length. I do know the swash height from the top of the frame to the bottom of the swash is 13.98mm-14.00mm.
I believe that should be 15mm from the bottom of the swash to the top of frame to have the follower arms level at 50% collective... at least it is on mine.

I wonder if the two tiny shims which go on top of the upper main shaft bearing are missing on your heli? Possibly this could allow the main shaft to sit slightly lower in the frame.

Last edited by Gyropilot; 02-18-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyropilot View Post
I believe that should be 15mm from the bottom of the swash to the top of frame to have the follower arms level at 50% collective... at least it is on mine.

I wonder if the two tiny shims which go on top of the upper main shaft bearing are missing on your heli? Possibly this could allow the main shaft to sit slightly lower in the frame.
Thx for asking GP. Yes, those two tiny shims are on the shaft. My numb skull was just going to fast on re setting the Beast X during the set up on Parameter G & L. but all are good now. Thx again for all the help folks, ya'll come to for me all the time.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by D arrow View Post
My numb skull was just going to fast on re setting the Beast X during the set up on Parameter G & L.
You're not the only one...

Yesterday I went through a complete linkage and setup check in the AR7200BX on my 450Xv2 using a Soko-Heli tool kit and their iOS app with the Virtual Main Shaft feature. I thought I'd nailed everything down perfectly.

Then last night I was laying in bed and suddenly began to question if I'd correctly done the 6 degree cyclic pitch geometry input on menu J. I just couldn't remember doing it.

So this morning I dragged everything out again, ran through menu J, and as a result of altering menu J, had to redo menu L too. Better safe than sorry.

In any case, I should sleep better tonight!

Last edited by Gyropilot; 02-18-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'm ready for the 360CFX to get here, and quick. Got all the rebuild done with the heli, took it out test flew it then boo ya!!!! took a dirt nap. lucky enough I was only 3ft off the ground, but when the rotors are spinning you will break parts. Spindle, one of the tail boom support broke & yes, one of the cyclic servo stripped a gear. I tested servos during the build for bindings and, none of all 3 cyc servos are showing signs. I'll go ahead and change all 3 servos to get them off my worry book when I rebuild it, AGAIN!!!! Man, I must like re building than flying but I guess, it's a part of learning. Reason on crashed was, heli banked left but, I was only quick enough to throttle cut rather than compensating on the cyclic.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF Support

Ouch. Sorry dude. I always say I can live with it if I know it was my fault. It's when some component fails without any warning that always gets under my skin. Keep with it. At some point crashes become rare events. Good components are a big part of that as well as a good setup which you're learning.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Ouch. Sorry dude. I always say I can live with it if I know it was my fault. It's when some component fails without any warning that always gets under my skin. Keep with it. At some point crashes become rare events. Good components are a big part of that as well as a good setup which you're learning.
Thx nelson, lucky for me for having patients, the darn heli would have been in the re cycle bins if it wasn't for that reason. I've read your post about you using the lynx frame, would all the the original components drop fit to these frame? I want to slowly upgrade these heli as I learn on it, I only want to upgrade the frame for now &, any advise is appreciated as always.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
HF Support

I would think that all of the stock components would fit fine on the Lynx frame. No reason they shouldn't. It's more expensive to repair that frame, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend it if you're not done crashing a lot, but it's definitely easier to work on than the stock one.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I would think that all of the stock components would fit fine on the Lynx frame. No reason they shouldn't. It's more expensive to repair that frame, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend it if you're not done crashing a lot, but it's definitely easier to work on than the stock one.
thx Nelson, in that case, I'll just wait until I get more comfortable and relax on my flying. I still get a little nervous with these heli and I must admit, most of my crashes are from it. I sure love to work on them tho, I can tell you that much, it makes me want to fly it and crash it again. Thx for your input about the Lynx frame, much appreciated. Heck I should change my user name as, " CRASH MAN ".
Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We all crash, sucks when it's your turn. And let me tell you, I felt like it was my turn for a long time. I'd go weeks being down way more that up flying. Then, as I started learning more about why I was doing what I was doing those down times became less frequent. The little crashes here and there went away. Like a tail belt snapping, easy enough to fix, but it took time because you had to remove the boom and then get the tension right again. The dirt naps became less often, but more disastrous overall.
I finally got a 550 size machine a while back and finally had an "uncontrolled" landing while attempting an auto-rotation. Been down for two weeks...pain in the ass...but hella fun to fly a bigger machine!
Relax, take your time, and progress at your own rate. Find your own flying style and set your heli up the way you like to fly it. For some that's dialing in some expo and using different rates. I used to be a 100% everything across the board, until I learnied how much I could tune the thing just by going into the Tx and making a few slight adjustments.
Most importantly, have fun!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny thing about crashing is, walking up to the heli after the crash and at the same time, you're doing the math in your head as you walk up to it. my cheapest crash so far was, today. Tail boom support, spindle & one cyclic servo which I knew anytime I would have to replace one of them but instead of just changing one, I would go ahead and change all 3 just to get them off my worry book for the next re build. Tail servo had been replaced, I'm surprised the BeastX and the motor is still kickin. Heck, 2 or more crashes, I'll have me a new 450x.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sef of 3 cyclics for the 450X cost the same as one cyclic for my 550e. Yikes!!!!!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
Sef of 3 cyclics for the 450X cost the same as one cyclic for my 550e. Yikes!!!!!
Wow, I'm not way too ready for that big of a bird yet, I'm sure that day will come but, I no no on that for now.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

O, but the 550 flies sooooooo awesome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in