Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
I agree with pretty much everything you just said. Which just goes to show how important the salesmanship aspect of pro pilots is. They compete with a product in order to showcase it. You may not buy a product just because some pro endorses it, and you can see that he's got an agenda, but lots of people will (otherwise, most salesmen would be out of a job!)

Of course, if you enter competitions, and don't do well, it could hurt sales. I still don't really think that the Blade pro series is aimed at people that want the absolute best performing heli out there. It's aimed at those of us that want a quality 700 size heli on the cheap. Paying a pro to fly just makes it cost more.
See... I don't buy soda based on who drinks it, I don't buy insurance based on which has the cutest animal on the commercials, I don't care who drives the car I own, nor do I care what athlete owns the brand of bicycle I do. I also don't care who flies the helicopter I want to buy.

Blade offers Pro Series helicopters to those people who have bought into the Blade collector mentality and have outgrown the little cheap ones and wants to spend more money on the bigger ones. They're targeted towards people who are brand loyalists. There's nothing wrong with that. I think their bigger models are far better than the smaller ones.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I'd bet most current Blade fans can't even name the last heli that had an E-Flite badge on it.
I can. It was the original mSR the first time it was introduced years ago. Mine had both the E-flite and Blade names on the canopy. The very next micro heli was the original mCPX, which only had Blade on the canopy. The mSR must have been right during the transition period.
resnik44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandt View Post
Best case is he genually likes the parts and is lucky to get them for free...
hmmm, what dictionary can I find the word "genually" in? ...
Heli-cat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #64 (permalink)

Blade needs to get people on the winner's podium at major events instead of things like James Haley crashing out of the Heli Masters early on with the worldwide debut of the 700X. Doesn't look real good, that's for sure.
resnik44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 02:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Blade need to compete ...

That 15 year old Korean pilot showing off his skills with the 700x and 550x ( see sub forums ) would be a good person to promote Blade at international events!

https://www.helifreak.com/5653750-post.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Blade need to compete ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by resnik44 View Post
Blade needs to get people on the winner's podium at major events instead of things like James Haley crashing out of the Heli Masters early on with the worldwide debut of the 700X. Doesn't look real good, that's for sure.

I had some friends who went to Venlo and saw James. Sure, a better result would have been preferable, but they took the chance to talk to him and discuss the 700x and its design features. James was by all accounts very approachable, very helpful and took the time to go over the heli with them.

They came away with a much more positive view than they had arrived with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's all about perceived image and of course blade has mainly been about the micros until the pro series launched.
I think getting a few out in main stream competition this year would certainly help boost the image of the pro series and as a direct result sales.
There's loads of videos of the blade 550 and the 700 being abused in a 3d smack style.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by resnik44 View Post
I can. It was the original mSR the first time it was introduced years ago. Mine had both the E-flite and Blade names on the canopy. The very next micro heli was the original mCPX, which only had Blade on the canopy. The mSR must have been right during the transition period.
The mSR was out a decent little bit before they made eflite a plane-exclusive brand (which is good cause im sure their reputation was hindered a bit from a fleet full of problem helis. their planes are no riddled with issues like the helis all seemed to be. the first Blade branded heli was the SR. The mCP wouldn't be released for almost another year.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Blade SR still had the E-flite name on the canopy. At the time, I don't think a lot of people realized (I didn't) that "Blade" was actually going to become the brand name. I thought it was just a heli named the "Blade SR"...brought to you by E-flite...

http://bladesrbible.webs.com/apps/ph...toid=177809310
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

duplicate post
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybirdDD View Post
It's all about perceived image and of course blade has mainly been about the micros until the pro series launched.
I am sure HH knows where their best interests lie. It would be a pyrrhic victory if their pro series end up selling well at the expense of their micro series. On the other hand, perhaps this is what they want. There are some very capable 100 sized mCPX and Genius CP clones coming this year from toy manufacturers of which some may already be brushless or even have piro compensation.

HiSky is due to release a 130 sized heli this year based on extensive experimentation with the 130X. Besides the Trex 150 that is already on the market, there are rumors of a Trex 200 and Gaui X1 as well. Some of the toy manufacturers have poached staff from Walkera, Nine Eagles and HiSky. Walkera itself is suffering badly because of the clones. As for mini quads, the situation is no better. This is a syma quad, do you recognize any similarities?

zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in