Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2015, 05:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question E640 for very low price at Heliworld?

I just ordered a Radikal E640 at Heliworld for $250 but it says it's backordered. Does that mean I'll be getting a refund instead?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Placing an order with Century on a backordered item could have you waiting for months.

Give them a call, let us know how that goes.
gassed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So a few days ago I sent an email to Heliworld to cancel my order because I hadn't heard anything from them and assumed my money would be held for weeks or months until they got the E640 flybarless kit in stock. I didn't call them or anything prior to sending the email.

Then yesterday I got a surprise email from Heliworld and it says the kit shipped!

What's weird is the email didn't include a tracking number....but UPS notified me that a package from Heliworld is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

I just hope they didn't send me the flybarred kit instead of the flybarless...
Old 04-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

just in case, when you get your kit in make sure that all the parts are accounted for. Go thru the manual and double check that everything is there. They have admitted to opening other kits to fill orders for individual parts from what I have been told by people that have place orders with them lately.

good to hear at least one happy story about Century... so far.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the headsup...will do...
Old 04-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I'm very happy to report that my E640 kit was brand new and still had the factory seals on them. All of the parts are accounted for.

The quality seems very good. At that price these kits should be flying off the shelves in my opinion. You could actually buy two of these kits for the price of a single kit from other manufacturers.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

those that have them say that they fly very well...

they just never caught on. Century introduced them just before most all the US dealers started cutting century off of thier shelves. Rons never even offered them, Esprit almost carried them, but cancelled... Never really saw them at any of the other Century dealers.

enjoy the heli, after all, it was cheap enough to fly it like you stole it.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I placed another order for the optional 94T slant gear and 10T slant 6mm pinion. Didn't know the kit came with a 5mm pinion.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
I placed another order for the optional 94T slant gear and 10T slant 6mm pinion. Didn't know the kit came with a 5mm pinion.
Yes that was one of Century's things before, they had there own motors and all where 5mm shafts so there kits came with 5mm pinion. Being the rest of the world has switch all to 6mm for this size motor range and Century no longer sells the motor line it is time they switched to supplying the kits with 6mm pinions ( 2 years ago would have been good) . It is a great heli and they fly great , things like no advertising or promotion is what has held this heli back in my opinion. A few slight changes to a V2 version and some promotion at events ect could make it a great seller . They stand up great to lots of flying .
Old 04-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

They do really stand up to a lot of flying. Replaced bearings last year at the 500 flight mark, but other wise still going strong at 600+ flights.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the insight guys!

I've decided to keep this model low cost overall so I chose a 560kv O.S. brushless motor. Got it for $135 shipped no tax.

For the ESC I have a ZTW Mantis 90A HV Opto.

For blades I wanted to try the MS Composit Rapid 660mm blades but I don't know if it will fit.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The MS Composite blades will not fit unless you stretch it and with a 560 KV motor the combo would be a bit off.Are you going 10s or 12s ? The 660 blades are wide chord and load very close to as a set of 690s . I have ran both on my Radikal 640 stretch and they both worked great but I was running a 450kv motor at lower head speeds as the head is still a 600 class with the smaller spindle ect. RotorTech and several others have nice 640mm and 620mm blades that work great on it. I really thought it flew great with 610s also .
Old 04-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info! That makes my decision a lot easier. I'll stick to Rail 626 blades as I don't want to spend more money to stretch it. I'm going to be running it on 6S/7S for LHS flying but it will be setup for 12S...ie motor/gearing....that way all I need to do for "aggressive 3D" is switch the battery pack to 12S and keep everything the same.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are planning to power it initially with only ONE 6S pack, then you should use 600mm blades as 623's would present a very heavy loading to a 22.2V power supply. The resulting head speeds, using a 570KV motor, would be critically low also. You would get about 1240, at best, with the stock gearing and and 1210 with the slant gearing. A 7S pack would up that to only 1450 and 1410 respectively.

The E640 is a very versatile heli, that in its' stock form, can be used with 600mm to 640mm blades and powered by 6S to 12S systems, but that all depends on the KV of the motors used, combined with the size of blades that you match to your motor/battery system.

Here are just a few examples ;

600mm blades & 6S packs would be better used with 1100KV motors for head speeds from around 1850 to 2300

610mm blades & 8S packs used with an 800KV motor for 1820 to 2270.

620mm blades &10S packs used with 570KV motors for 1600 to 2020

620mm blades & 640mm packs & 12S packs with 570KV motors for 1940 to 2420.

Last edited by MotorRotor; 04-28-2015 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Spelling correction
MotorRotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 05:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only plan to use one 6S pack if my 7S pack doesn't fit. The single pack is for LHS flying so the low rpm is actually what I want. For aggressive 3D on 12S I'll be using a governor so the extra headroom is perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in