Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default US still waiting on kits

ya that's us or USA any way you put it we are still waiting on kits. do you think we will see any helis arrive in the near future? I may or may not get one on this first shipment so i'm not too concerned but i would sure like to see some building of Goblins here in the states. last i saw SAB was shipping on the 20th, did they go out? i know a lot of you guys have been waiting a long time, if i had ordered mine last year, like some did, i would be getting a little upset. i think most people can handle waiting they would just like to know when to expect it. Waiting sucks!
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in Florida, and I ordered mine at the end of October. Of course I am dying to get started on the build, but I am waiting patiently. From what I have seen of this heli in person, it is top notch. And I understand the process SAB must be going through to release their first helicopter. Not a cookie cutter clone, but a very original design, complete with its own set of manufacturing challenges. So although there have been a few delays, and some miscommunications, Im doing just fine. I am enjoying the Goblin vicariously through Alexan's, France78's and other build threads! And when it does arrive on my doorstep, I'll be thrilled to finally get started. And I'm confident that the Goblin has been thoroughly tested (Bert, Luca, and Tareq), the manual clarified, and the design perfected.

Plus, I can't fly anyway until it stops snowing here and this brutal winter is over. 72 degrees, *shivers*. LOL warm weather d$#k!

My $0.02,
Cris
Ci+izen #012
SynergyAero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Chris, hope to see your build thread soon!! I'm in northern California, going to fly some packs this afternoon, 65 deg, clear sky good flying weather.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm anxiously waiting for my 1st batch Goblin as well. Sounds like we'll have a quite a few Goblin's enjoying the California winter sun.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's 20 degrees here with 25mph winds I'll be out flying my goblin once built. Lousy california weather... sure wish I had some.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing in Canada yet.
travco7373 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
Chris, hope to see your build thread soon!! I'm in northern California, going to fly some packs this afternoon, 65 deg, clear sky good flying weather.
Haven't done a heli build thread before. Would be nice to try my hand at it, if I have time. But here is my last build thread... It's not quite an RC Heli, but it did hit Mach 0.82 (624mph) and flew to over 10,000' high!

SynergyAerospace Competitor 6 design & build
Ci+izen #012
SynergyAero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

not sure how accurate it is but this is posted on the rotorquest home page for people in Canada

http://www.rotorquest.com/newsdesk_i...ewsdesk_id=135

TAKING PRE-ORDER FOR GOBLIN THIRD BATCH ! Date: Tuesday 14 February, 2012

To our Goblin pre-order customers,

SAB is shipping out the first and second batch pre-order requests to us in 10 days and we are supposed to have them on hand at the last week of February. For those of you who pre-ordered before Jan 15th, we will have the kits ready to ship then. Any request after Jan 15th will be fulfilled by the third batch which is supposed to due at the end of March. Pre-orders for the third batch are being taken from now until March 15th as well as canopy customization request (customizing name/nick name on the canopy).

Thanks for your interest in the Goblin and pre-ordering at Rotorquest.

Best regards,

RotorQuest Staff
khogan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got this from Brandon today.

We are pleased to announce that the Goblins will be arriving next week!

This email is for the current customers that have a pre-order through
us. As of right now our shipping date is set for next Friday, if you
would like to pay the difference in funds right now, or when the kit
arrives on Friday, please give me a reply.

Customers who have already paid the full amount, please let us know if
you need anything else shipped with your order. For those who would like
to wait until the kits arrive, we will contact you the same day for
payments.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, and thanks again
for ordering through RotorQuest!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the same email from Brandon (rotorquest) this aft!!
gerryritter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well Helidirect posted this on their facebook page. It looks like many of the first batch orders will not be filled by the first shipment. Which means it will be a while before everyone on the first batch gets theirs. I am not happy....

HeliDirect, LLC
Latest updates for SAB Goblin shipment: The shipment seems get little delayed again, sorry , but this time is getting much closer; with all the helis are packed and ready to go soon. The final update from SAB is the shipment to US will be shipped on Feb 20th and will arrive to our US warehouse around Feb 27-29th. However, there will be NOT enough to fulfill the first pre-order for this first shipment. We will ship out the heli first come first serve from our list. Thank you again for your patience. I am sure it's worth the wait for this unique heli.

I ordered mine in october and it may be april before I get it!!
Dogdocphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdocphil View Post
Well Helidirect posted this on their facebook page. It looks like many of the first batch orders will not be filled by the first shipment. Which means it will be a while before everyone on the first batch gets theirs. I am not happy....

HeliDirect, LLC
Latest updates for SAB Goblin shipment: The shipment seems get little delayed again, sorry , but this time is getting much closer; with all the helis are packed and ready to go soon. The final update from SAB is the shipment to US will be shipped on Feb 20th and will arrive to our US warehouse around Feb 27-29th. However, there will be NOT enough to fulfill the first pre-order for this first shipment. We will ship out the heli first come first serve from our list. Thank you again for your patience. I am sure it's worth the wait for this unique heli.

I ordered mine in october and it may be april before I get it!!
And thats an old post! Great job HeliDirect! way to look out for your customers, NOT!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ones for Australia have been shipped and are on the way! We should have them next week. They were tracked through Paris airport on Monday so with customs etc the importer may get them by the end of this week or first thing next week, then post them on to all of us.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing that concerns me is that the australian distributer does not know the QTY, yet he is sure that all preorders will be there...... I am not so certain this is the case, happy to be taken by suprise though.

I really hope it sorts itself out, I suspect a lot of this was known much earlier but not told publicly.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Latest update:

Quote:
HeliDirect, LLC

SAB Goblin Update: Great news, folks. We have received the confirmation that the shipment of Goblin is on the way to our warehouse. There are 2 shipments for first batch order. The first one should arrive on time on Feb 29th, and the second one will arrive few days later on March 2-3rd. We will fill the order first come first serve. Please contact our customer support for further info.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's the same too... there were only those 100 kits which a few were shipped to distributors and they sent a few to shops as demo machine and some customers. It seams the rest was shipped to LHS in Italy, you can get them there as in-stock right now. Pretty funny in my opinion but no difference here in Europe
-Klaus
Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

NVM- a friend sent it to me, thought he pulled it off the internet?!?!?!?! Flyhelirus? wheres that at Long? Demo helis? cool!!! maybe i wont go to vegas after all..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330109266.394467.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	292917  

Last edited by trainwreck; 02-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Because ppl on the internet are like little school girls
trainwreck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep know a couple people that picked up their kits already and will be building them today.
Mindance is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindance View Post
Yep know a couple people that picked up their kits already and will be building them today.

Where did they pick the kits up at? where is that store with all the kits sitting on the counter?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
Where did they pick the kits up at? where is that store with all the kits sitting on the counter?
flyhelirus.com

I'm picking mine up in 5 hrs...

Some of them will maiden tomorrow!

All of those goblins will show up at the Vegas funfly in 2 weeks.

Long Nguyen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in