Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sr 120 banks left, won't hover

I need help with my 120, I put a micro heli main blade hub on it and after that it always banks left. I did the obvious and put A newer factory main blade rotor hub back on, still banks to the left. It has an xtreme main blade holder, xtreme anti rotation collar and metal swash plate on, so I put the factory blade holder with new blades back on, still left bank. I stripped down the helicopter to the frame and replace the main shaft, put on a spare 5 in 1, put on a new blade anti rotation collar, hub, blade grips, new tail boom ( it needed it), and all new links except the ones from servo to swash, and put the factory swash back on.... Still banking left. Checked my dx6i settings!!!! Any suggestions? Anyone able to tell me how to reset servos and how to set swash😀?

Thanks
Jasper68 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use subtrim of Aileron.

If it circles left use subtrim for rudder.
If it pulls left use subtrim for aileron.

If this doesn't help, you have to level the swashplate.
See if at 0 degrees pitch (transmitter pitch: 50) your swashplate is exactly horizontal.
If it is not horizontal, look for your linkages or other pieces that are not even and replace them.

Sven
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also sometimes a swashplate servo is damaged and does not go back to zero position. All swashplate servos should be at the same position when you have neutral position.

Sven
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default try this

Check your swashplate servo's... When you plug battery in and it clicks to tell you ready to fly, look at those two servo's in the back.. Make sure they are level... Sometimes the servo won't pull down, or up like it suppose to.. I have had this happen often... Look at servo gears make sure they are clean and free., move your right control up,down,left, right..... If that still does not bting it level, then your 5 -1 board probably needs replaced..
Tommyvess is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you have the metal push rods off ?
If so you may have mixed them up when putting them back on.

Center the transmitter cyclic trim.
Check that the swash is level via the zip tie method.
How To Level Swash With A ZipTie (4 min 31 sec)

You don't need to worry about anything on 120SR no sub trim. Adjust the push rod length.
When you have the swash level shorten the aileron push rod 1 full turn and put it back on the swash. This will get you in the ball park.

You then need to trim for hover. Trim on your transmitter so that the helicopter stops pulling left while in flight. Then adjust the aileron link 1 full turn for each 3 clicks of transmitter trim. Center trim on transmitter.

Should sort it for you.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in