Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just wanted to give an update. I haven't flown my Pantera yet although I'm almost done with the build. I'm hooking up servos and such. I'm hoping to be able to fly it in a week or so.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts. I must say there is a lot to like about the bird.
Not to mention that John is wonderful to deal with.

I finally decided to go with a set of Promodeler servos and the gyro that John sells.

Kandace
Hovergirl01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on its flight characteristics. I'm planning on getting a P6 as soon as my circumstances allow.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2016, 02:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi all! I finally got my Pantera flying. Well hovering anyway. I'm breaking in the engine. So far 2 tanks of rich running hovering.
Impressions so far.....
Very nice! The tail is wicked powerful! I had to dial in some expo to slow down the rotation vs stick movement.

I'm looking forward to another tank or two to get the engine leaned a little.

I'll post more when I've had a chance to fly it around.

Kandace
Hovergirl01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to hear how it flies. Any tips on the build you can pass along.
Rv6guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2016, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please do. I just got a new to me used P6 set up and am hoping to get it all fired up this weekend.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:43 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope you read this John.... All the best wishes if you do...I did a quick post on the Align Gpro forum praising the Pantera... Mine is still flying in 8 years and I was so tempted to buy a P6 as was in the States last week.. Came across two model shops in two small towns in the middle of nowhere and perhaps a missed opportunity on my part.. I know John is brilliant at sending Parts We in the UK get hit hard by Customs and postage.....so its not really cost effective...

It is so very very sad that all the suppliers of Helis in the UK did not support that great Heli... A really missed opportunity as the 50 is such a great well designed machine... Love it... I have put mine away for a season or two and will come back to it once my flying improves as its such an easy enjoyable machine to fly... Far better than Align in my opinion for my flying level.

Lucky you guys in the USA being able to get a P6 Wish our lot would wake up in the UK to a really great design the 50 I would love to fly a P6
al
alistair watt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 04:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Alistair,

Very nice to hear from you and very good to learn you are as pleased now as in years past. The evolving of the product from Pantera 50 to P6 has been fun and exciting on my end as well because the model has gone from solely a 50-class nitro to one, which has both 55 and 91-class engine choices as well as two different electric options for power. Quite frankly, I'm hard pressed to know what, if anything, I can next improve. This means it's a lot like a Cessna 172, which is the gold standard for training new pilots to fly but which hasn't changed significantly in decades.

The P6 is a delight to fly - as all pilots who own them will attest. And after all, what else is the primary mission of any model helicopter but to fly well? The secondary mission falls on my shoulders, which is to ensure it's easy to build and repair. I doubt there are many who would complain on either score because whilst the P6 won't build itself, it goes together pretty easily. Moreover, few would complain about our parts, service, or prices (other than, as you mention, international customers can get clobbered by their respective custom services over which, of course, I have no control).

Speaking of parts, I have been amazed at the rise of model helicopters with tail booms costing $70 to replace. Especially when a P6 tail boom goes for a mere $10. I mean I know there's a desire for new and different models, but seriously? As common a crash item as a tail boom costing almost double the typical repair bill for an entire P6 crash seems nuts to me. Then again, perhaps it's that business about mission, e.g. some pilots have such a strong desire to perform 3D maneuvers they find this acceptable. Me? I don't get it, but there you have it. However, I know this, a lot of pilots learn to fly with a P6. Later, after this hard won skill is earned, they go on to bigger and better things confident in their ability to fly. That said, I don't know I'd ever get comfortable with the idea of forking over 70 bucks for a tail boom, or more than $100 for a set of frame because just those two items plus blades gets uncomfortably close to what an entire P6 goes for!

Anyway, in closing, thanks again for your very kind words. Finally, please, when next you find yourself on this side of the Atlantic, especially if you're near the House of Mouse (Disney), at least make the call to say hello, if nothing else. But better still, drop in and say hello in person.

Cheers!
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 06:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks John
We were on the other side Seattle, Portland Yellowstone.. I guess I must have the biggest collection of Pantera parts in the Uk so the old Pantera 50, especially with my style of flying, will be going most likely well after I have gone to the the airfield in the sky or down below...You if I remember have a demon on the decal so I guess thats a pass in....
You have a great product , great designm . its done well for me over the years and I still very much love flying it... It usually gets noticed as many in the Uk have never seen it before.

Oh if only the UK had seen its training potential from beginner to 3D so easy to repair.
My best wishes thanks again
al
alistair watt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, 4200 miles between Aberdeen and Orlando versus 2500 miles from here to Portland. By definition you were closer than Scotland, but still a fair ways off by being on the left coast. I hope you had a nice trip.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in