Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V120D02S

Hey Bob, I just purchased the V120D02S w/ Devo 8. looking forward to its arrival, I have the Novus 125 CP with wow upgrades, its basically the same heli only the D02S is tougher. I really like the shaft driven tail and prefer it over the motor driven. your videos and advice are priceless so keep it coming, looking forward to the rest of this thread,

Thanks a bunch, John
Johnny d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any news?
Tron993 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #103 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Not yet.... for sure this weekend
I had to repair it this weekend as I missed replacing one of the TT gears I did not noticed was stripped. Of course I had no parts so had to go to the shop this week.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's probably a good thing. With the added time of ownership and flying (and crashing) further videos and observations will be more comprehensive. I myself am very keen on seeing how this holds up with those teeny tiny tail gears and such, especially compared to a Genius or Mcpx as those are very durable and fly pretty well. With a TT tail, the performance should be improved and with it's bigger size, visibility should be better outdoors. But at what hit to durability? I'm sure it will be something to be weighed by each individual as always but nice to know what needs to be factored in to make the best individual choice.

Team Compass Pilot
Scott Bowersox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail gears are the weakest link for sure. I stripped the A gear landing in grass today.
Tron993 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi bob will you be doing a video for the devo 7 v120d02s set up for beginners thanks keep up the good work , really like your videos they so helpful thanks again
skejah1063 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skejah1063 View Post
hi bob will you be doing a video for the devo 7 v120d02s set up for beginners thanks keep up the good work , really like your videos they so helpful thanks again

+1. Would be great!!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you guys are having any trouble with the devo 7, while we're all waiting for Finless's videos, I know that the DVD rom that came with it, was very helpful for me. the instructions for the tx leave a lot to be answered, but the disc was way more in depth.
Richard F. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up V120DO2S

First flight with my new V120DO2S, very stable out of the box and very responsive. The Devo 8 is nice and seems easy enough to program with the manual I down loaded from Walkera's website. I am surprised at how stable this heli is for a collective pitch bird of this size, I'm no 3D expert but I am slowly learning and I can't imagine anyone being anything other than absolutely thrilled with this heli. The extra toughness is something I was hoping someone would eventually put to market and it exceeds my expectations. Walkera hit a home run with this one and I am equally excited about the new Mini CP as well. Ordered mine from Wow Hobbies and it was nice to know it was flight tested, binding, servos and Tx checked in flight hover and gyro checked. you will have lots of fun with this one.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

any news?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #111 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes I flew it last Sunday and I have a video talking about settings etc. But I know you guys arent going to be happy with this but no flying
I crashed the damn thing again and of course took out my last test of gears and stripped 2 servos.. I will post me review video anyway. When I get the parts again I will get a flying video.

I will only say this. You cannot fly this as leasurely as a Genius CP. While it is a tough little heli it is not as durable for crashes as the Genius. 1 out of 3 crashes and I break something.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Yes I flew it last Sunday and I have a video talking about settings etc. But I know you guys arent going to be happy with this but no flying
I crashed the damn thing again and of course took out my last test of gears and stripped 2 servos.. I will post me review video anyway. When I get the parts again I will get a flying video.

I will only say this. You cannot fly this as leasurely as a Genius CP. While it is a tough little heli it is not as durable for crashes as the Genius. 1 out of 3 crashes and I break something.

Bob
+1 My friend got it, spent $50 in parts the first week and now has an mCP X instead. This is only good if you rarely crash IMO. You just can't toss this around and expect it to survive the crash unfortunately.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Crashing !!

MCPX, V120DO2S, Genius CP, Mini CP, 4#6S, I really dont think any of these is better than the other, I like to think that they are different from each other and its important to understand what these differences are and how they effect performance. I just like flying them and I will take any one of them and have some fun. The V120DO2S is a very durable heli for its type and size when compared to others of the same kind.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #114 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Bob,, it sound like you need the servo arm trick ( you cut the back side of the arm with a blade and install the arm with less tightness on the screw , so it will slip and not break the gears..) and one of these ..
[ame]http://vimeo.com/35719174[/ame]
Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #115 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny d View Post
MCPX, V120DO2S, Genius CP, Mini CP, 4#6S, I really dont think any of these is better than the other, I like to think that they are different from each other and its important to understand what these differences are and how they effect performance. I just like flying them and I will take any one of them and have some fun. The V120DO2S is a very durable heli for its type and size when compared to others of the same kind.
I agree,, IMO you shouldn't compare a brush less motor setup to a brush motor setup!! The brush less motor has way more power and head speed..
So , it's going to hit much harder with more rpm's
Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if a company would pick up on this slipper clutch mod. I mean it would almost make stripped torque tube gears a thing of the past, almost. I mean it's not like their making a ton of money on the replacement gears anyway. Right? But that's what it will all come down to though is if their willing to forgo what they make in part replacement. I know, I know, Just don't hit the tail right?
Richard F. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Bob
When do you think you will post the video?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, whenever he does post a video, I hope he also posts the "Bloopers" video of all the crashing.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Bob
Pretty much sums up the other line that I have... V120D02 and D05. One crash on those, simply bends the main shaft. However... I did get pretty good in bending them back good enough to where there is minimum vibrations.

It does suck when you find that the servo gets stripped though, and you don't have anyone on hand.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dct View Post
Bob,, it sound like you need the servo arm trick ( you cut the back side of the arm with a blade and install the arm with less tightness on the screw , so it will slip and not break the gears..) and one of these ..
http://vimeo.com/35719174
I think Bob wants to show how well it flies with no mods (out of the box). And I think he's also experiencing when I and other people have gone through with the 120 line when it comes to crashes.

Any heli out there tends to need some kind of tweaking to make it fly better as well as handle crashes better.

So... if Bob were to do the mod's on the heli, that wouldn't really show people how well it fairs out of the box. Perhaps he may get more into making it a better heli, and get Walkera to really realize what they can do to make it a more fun and friendly flyer.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in