Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CB100 w/ 2801 pro

I had a question with this setup. I have the "C" rx and was wondering which servos are reversed in the TX. I had a lot of problems trying to fly the thing and ended breaking the main frame. I have the HP-06 and 2.9 tail combo, but I can't seem to get and forward or backward flight. I tried everything including 100% dual rate no expo and 120% travel. I don't know what to do.
Jabsten is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabsten View Post
I had a question with this setup. I have the "C" rx and was wondering which servos are reversed in the TX. I had a lot of problems trying to fly the thing and ended breaking the main frame. I have the HP-06 and 2.9 tail combo, but I can't seem to get and forward or backward flight. I tried everything including 100% dual rate no expo and 120% travel. I don't know what to do.
I can't tell which channel to reverse you have to figure it out your self, using following method.

before we go, make sure you have the correct mode setting in your transmitter.
If you want Throttle and Rudder on the left stick and Elevation and Aileron on the right stick, so you have to set your transmitter to MODE2

If you want Throttle and Rudder on the right stick and Elevation and Aileron on the left stick, so you have to set your transmitter to MODE1

ok here we go.

First, move your elevation stick forward while looking at the swashplate, the swashplate have to tilt forward (nose down, tail up) vice versa If you move your elevation stick backword the swash plate should to tilt backward (nose up, tail down)

Second, move your aileron stick to the left, the swashplate should tilt to the left (left down, right up), vice versa if you move your aileron stick to the right, the swashplate should tilt to the right (left up, right down)

Third, move your throttle stick up a little bit, just for the main roter rotating **DON'T LIFT THE HELI** then move your Rudder stick to the left, the tail motor should stop, vice versa If you move your rudder to the right the tail motor should rotating extreamly fast, and your heli should spin clockwise.
ting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just come back with the YouTube Video. In this video the guy have to reverse his elevation channel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTTQU6vKcI[/ame]
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Only channel 1 is reversed, channels 2 to 8 should be in normal position.

timewerx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Are you sure it is channel one that is reversed? Is that the elevation?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewerx View Post
Only channel 1 is reversed, channels 2 to 8 should be in normal position.
Bceareful timewerx, I found that it is different from heli to heli. My CB100 with my 2801pro have to reverse only Ch.1 as you said, but we have some on in the group have to set their reverse differently.

P.S. Ch.1 is the Elev Channel.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well the channel 1 reversed seems to work, but still having servo throw problems. I have my DR maxed, serv adj maxed, but still having little movement. I set my servo arms at 90, and they are moving fine, with no binding. What else could it be?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well the channel 1 reversed seems to work, but still having servo throw problems. I have my DR maxed, serv adj maxed, but still having little movement. I set my servo arms at 90, and they are moving fine, with no binding. What else could it be?
Let me guess, you bang the sticks but the servos stop moving beyond a certain stick deflection? I have the same 'problem' in that case.

In my 4#3b, max everything on the RX and 2801 Pro, I only get around 30 degrees of travel, way less than my 4G6, but still faster than stock setup of my 4#3b, even during flight.

I don't have a CB100 but I'm using CB100 servos and RX on my 4#3b (even use 100% CB100 servos on my 4G6!) so the result should be the same.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Exactly timewerx...I might have to move the links to get more movement. I really regret this purchase, because I love my Msr, and my novus 125 is a good challenge at the moment. The CB100 is like a fat mouse trying to run for the cheese compared to my blade msr. The thing seems like a tank. LOL. A new 120sr blade is coming next month FP, and is bigger then the msr. I will be purchasing that too. I feel like selling my cb100. I have upgraded the tail and motor. I also have 2 extra TX's now due to the 2801 pro taking the lead...I have never sold anything on the internet before.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Exactly timewerx...I might have to move the links to get more movement. I really regret this purchase, because I love my Msr, and my novus 125 is a good challenge at the moment. The CB100 is like a fat mouse trying to run for the cheese compared to my blade msr. The thing seems like a tank. LOL. A new 120sr blade is coming next month FP, and is bigger then the msr. I will be purchasing that too. I feel like selling my cb100. I have upgraded the tail and motor. I also have 2 extra TX's now due to the 2801 pro taking the lead...I have never sold anything on the internet before.
if your selling your CB100,email me some pics at hirevmotors@yahoo.com.
i dont know why you dont like the cb100,it wont move like the MSR.The CB100 has more parts and moving parts compared to the MSR as well as weight.If you love the MSR i think you will love the MSR120.
celm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The CB100 is like a fat mouse trying to run for the cheese compared to my blade msr. The thing seems like a tank. LOL.
I think it would have been better if you bought the 4#3b instead. It might be even twitchier than Novus 125!

