Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Heads and Rotor Blades

Heads and Rotor Blades Heads and Rotor Blades Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Smartmodels scale blades

Is any one flying the smart models scale blades?
I am thinking of trying some on a scale 700 Jet Ranger but would like to know a little about them.
I cant get any response from their email so I am a little concerned to just order them and see if they show up!
any info will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ernest.
curly39440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was a little sketched when I bought some JR receivers from them a while back. They all arrived a week later and have been working fine. I'm not sure if this helps you, but I had a good experience. I also realize this post does zero for your question about the blades.

Ryan
Flsurfer7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well curly39440 I am asking Kim (SmartModel) about scale Jet Ranger main rotor head, but nothing concrete when he answered my mails. I would suggest if you wanna get scale blades to look http://derblattschmied.com/epages/5b...ts/1Wahl/700mm

Cheers, Peter!

SAB RAW 420 with CGY 760R, Futaba Transmitter T16IZSuper !
Xsiluro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a set of their blades. I had heard tales of them vibrating a lot in flight but the set I have didn't do that. I only hovered them and I found that they took less pitch then my rotortech blades (which I love). Maybe it was me but the heli seemed a lot more sensitive with the scale blades on.
I don't have a lot of experience in analyzing blades so I can only recount my experience.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kin is easiest to get a hold of through PM's at RCGroups. His English is pretty tough to decipher at times, but can be puzled together. Short questions get short manageable answers
Aqwik69dart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

At one time they were making 2 different types of 700mm blades , an injection molded carbon plastic which was junk ( warped and twisted in flight making FFF almost impossible) and a layed up CF blade which was pretty good if you got a matched set.

Kin is pretty hard to get a hold of these days and is into gliders and UAV's more than helis but keep trying the email and RCG's PM's and soon er or later you should get a hold of him.
Cap231ex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone on the reply's
curly39440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsiluro View Post
Well curly39440 I am asking Kim (SmartModel) about scale Jet Ranger main rotor head, but nothing concrete when he answered my mails. I would suggest if you wanna get scale blades to look http://derblattschmied.com/epages/5b...ts/1Wahl/700mm

Cheers, Peter!
I ordered some LH Rotating Blades from HeliTech, it just arrived yesterday. I'm gonna put them on and fly them this weekend.
aja1216 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in