Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default jlog file from my crash

I recently had a crash due to loss of control during flight my sticks seemed dead and the heli went knife edge so i hit TH and it went in, I sent my vbar log to Mr Mel and he seemed to think the tail maybe locked up but I have gone thru the whole heli the tail is mechanicly fine and I took apart the tail servo to see if any thing was messed up and everything test fine on the bench so I sent my vbar to Mikado to be checked out and I havent heard anything yet so heres my jlog file the problem occured at 423 in vbar log and i-bec looks like a surge at that moment or is that normal ? log00114.zip

Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Joe!

First of all: I'm very sorry about the crash.

Well...

Seems that at 4:28 something happened to the radio link. Throttle went down, - seems to have went to a failsafe value (slightly above zero), - and so PWM etc did also. Simultaneously Ibec increased by leaps and bounds. Don't know by what this was caused. OK, it could actually be that the tail tucked. But the current was not that high that it could cause a brownout situation by a dropping R/C voltage, - and Ubec was still fine. (A brownout is quite impossible, the logger w'd have rebooted in this case and created a new log file several seconds later.)

Summary summarum the only clear thing is the dropping throttle, what means a failsafe must be entered. The question remains, why the average Ibec current then made a leap.

Btw: Amazingly low servo power flows at all. Thus, the "jump" (It needed ~3 seconds to increase) was only in relation high, otherwise more peanuts. What seems to point at the fact that the tail servo DOES NOT mess up. If the tail tucked and caused the increasing current... who knows? But: The drive stopped in any case! So the tail couldn't be an issue at all.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magneto_Crash.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	294158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Magneto_Crash2.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	294159  
Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Tom I added a fromeco dc up a few weeks before its a capacitor pack like what you refer to as green caps do you think this device had somthing to do with it or a possible glitch between the Helijive and the vbar gov im using the correct motor a pyro with it. I think at 429 is when I hit Throttle hold I will attach my vbar log maybe it can shed some light and the low voltages in the log are just the dcup discharging after battery disconnection. log.pdf
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your Vbar log: But who is who?

If the corresponding is that around page 23... Tail sensor lost, EL and AL out of range, Gov stop... the complete range. The time stamps fit also.

... And before: "High Vibration Level". Did you ever check your bird for that vibration level messages?
The Vbar went into emergency operation, and because you run mode 8 the throttle pulse failed to zero also. The governor stopped. Sure that is was you with the falling throttle at 4:28?!
"Emergency": Not the regular one, but notice this: "The Cyclic Ring is active"

I think it was an overkill to the VBar by an excessive vibration level, the governor ceased and drive stopped.
Check your sensor mounting of the Vbar, cables, whatever...
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

High vibe messages are normal for 3d flight but I will check the heli out for any abnormal vibes, Thanks for your input you have been very helpful.

Last edited by Magneto; 02-28-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Magneto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes Tom it is page 23 im sorry I didnt say that but you found it as the time stamps for both devices match im sending the vbar to Germany to be checked out for piece of mind and if nothing is wrong I can look else where, Jlog is a real handy device in theses situations as the vbar log dosent record everything.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I got my vbar back from Mikado and it checked out fine so I went back into the tail servo before flying it again and I found 2 pieces of plastic gear fragments that I missed the first time and test flew it and all is well .
Magneto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in