Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 06:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blades for Intrepid EB

I am in the process of gathering all the goodies to get this bird in the air and I need to know if there are any more choices for main blades ( good choices ) other than the 810 mm V blades. If they are the best option for the money they are what I will buy--just checking for options. How about tail blades and paddles--a set comes with the heli -- are they worth using or should I just replace them from the start ? I have 3 Hitec 5955 servos that I'll be using on the controls-moderately fast and plenty of torque. The motor is on the way to Hanson for the Pro-Plus mod and I'll get them to send a V3 muffler on return delivery. Thanks for any info on blades--Dean
phoneman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like the V's myself. Running on both mains and tail. Greg talked me into V's when I bought mine and I'm glad I did. Work great and Auto like a champ(even with and extra 7lbs underneath).
Old 01-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have flown both NHP and Vblades. I couldn't tell the difference except that NHPs are a bit less expensive.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dean...as Mark said...I REALLY like the V-Blades and won't fly anything else on my Turbine now...but I have flown NHP's, V-Blades and MAH blades on the turbine...

NHP...decent blade...a little to flexible for my likings...affected auto's on the turbine...very inexpensive...about 1/2 the price of VBlades as I recall...

MAH...good blade...auto's great...I had some vibration issues using this blade on my turbine (think it was just that set of blades)...about $40 less than VBlades as I remember

VBlades...great blade...auto's very well...although I still think that in this size blade the MAH felt better in an auto...zero vibration issues...most expensive

Hope that gives you a little bit of info when deciding on a blade...

Last edited by Greg Alderman; 01-23-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys--just checking on possible options while I wait on the engine to get back from Hansons. What size tail blades should I be looking at ? Are the stock paddles any good ? When the engine gets back I'll pick up a 611gyro and servo for the tail and I'll be ready to get finished. I have to say a couple of things about this helicopter---the packaging from Bergen was great. All the different assemblies packaged separately and not just thrown all in one big bag--all the different nuts, bolts, washers all bagged separately and tagged so you won't get confused. The build instructions on the cd are accompanied with pics that help a good bit. All the holes in the frames are exactly correct and where they should be. All the various bolts thread perfectly into the places they are supposed to go. I am very impressed with the quality of this kit--the machining is outstanding. The two-piece canopy that comes with the kit is kind of--how should I say this ?--funky looking but it will probably make a good everyday canopy ( sorry Chris--I had to poke you just a little ). I was looking at two different manufacturers of gas helis before I bought from Chris--his company's reputation for service and quality stood above the rest. I am sure I made the right decision---sorry about rambling on but I just felt Chris and company deserved the kudos----Dean
phoneman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dean,

Don't waste your money on a 611. A 401 is more then enough on the Bergen. I don't know if you'll find anyone that says a 611 performs any better then a 401.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in