Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Rotor Blades

Rotor Blades R/C Helicopter Rotor Blade Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

No one is trashing Nick. I saw that video when it came out. Any blades in stock still? Nope...

I know Vic from when he first started V Blades YEARS AGO... I flew nothing but vblades for years.

Nick told me he'd have blades ready over 6 weeks ago. Nothing...

No one wants him to get things ironed out more than me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I got my Helix blades, I ordered a set of VBlades 715mm in the mean time. Then 3 days later, I get a notification that the 715 Helix are in. I promptly ordered a set!!

Sign up for the email notifications or SMS messaging. Im waiting for the 695's to come back in stock. Id like to try a set before I drop another $135 on a set. I know a guy who happens to have a set or 2. I may see if he would come off a pair for me????

Nick is a cool cat. Known him probably since he was about 5 years old, out there pylon racing with his dad!

Relax all. Dont get antsy and all hopped up about something that you and Nick have control over. I would think Nick does have some control as to what gets shipped and to who.... I'm hoping to see Nick at the Cincy heli meet later, and pick his brain a little.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helix are still not for sale anywhere. Sad...

Sue would love to try a set...
Old 06-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

They were briefly in stock at experience today. I got the email notification and jumped on ordering a set. The 695's didn't last long though. I texted a friend who grabbed a set too. Email notifications are your friend when trying to find popular items.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

c'mon guys... stop buying them all... so that some shippment can come accross the sea to us poor europen's too...

Steve1712 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have heard that Helix release only 50 pairs / month.... Not enough for those who want to fly with...
feeprog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered a set of 715's when I received the email from Experience last Wednesday. Got them in on Friday. They look very, very interesting. Installed them on my TDR and will see how they are. I'm particular about changing my TDR setup, so I hope they work well, if not, they go to the E700.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put FastLad that will put a message when you are in storage. The message came, and immediately ordered. Since then, the balance indicated that, over. Probably came to them, therefore, only one pair of 715mm.
But now they are coming to me
Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rotorquest pulled them off their site...

I would love to try them but no vendors in Canada now.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw a YouTube that nick said they had some issues in manufacturing them ... but they would be back soon ... I don't know if that is relevant sounded like there made by Vic at V blades

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any reviews??
zguy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a set today finally. Be here in a few days to try. Getting hands on some harder than hitting the lotto...
Old 06-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have about 20 flights on the 695's on my goblin comp now. I really like these blades. The cyclic response is very crisp and sharp around center. The bite they have on collective is impressive. The heli has noticeably improved when stopping from a fast maneuver and accelerating into another. Big air, loops, fast hurricanes and funnels all track well. Overall these are my new favorite blades. I'm also flying cyclones on another heli which I think are a little better for efficiency and are quieter but I like the bark you can get from the helix. I already ordered another set of helix for my n7.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 01:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got several flights on them today and this is my thoughts...

I fly Mikado V-Bar Control and Vbar 6.0 for my FBL system...

1st flight or two they seems odd. It took a few flights to feel them out as they do not feel like any other blade I have ever seen before.

They are no faster on cyclic then Edge SE or other high qua lit blades. Same speed. Just the same...

They are pretty lousy at autos. Sub par at best... They are very light. Lighter than most all other blades out there. Easy to see why they are poor at autos. They spool up quick but loose the inertia just as quick...

They do something I have never seen another blade do. They allow for a absolute instant change in direction on collect and seem to load the motor almost none to do so. I have never seen a blasé that can do that like these can.

In big loops and etc they are stable as anything else out there. Flew good. They have a point where off center they are smooth but one click more stick so to speak and they bite. No completely linear to me but the "break" point was very predictable an repeatable.

As all blades are they are a compromise. There will never be a blade that can be the best at autos and the best at hard 3d as those are opposing things.

These rotate on cyclic as good as any. They effortlessly allow for change of collective direction and don't make motor work hard to do it. They loose RPM quickly in an auto compared to many but are still very good at an auto. They are not poor at autos not just going to give you tons of hang time at the bottom just know...

If you watch Nick's style of flying it is easy to see why they fly the way they do...

One last thing... Low inverted hovering and etc they were super locked in. The machine just sits in a hover and is not bouncy at all even in wind. VERY nice... They are super stiff and in hard stops and hitting the collective hard in tick tocks they do not cause cyclic bobble as MANY blades do.

Overall a very good blade if you are looking for a blade the performs like this... There is no right or wrong it is just preference... I'm going to go fly them some more...
Old 07-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have them also since Orlando blowout. And my feeling are a bit different than yours.

First the points we agree : they kind of suck at autos and if you want to do acrobatic autos on the deck, you'd better watch out since they will loose momentum fast. They track very well in big air and in fff.

Where I differ :I do think they are the better at cyclic for my flight style than any other blade. The reason is now with extreme cyclic input, the cyclic moves effortlessly. There is close to no load when you do a hard cyclic move that allows them to be fast and precise and linear in cyclic. I do think that the cyclic is faster than other blades and only limited by the fbl module. Because even with my very high cyclic settings the cyclic is still precise and linear, I really feel that there is more room to bump up the cyclic. Unlike with other blades like radix and edge SE, I was struggling with the cyclic. I also noticed the des appearing of any wobble.
The collective of these blades is not as strong as the one of most other brands, it is tamer and there is no the sudden hard bite other blades tend to have. When you get used to these blades, you learn how to manage the collective and it is very good and comfortable, just a little bit different.

If I had to give a qualifier for the overall feeling of these blades, I would say "predictable".

Bottom line is these blades are my favorites, by a large margin. My second favorites are still the radix. I don't like edge / Se because I think they just suck at cyclic for my flying style. They are all about pop and stable stop.
pitounet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They just came in stock!

Ordered a set... I'm an idiot, not going to use them to their full potential but getting a 7hv was so I could try all the cool blades out!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: NIck Maxwell Helix Blades.... Anybody try them?

Thanks for the heads up just ordered a set from experience to test out and compare
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Please keep the updates coming!

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good reviews, thanks!

Have you modified any settings and/or HS to better match the Helix blades? If yes, what changed and what were the prior blades?
zguy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine just came in the mail!

Cog and weight dead equal and balances perfectly!

I probably won't get to fly them until IRCHA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in