Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default oomodel.com?

Anyone heard of or ordered from oomodel.com?
http://www.oomodel.com/
Magooch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magooch View Post
Anyone heard of or ordered from oomodel.com?
http://www.oomodel.com/
I heard of them but never ordered anything. They are one of the first to offer the Devo8 tx for $300 with 801rx
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I saw that, is 249 right now. Thay also have a good price on the 2702.
Magooch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magooch View Post
I saw that, is 249 right now. Thay also have a good price on the 2702.
Ehirobo has it for $219 thats with 801rx so you know it will be cheaper. But the price of Devo12 has dropped to about $569 with 1201rx. Just checked there price at oomodel for Devo12 its down to $484
Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered some parts from them. I placed two orders and paid for both. They later sent me a message that half the parts were back ordered, would I like to cancel my order. They sent one or two items and gave me a chance to back out again. After a month or so, I finally asked them to give me a credit on parts not sent. They were real nice about it and gave my money back for items not sent which I thought was very good and told them as much. I have compaired their prices but so far mostly order from WOWhobby, x-heli, and helipal. I like WOW because they are located in USA. If you don't mind paying a little extra, shipments from China can arrive at your front door in three days.
ChopperJack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I have been in contact with them for a few days. Very nice people and respond to my questions quickly. I'm sure I will be ordering from them in the near future. I'm just a little put off about the length of the trip. Almost everything I have ordered from The east coast arrives looking like someone took a baseball bat to it... China is much farther away and then there's customs
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered a 2702 rx from oomodel.com a few days ago with ems express shipping. It still shows as processing.

Magooch. What servos are you using on your 250 fbl? I'm leaning toward hitec 5065's on a 450 kit for the cyclics & hitec 5084 for the tail.
This will be my first build.
dgibbons is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm trying to save money and use the extra set of walkera wk 09-9 I have for my v450. I'm sure they will do ok, I'm not sure what is required for a 250. I did find a thread that talked up mks 950 servos...$. Hitec seems to be very popular as well.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Magooch.
How's the 250 fbl flying?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope to get her all together by this weekend, have most the parts now. I have an order being processed as I type this, is a orange g10 frame and fin and tail blades with a dark blue canopy... So I can see it canopy has orange in back, hope it will look kinda blended with blue then orange and orange frame going to orange tail (need an orange boom). Will look good I hope. I wanted to start a post with the build, but I am unable to upload pics with iPad at the moment. I know how the freaks like the pics I have been documenting and snapping pics so far, my pc is almost finished and I will upload then with a post on the build.
I am a little worried about the 2702, I had a strange crash a couple weeks ago with my v450. In level flight it just rolled to the right and did a nose dive into the ground with no input. I am a noob and was pushing my abilities with stall turns, was on my 3rd or 4th pass and they were not all that fast. I had leveled it out for about 20-30 ft when it happened. I have read about static and had a ground wire previously but removed it as I was using silicon spray on belt and read it was enough. The ground wire is back on and there have been no incidents, although I'm not doing stall turns either atm till my sim is up and running on my pc. Was pointed out in another forum that it may have been my fault being a noob and that may be entirely true, but I do feel as if something happened beyond me. There is plenty of documented cases of walkera voodoo as well...
Old 08-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hear ya on the walkera voodoo.
I have been flying a v400 for a couple of months now. After upgrading the servos & switching to a brushless motor it has been solid.
You're right. I would like to see some pics.
oomodel did e mail me back to confirm my order. I'm hoping to have the 2702 in a week or so. All I have left to get is the motor.
I'm going with a Tarot 450 Pro clone with TT.
Let me know how the rest of the build goes
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tarot & 2801Pro TX

I too want to step up to a Tarot Pro TT with 2801Pro TX from my V200 D01's. Interested in what servo's, gyro,motor & esc you are going with and are you going to use a 2801RX. I'll follow this thread to see how you progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
Hear ya on the walkera voodoo.
I have been flying a v400 for a couple of months now. After upgrading the servos & switching to a brushless motor it has been solid.
You're right. I would like to see some pics.
oomodel did e mail me back to confirm my order. I'm hoping to have the 2702 in a week or so. All I have left to get is the motor.
I'm going with a Tarot 450 Pro clone with TT.
Let me know how the rest of the build goes
dg: I too want to step up to a Tarot TT Pro from my 2 - V200D01's and use my 2801 Pro TX. What electronics and RX are you going to use. I'll follow this thread to see how you progress.
dkb194 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb194 View Post
I too want to step up to a Tarot Pro TT with 2801Pro TX from my V200 D01's. Interested in what servo's, gyro,motor & esc you are going with and are you going to use a 2801RX. I'll follow this thread to see how you progress.

dg: I too want to step up to a Tarot TT Pro from my 2 - V200D01's and use my 2801 Pro TX. What electronics and RX are you going to use. I'll follow this thread to see how you progress.
I'm going to use the 2702 rx. Either going hitec 5065's or Savox on the cyclics & hitec 5084 on the tail. There's another thread on rc groups that kdean started & I think he's using the 2610 or 2614 rx. I'll try to post the link later this evening. I'm still waiting on the kit to get here. Should be in the next couple days.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi bought quite a few parts from oomodel good service very helpfull company delivery to the uk is outstanding
magicfalcon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received my 2702 rx from oomodel. Looks like factory packing. No instructions. The processing was slower than expected, but they were great about replying to my e mails. I would definitely order from them again.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
Received my 2702 rx from oomodel. Looks like factory packing. No instructions. The processing was slower than expected, but they were great about replying to my e mails. I would definitely order from them again.
So how long did it take.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
So how long did it take.
I ordered on a Tue & it didn't ship till the following Tue. They said there was some sporting event. I submitted an inquiry on Fri after I saw it was still processing & the replied on Sunday (my time) & Monday their time.
I paid for the EMS express shipping & received it on Friday or Saturday the following week.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb194 View Post

I took my tarot 450 fbl for it's maiden today. I went with the 2702 rx- savox SH-0257MG for the cyclic & hitec HSG-5084MG for the tail. I did order an adapter for the tail servo (the servos too small) & had to mod the adaper to make it fit. The adapter is for a 9g servo & the hitec is a little longer. Also ordered the new tarot fbl head.
I'm happy with how it turned out. One of the screws in the main gear case was longer than the other & caused a wobble. Once I figured that out & swapped out the screws it was fine.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice to see that the 2702 works with a wide variety of servos. Where did you get the David servos, they are supposed to be very good, I believe those are the same as the 410mg's, no? I've heard they are the same and I have heard they are a little upgraded, anyone know the actual answer?
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

glad dgibs your new tarrot is good! happy flying! good luck with that!
hilo69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in