It's certainly a good beater heli. As crash resistant as CB100 but has the flying qualities of CP. So if you can fly a 4#3b, you certainly will be able to hover any CP 'out of the box'. A 4#6 with the 90 degree flybar maybe a good alternative but like the 125, the tail gear is also similarly fragile.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah I was bashing my CB100 today and ended up replacing the blades and tail boom again. I am still having problems with the novus, and now I think the walkera tail servo I just bought is being flaky on me. And usually on the novus, it is the small gear that goes to the main gear I always seem to replace.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jabsten, I bought one of the WOW Hobbies "hot-rodded" CB100s (upgraded main & tail motor + "balanced" flybar) back in January but purchased it with the "2402" (non programmable) Tx. I "do" have a 2801 which came with my 4G6 and was thinking about using it instead of the 2402. Perhaps I won't now after reading about some of the difficulties you've experienced

I had always wondered if using something like a fully programmable 2801 on a "fixed pitch" heli wouldn't be overkill. I suspect that most folks purchase an mSR or a CB100 just to get some basic heli experience and learn the basics of heli flight. I too have owned both an mCX as well as as an mSR and prefer the flight characertistics of the CB100 for the very reason you prefer the E-Flite products. Different strokes and that's what makes the world turn.

I like the more substantial "feel" of the CB100 in flight and I like the fact that it has a little more substance. To me, it flies more like a miniature version of a larger heli. I always found my E-flite birds to be just a little too much on the "featherweight" side. For instance, I find my CB100 to be easier to "spot land" and I think it's because it doesn't get blown around by its own rotor wash as easily as the mSR. I also found that in "dual rate", my mSR was a real handful and one could "over control" it to the extent that it could easily get away from me. I find the CB100 to be more predictable in flight from that standpoint even if it's not as responsive as an mSR.

This wasn't "always" my experience with the CB100. For instance, despite the fact that I believe one is encouraged to center all Tx trims before each bind 'n fly, I found just the opposite to be true. I turn my Tx both "on" and "off" with all trims set in the positions that have produced the most stable flight characteristics in the past and now I have a much more "happy" and stable heli.

I can't say if my next thoughts are "technically correct" or not but it "seems" like these little nano helis (maybe all electro / mechanical devices) need to find their "sweet spots". Unless the bird is just plain unflyable, it seems like constant adjustments to gyros, headspeeds, servos, pitch and control links may "perhaps" do more harm than good. I'm not sure there's enough "precision" built into the mechanicals or the electronics to insure that constant tweaking and adjustment of all the "controllables" will always produce a predictable outcome. Just a thought.

Here's another "for instance". I think it's probably far easier to do a good setup on a larger bird wherein one can actually use a "pitch link" pliers to remove a link rather than trying to pry one of these little tiny links off with your finger nail............and then try adjusting it. It's easier to actually "measure" the adjustments made to larger pieces than to smaller ones. I look at both my 4G6 and my CB100 and wonder that "given" the miniaturization and basic "slop" in parts like the head pieces, control links and swash plates, am I doing more harm than good in trying to find that "perfect setup"?

I am certainly not an "experienced" heli driver by any stretch but I've had to learn to let "new" helis kinda "break in" and find these "sweet spots" before I start messing with the basic setups. Unless they're just plain "unflyable" outa the box, I merely set the trims to a ballpark setting and get some time on the heli before doing anything else. I would expect that even "miniature" shafts, bearings, o-rings, gears etc. need to "break in" and begin turning easily before one can expect much predictability out of 'em.
mikey1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

yesturday my 2nd cb100 came from wow hobbies,double brushless upgraded ECS ,with the rx2406c,my first one came from wow also.same mods with a RX2605A and i am using the 2801 pro.all i have to say is my cb100 with the rx2406c is a total pig compared to my other cb with the 2605a in it.so i am going to but my other RX2605A in it today to wake it up
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

I had more luck last weekend, turning out to be alot of fun besides breaking tail boom again,,,I am using up the rest of the back ups before installing a solid one. I have both upgraded motors, and this thing just flies fast. It doesn't have alot of FF that I would like though. I wish the servos could throw more, and give me more agility. I agree with the spot landings, much easier due to weight. I am so used to my msr, that I love the throw it has on dual rates.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

japsten put a rx2605 in and you will have nice servo movement.i have to turn the servo travel down with the rx2605a
Old 07-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

I just don't want to buy another rx....Maybe I have to adjust some settings on my 2801 pro that I am not thinking of....maybe I need to mess with the sens pot dial...Or maybe my gyro setting on the tx? Or it could be travel adj, or even swash settings lol
Old 07-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just don't want to buy another rx....Maybe I have to adjust some settings on my 2801 pro that I am not thinking of....maybe I need to mess with the sens pot dial...Or maybe my gyro setting on the tx? Or it could be travel adj, or even swash settings lol
if your flying in 2401 mode,you cant do none of that stuff
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

I believe you can do DR and expo. I have mine set up via hotkey in 2401 mode.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in