Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I think Einstien had it right

Einstien was once reported as saying that he thought two things were infinite in size, the universe and human stupidity. It was further stated that Einstien was not sure about the universe. I just got back in from flying down at the soccer field. I like this place because in the early morning the weather is cool and the only ones there are the odd person walking thier dog on leash around the edge of the field.

This morning I had my bird about thirty feet in the air and was bringing it back home with about three minutes left on the lipo. In my peripheral vision, I saw this white streak racing across the field. It was a New Age designer dog. I say New Age because when I was growing up the average neighbourhood mutt weighed at least twenty pounds and you often got it for free. A New Age dog weighs less than three pounds and can cost more than a TRex 700!

Fluffy, the New Age Wonder Dog was one of three off-leash dogs with its owner, the moron. Fluffy thought it was a great idea to run directly beneath my 450 and start barking at it. Fluffy had no idea that the entire planet did not consider it to be the most beautiful, cute and adorable designer dog in the world. Fluffy's owner thought these antics were just lovely. Neither Fluffy or its owner understood the nature of the TRex 450. They did not know of the TRex's natural desire to kill its owner. They certainly did not know that the TRex viewed Fluffy with the identical point of view of a very hungry coyote. At best, Fluffy was breakfast. Fluffy was smaller than the TRex. As I was counting the seconds, Fluffy's owner called out to it. Eventually Fluffy responded and ran back across the field. I immediately landed the bird. I was afraid I would have to "lawn dart" it to protect Fluffy. It was a soft grass landing which I hate but fortunately the grass was short and there was no damage to the TT gear.

Leash laws are there for a reason. We have them in our community. I don't blame Fluffy. There isn't a lot of room inside its tiny skull for an actual brain. I certainly have a problem with Fluffy's owner.
Stumblebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

While I thoroughly agree with all your sentiments about Einstein and Fluffy, I have to say that there's another person to blame here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
... human stupidity ... I just got back in from flying down at the soccer field.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Of course if anything had happened to Fluffy or anyone/anything else it would have been my fault since I was in control of the bird, that is a given. That is why I was prepared to lawn dart the bird if I had to. The bird is always the first expendable. Fortunately, I didn't have to. As soon as Fluffy ran off, the bird came down. I also agree that I was not flying in an officially sanctioned field. That is precisely why I chose to go very early in the morning. Most of the time I have the field to myself. Not that it makes a lot of difference, I was there for three lipos of flight before Fluffy showed up. Live and learn.
Stumblebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's unrealistic to expect someone who is not involved in the hobby to understand the dangers inherent in these machines of ours.

I fly in a public park as well, but if there are people around my heli stays in the car. If the park is empty I'll fly, but only if someone is there to spot for me.
the collective is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Deleted by poster and moved

Last edited by Navigator53; 07-09-2010 at 12:24 AM..
Navigator53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by the collective View Post
I think it's unrealistic to expect someone who is not involved in the hobby to understand the dangers inherent in these machines of ours.

I fly in a public park as well, but if there are people around my heli stays in the car. If the park is empty I'll fly, but only if someone is there to spot for me.
When flying in public you are considered the adult and everybody is a child hence the onus is on you to keep everybody safe regardless of how stupid you think others are acting. After all, they are all little kids and don't know any better.
vanguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in