Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > 330X

330X Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 330X QuadCopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mechanical and Electrical Failures

I've developed a love/hate relationship with my Gaui Quad. I love flying it but I hate all the failures I'm having with this thing.

I finally replaced the props when they got bent from the previous failure. It was flying like it was brand new then, pop... one of the new props broke in mid air. See the end of this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwKkB_xtKvo[/ame]

Here's my previous crash due to electrical connection failure:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxN_ywrjq5c[/ame]

Plans were to put a camera on this thing instead of just the keychain cam but I'm getting worried about reliability now :-(

Blade MCX S300 / Blade mSR / Blade 120SR / Blade 400
GAUI Quad 330x
helidaho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been following Gaui 330x threads on 3 forums including this one. I'm sorry to read you and others are experiencing so many problems as I think this machine can be an excellent camera platform. I was ready to order but I think I'll hold off for now.

I got into this hobby with the ultimate goal of aerial picture taking but I really need more assurances of reliability before I (1) put out the cash for the 330x and parts and (2) put a relatively expensive camera on the 330x only to have equipment failure. I can live with operator error but constant equipment problems would be a big and expensive issue.

I wish you and others the best in your endeavors with this quad. I really appreciate reading the informative threads.
potluck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I finally got the replacement parts in and got my quad back together and flying again. I was a little nervous about flying it so I stayed pretty close to the ground. But all went well and it flew just like new!

GAUI Quad 330x
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by potluck View Post
I've been following Gaui 330x threads on 3 forums including this one. I'm sorry to read you and others are experiencing so many problems as I think this machine can be an excellent camera platform. I was ready to order but I think I'll hold off for now.

I got into this hobby with the ultimate goal of aerial picture taking but I really need more assurances of reliability before I (1) put out the cash for the 330x and parts and (2) put a relatively expensive camera on the 330x only to have equipment failure. I can live with operator error but constant equipment problems would be a big and expensive issue.

I wish you and others the best in your endeavors with this quad. I really appreciate reading the informative threads.
I have been flying mine about a week now with no unexpected failures. Very stable and dependable so far.
I have developed so much confidence in my 330x I have mounted an FPV camera system and flew it last night FPV. Wow, what an experience! My 330x did just fine.
I think like anything and everything, once you start mass producing there will be a certain % that does have failure/mishap. So keep the other opinions in miind with a grain of salt.
yakflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I should probably follow up this thread with a post mentioning that I haven't had any catastrophic mechanical or electrical failures since my initial prop failures and motor connection failure.

Pretty dependable and TOUGH little flying machine.

GAUI Quad 330x
Old 09-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor Mount Broken!!

Not sure if this has happened to many..but somehow suddently the quad dropped from the sky.. When I picked-up & checked it, found the motor mount had cracked & was about to break apart.. Attached some pics.. Please note the mount has cracked & just about to break..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-25-22_40_42.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	181891   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-25-22_40_25.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	181892   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-25-22_40_55.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	181893  
mpnchar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in