Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New rebuild..the remora

After a spectacular ground hugging trick, I managed to salvage some parts and came up with the new resurrected E-smart. I got an FG canopy, sanded it and removed the design, spray painted it fluorescent yellow, cut the design out of masking tape, shot it with fluorescent red , shot 3 layers of clear coat and voila, my own design "remora" canopy( got the inspiration after staring at a fish tank with a remora fish in it while rebuilding. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	62398   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	62399  
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Me likes, good job
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

is a remora salt water?

looks pretty good damxyz. i like when people are inspired by others things when coming to art!
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes the remora is saltwater...it's those that attaches themselves to whales and sharks. They have these sets of suction cups on the top of their heads which resemble a heli windscreen. Thanks for the compliments. I also replaced the metal frame panels with CF and shaved some weight off.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey damyxz,
Are you still running the Scanner rc 9764MG servos for cyclic? How are working for you. I have three I just got in and wnat some opinions before i use them.

Dave
Design Engnr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

did you throw the frames on a scale? how much weight did you save and what other parts do you need for conversion? what tail fins are you using?

Last edited by eightythree; 09-10-2008 at 02:04 PM..
Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

NICE!!!!
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

looks good, how well does the canopy hold with only the one mount set? I'd like to do that but would be worried about the canopy moving when I do loops and inverted hovering. If it stays put then I think I'll be buying a FG canopy myself.
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I am still running the scanner SSV-9766MG. They are really good servos and centers really well. They are able to handle some pretty hard maneuvers. My friend who is a hard core 3D flyer was able to do reversing chaos and death spirals on them with out a hitch. I was experimenting with some hitec 5625's digitals that I had on my trex 600 during the time I took the pic. The hitecs are a tad faster with initial response but the scanners has better holding power so I placed the scanners back in the E-smart later.
The heli lost about 160 grams overall after the conversion, which includes using aluminum bolts(stainless steel on the stress bearing areas) trex 600 CF fins, replacing the frame spacers with the lighter ones made for the CF sideplates, adding the aluminum washers and the FG canopy.
I placed the battery underneath the battery tray because it balances better longitudinally that way and makes rolls smoother. The FG canopy is held in place by the battery pack(snug) and the sides are supported by aluminum stubs with rubber tubing over the ends to support the canopy sideways eliminating any vibrations.
One thing, the sound of the heli changed from a high pitched whine to a low frequency hum after the conversion. The sound to me seems to be less intrusive and you can hear the blade sound better as you fly.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Update, I flew the remora and it did it's first 3D this weekend and it did a great job, just a tad slow on the rolls, but flips are on point and o axis. tracking is good but needs a bit of tweaking. tail is behaving better with a set ok K&B 92mm's. Reduced the pinion to 10T because 11T makes it too twitchy and unpredictable. Hurricanes and funnels are great. The lighter body also helps a lot with maneuvers like tic-tocs and rainbows. Battery is cool to touch and so are the ESC and stock motor. It just needs some slight tweaking and it will be spot on. The GY 401 is really doing good even with FF backward flights and tailslides. I am still scared to do more advanced stuff and low flights. No crashes!

Last edited by damyxz; 09-15-2008 at 08:08 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

im liking what you said about the 401. i too have setup my es550 with the 401 and k&b 92mm blades. i didnt push backwards flight, but tail down funnels felt OK. thanks for the input

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in