Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just buy realflight you bums

CagedVR6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi FlyingHigh,

I have a question for you. Do you use the FMS usb connector available on ebay or a simple cable 1/8 to 1/8 phono to connect to the sound card? If the later I am not really good at it. but If you have the chance of having an FMS USB connector that you can BUY on ebay for 10$ (including shipping) then I can help you. First of you need to create a new model on your DX6i make it an Heli and call it something like HeliSimRC. Also on the controller mapping, check the boxe beside the "Use Simulator Throttle/Pitxch Curves" you can use your own if you want but is easier to use the already configured ones. One of the advantage of using your radio's curves is that you will also be able to use the stunt (Idle 1) switch from the radio. Also I could send you my config file for the radio since I am using the same .

HTH
bgagnon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

I got HeliSimRC working last night with an E-sky 0404 Tx and USB sim cable. This sim feels more realistic than RealFlight and runs great on my Pentium M 1.4gHz laptop. Keep up the good work Mark - donation sent

Last edited by Da_Coynul; 03-24-2008 at 09:26 PM..
Da_Coynul is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Maintaining hover?

Well, after some messing around with FMS, but hearing others say HeliSim was better, I am doing most of my PC flying on HeliSim now. I am beginning to get use to the lack of sound, though I am sure it would help (I know you're working on it). Without having actual (decent) flight time in an RC heli, I do feel this is a better flight model than FMS (no offense intended to anyone).

I am having a little trouble hovering though. I am not sure if it is throttle curves or what yet (still learning all about that stuff). I take off and I can get the heli to hover. It sits fairly still with a little correction here or there. Then, without applying more throttle, it seems to lift to the sky. Is this normal for a real electric heli? Is holding a steady altitude while at hover like this in a real heli or is there something that needs to be adjusted?

I hope this question is clear, if not, holler back.
HeliMix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #45 (permalink)

I've had RealFlight and FMS for years and just recently have been trying some of the newer free sims.
HeliSim is the one I'm going to use. Took 2 seconds to download, 2 minutes to setup and works damn near perfectly. Much better than the multi-hundred megabyte monsters.
Thank you Mark.

Denny
milwiron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have to admit that I haven't been watching this thread. I'm usually in the TRex 450 forum, and there's a similar sticky thread there, with more activity. I basically forgot this one. There are MANY configuration tips over there. Usually one of the following will help.

1 Be sure CCPM mixing is off on your transmitter. If your using a real RC transmitter (not a game controller) configure a "model" for simulation, with no swash mixing.

2 Its probably best to use the simulators internal throttle pitch curves, not the ones on your TX. Just set a straight line TC in your TX. Also, if you're using a real RC tx, you can set the sim "model" up in your Tx with a flat 0 pitch curve. that way you cant take off with your real heli, and the simulator model setup.

3 Read the help section on channel mapping. Its really easy once you see how the mapping controls work. (and have mixing off!)

4 Idle up / throttle hold switches can (and probably should) be mapped to the keyboard. They have red dot indicators on screen. Top left = IdleUp top Right=TH. If you have TH on, it wont spin up. If you have Idle up off, you cant get negative pitch!

5 Idle up and throttle hold switches on a real RC tx are NOT channels. They modify the output of the throttle and pitch channels, but they are not channels themselves. Consequently, the state of these switches is not transmitted, and therefore the simulator cannot map these switches!
Trex 450 Vx FBL, Scorpion 2221-10, RJX head, mini-V, Ice 50
markb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice job, Mark. Just downloaded it and set it up in about 10 minutes. Thanks for your work.

One question -- (or anyone) is there a way to get sound... or am I missing something?

Preston
jaizon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default start to hook up with JR PCM10X

What is the right way to hook up this simulator to my radio?
First connecting everything and than start up the pc??
Or plug it in to a running PC.
Please your comment and thanks in advance.
W.v.d.Poel
Old 05-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #49 (permalink)

Works under Linux Ubuntu 8.04 with wine-0.9.59 and e-sky simulator interface. Great job.
theWulong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile flight sim works great

I own a JR PCM10X and after ordering the special set of cables at E-bay I hooked the radio on and after some adjustment I use it like my real modells.
By the way I have no sound,so is it normal and if possible how could I get it working.
Regards
Wim
Old 05-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default downloaded it a week ago and now that i got my helipro today

im wondering if i can just use my radio that came with my helipro black hawk 3d? what would i need to get for it to work.
electroman77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Definitely Better than FMS!!

been using helisim for a week. has a similiar feel of realflight. though the heli is a bit unstable (even with Zero cyclic instability) , but I find this very helpful for beginner like me, to improve my reflexes in hovering & inverted. maybe Mark needs to stablise the heli in simulation and then let the user tweak the instability factor. This would allow user to perfect the manoevres without unwanted "glitching".

Good job mark! Love it.
helikev2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #53 (permalink)

Hi MarkB
Thanks for making such a nice Rc sim . just one thing i can't get my E Sky 0905A usb controller to work. I can't calibrate it. Can you please help me?

Thanks Fullthrottle
fullthrottle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fullthrottle, the Esky controller works fine with mine, but I had to use the "Mapping" option under the "Joystick" tab to switch the pitch and throttle controls.
fishboy77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Works beautifully "right out of the box" with Fedora 8 Linux, Wine 1.0, a www.milehighwings.com USB adapter, and my trusty old JR X388-S transmitter. Inverted flight, 3D stuff all work great with no fussing at all. Beautiful graphics, very, very realistic feel to the controls. This is a truly beautiful piece of work. I'm going to make a contribution right now.
wnor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just an FYI. I bought this $10 adapter and works great with the DX7 and Helisim.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=3171

no drivers needed. Just plug it in, calibrate in windows/game controllers and then calibrate/setup in helisim.

Control wise I've found that Helisim is MUCH more realistic than FMS.

JaggedEdge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

markb - Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for a great FREE sim.

Compared to FMS this is the real thing. Installed it on my vista machine and used the esky sim controller that I bought with my new Belt CP everything works great.

Thanks again.
Walkera 4#3b - Double Brushless.
JoulesWinfield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great sim! No more FMS for me :grin:

Figured out how to hook my JR transmitter through the sound card too, so I've got a very nice zero dollar setup now.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #59 (permalink)

Default EXCELENTE

ANOCHE LO INSTALE. FUNCIONA PERFECTAMENTE.
MUCHAS GRACIAS.
riva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

This sim is great!

To think I wasted $40.00 on Clearview.

This beats FMS & Clearview hands down.

Probably give some of the high end sims a run for their money too.

Good stuff, keep up the great work

Minskie
minskie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in