Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 Avant Aurora 90 FBL nitro info

Hi all, I need some help, I have the opportunity to buy a brand new unopened 2010 Avant Aurora 90 FBL for $410.00 is this a good deal, also wanting to know about parts availability. Does Avant still support this heli,how hard are parts to get. Also what upgrades do I need to do to it, meaning parts that Avent has changed over the years? Thanks for any help!
Brianl1620 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a pretty good deal for a brand new kit. Avant supports every heli in their production line back to the FX, so parts availability is not an issue. You will be able to order parts from carbonxtreme.com. Here is a link to all the upgraded parts between 2010 and 2013 for the aurora:

http://www.avantrc.com/support/showthread.php?t=1152
kumar2494 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is there anything that I should replace right away?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check for the hardened main mast an 4mm pin, also you will need the hub and one lore thing i cant remember top of my head if it os fb. IF fbl than it should have come with the above mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enrico is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianl1620 View Post
Hi all, I need some help, I have the opportunity to buy a brand new unopened 2010 Avant Aurora 90 FBL for $410.00 is this a good deal, also wanting to know about parts availability. Does Avant still support this heli,how hard are parts to get. Also what upgrades do I need to do to it, meaning parts that Avent has changed over the years? Thanks for any help!
even at that price i would go for the mostro nitro.
that saving is only a crash worth difference and you'll still have to spend quite a bit on the upgrades to get it to today's updated kits.
the difference between the mostro nitro and any nitro in the market is abysmal.
not even close like nothing at all in the market is close to a mostro nitro.
going for that kit to save a bit is a bad idea and a lost oportunity to get an amazing nitro bird.
the aurora nitro was designed in like 2005 so it's already a 10 year old design.
it had to be reinforced for the 120 and it's just not at the same league as the mostro nitro.
go for the mostro nitro and don't look back it's just so much better.

#RCHelisAreCoolAF
FBLessOne is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Too late!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is nothing wrong or seriosly outdated on the Aurora otherwise they would have discontinued it. Mine flys great and yes a mostro would be nice but not everyone is independently wealthy.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Auroras turn heads at the flying field. Specially when you are saturated of other brands that look alike. The Aurora has that skinny sexy look with lots of bling bling out of the box that appeals to onlookers as well as other pilots. Outdated, I don't think so. Crash cost? blades are going to cost you the same for any 90 size machine. Parts for the Aurora are reasonable and always in stock. Last time I crashed was not because of machine problems but faulty equipment mixed with newbie experience. (tail servo failed and I didn;t recognize that it was failing, yet flew one more time) It cost me a pair of head linkage rods, bent shaft and a few hours of figuring out how to take it out without resorting to the hammer (and like everybody else, a new set of main blades)
enrico is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

don't misunderstand me.
i would take an aurora nitro over any current nitro except for the mostro nitro.
it's just that the mostro nitro is so good that makes all other nitros in the market seem silly in comparison.

#RCHelisAreCoolAF
FBLessOne is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Depending on my experience with the Aurora, and I hope it's a great one, the Mostro is next.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in