Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters > N7

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would also like to add that I have seen a lot of carbon fiber parts and the quality of the materials used in the Synergy parts is top notch. They are very strong. I've had some crashes where I thought I was going to write off the frame and found no damage.
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
igc
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was flying gaui models until last year when I built an e7se. Shortly after an n7 now I'm all synergy and could not be happier. The level of quality and support is top notch and second to none. The n7 is the most reliable and trouble free airframe I've ever flown.

Ian
igc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2016, 04:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

In support of the nx7, it's a very durable airframe. It can take everything I can throw at it no problems, and the fuel tank is huge. I have my timer set at 7 minutes and land with enough fuel I could probably hit 10. Crashes pretty well with the narrow frames - I lost a cyclic servo on mine, chopped the tail boom off, and the frames and tailbox were perfectly fine. Wiring is pretty simple IMO. Very easy to get clean wiring for all the servos and there's nice holes in the frame for zipties. I did have vibration issues for a while, but managed to get them under control by replacing a few bits.

That said, I've been pretty happy with my N5C when it's working (I keep crashing it, it flies so well it inspires unwarranted confidence) so I'm contemplating building an N7 anyways to compare to the nx7.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both the N7 and NX7. They are both great machines, and if your on the fence which one to get first I would lean toward the NX7. As mentioned the large fuel tank gives you flight times of up to 10mins.
datatools is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 10:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

How much time do you get flying hard 3d with the N7?
Pyroboy1438 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 04:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most people get around 6 minutes of hard 3d running the 105HZ-R, more or less depending on tune and setup. Smaller displacement engines usually get around 7 minutes. The N7 has a 22oz fuel tank - same size as the NX7 if I'm not mistaken.
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 06:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are both 22oz.

The only time I have seen people get a lot of flight time on the 105 is when they crank the head speed down.

This past summer at one of Todd Bennett's classes he cranked the head speed on an a TT G4 down to 1100 and flew it for 20-22 minutes. I believe the fuel tank is the same size as the N7 maybe a tad bigger.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is driving me crazy, I literally can't decide. The nx7 looks sooo much better but have heard of vibe issues although some say they can be got under control by balancing the rotating bits. Also heard of problems with gaui keeping parts in stock but yet gaui parts are cheaper. Man this is such a hard decision!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

The NX7 fuel tank is definitely more capacity than the N7. I have my flight timer set for 8:30 on the NX7 and 5:30 on the N7. I like to land with some fuel left in the tank, so I could most likely get another minutes of flight on each. I haven't had any vibe issues with my NX7, and I've always been able to get parts for it no problem.
datatools is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it's decided, Monday I will be ordering a N7. Anything else I need to order other then the obvious motor, pipe etc.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroboy1438 View Post
Well it's decided, Monday I will be ordering a N7. Anything else I need to order other then the obvious motor, pipe etc.
Oh yeah!!!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Welcome to the Synergy family! If you have any questions just ask away either here or on the Synergy forums. A really good place to start is with Chris Sexton's build videos.

Synergy N7 Build: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...h5wPVfsEt5ZexK
Old 02-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great choice! Welcome to the family! Synergy pivot ball links are big, you will need a Botosizer for sizing them. And you may need to either modify your current ball link pliers or buy some of the ones Ralph sells at FBL Rotors. The kit will not come with a blade holder so you may want to order one of those too.
KevKev2004 likes this.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those two tools are very nice and valuable. When I got my first Synergy I went out and bought both of them as well.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

So normal ball link pliers won't work? I hate to spend 50 bucks on another pair of pliers if I can get away without it. As for ball link sizer I have set that includes 4.0, 4.7, 5.7, and 6.7. Will either of those sizes work?

The kit doesn't come with a blade holder? It should in my opinion. Where can I get a Synergy one?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So normal ball link pliers won't work? I hate to spend 50 bucks on another pair of pliers if I can get away without it. As for ball link sizer I have set that includes 4.0, 4.7, 5.7, and 6.7. Will either of those sizes work?

The kit doesn't come with a blade holder? It should in my opinion. Where can I get a Synergy one?
You can open up any ball link plier with a dremel to work no problem, I know $50 is tough to swallow for a plier.

Yeah, I wish they came with blade holders too. But you can get them pretty much anywhere that sells Synergy, here are a couple links:

http://mattbotos.com/store/index.php...oducts_id=1774

http://m.helidirect.com/item/35353638

I'm at work now and don't remember off hand the pivot ball diameter. I can let you know tomorrow if no one else replies.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:34 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would love to know the ball link sizer diameter, thanks!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is set at 5.57mm. The ball itself is 5.48 mm. Hope that helps
Old 02-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

So do you all think I can just use my 5.7 ball link sizer?
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

No one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in