Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
and now i did the grub screws up and i flew the hb! woo. i just need to take it outside where there are no people who will judge me for playing with a "toy" and then set the trims and proportions all over again.

and then, back to learning to hover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMuPnLKpBGU
I loled at the end. hope ur ok
Well done mate
You were holding her in there pretty well a few times. Keep it up and it wont be long before you will get through a pack with no crashes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Roflmao....I love the ending!

FWIW, I think you are passed the training gear stage now. When you are learning to get a stable hover, as you are, the training gear can be more of a hinderance than a help, as it swings around like a pendulum and makes the heli sluggish. Once the heli starts to drift, with the training gear on, you need a bigger correction to stop it. Then the heli swings back the other way, and you need an even bigger correction as it builds up momentum. Without the gear on, that momentum build up is smaller and you need smaller corrections, meaning you are less likely to over-correct.

Just a thought....it's entirely up to you.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

firstly luke, this one is rewally low weight. I bought it recently by mistake and i want to get every bit of use out of it. although it does help whatso ever.
secondly, yea, I am okay, thanks for asking

and I am still waiting for a reply! damn those noobs! as you saw in the tail setup, arent 2 hbv2 heat sinks and a thermal paste better than a cp3 tail heat sink?
felixthemaster is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since those bastards didnt reply to my email I called them and they told me that they were out of stock for the CP3 Tail heat sink and they sent me two hb sinks aparently they do the same job. and when they get in stock, they will send me the cp3 heat sink and I can keep these heat sinks for free

so Now, I am waiting for thermal paste and then I will snap on the 3 heat sinks i have
Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it looks like those heatsinks are the correct shape but they are about 1/3 as wide as the proper cp3 one. you could be ok with those 2 and thermal paste just keep an eye on it as time goes by for signs of the motor wearing out (or smelling bad/hot after/during flight).
[edit] you will only fit 1 smaller one on in addition to the cp3 h/s, and maybe not even that as you need to make sure you are not covering the air vent near the end with the h/s.

Last edited by Steemo; 11-07-2011 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: more info
Steemo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
firstly luke, this one is rewally low weight. I bought it recently by mistake and i want to get every bit of use out of it. although it does help whatso ever.

and I am still waiting for a reply! damn those noobs! as you saw in the tail setup, arent 2 hbv2 heat sinks and a thermal paste better than a cp3 tail heat sink?
CP3 heatsink + thermalpaste is the way to go Felix. The CP3 heatsink is about 4 times larger than the FPV2's, when installed properly the motor will hardly run hot Check the install vids I did on the CP3 mod here, if I remember correctly I did a comparison of the heatsinks in that vid

I'm with Luke on the training gear, even light weight objects have a large influence on flight characteristics when placed so far away from the center of gravity, especially if they're able to move a bit, it only amplifies the pendulum effect. The ping pong balls make for great cat toys by the way
Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
How's the bin?

I hear what you are saying about the weight...but to be honest, it's not so much the weight as the position of the weight. Because the training gear hangs down lower than the heli, it shifts the whole centre of gravity to a lower point. That is what gives it the pendulum effect!

edit: now I just read DVD's post..."what he said!"
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdouden View Post
+1, I think VL misread motor RPM for head RPM
+2

Small motor pinion equals lower HEAD RPM with higher torque and higher MOTOR RPM
Larger motor pinion equals higher HEAD RPM with lower torque and lower MOTOR RPM
Viet-Lama is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Video's gone
mCPX V2
KeithT is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

i get the gear stuff, its pretty obvious how a higher gear means more speed but less power. But I am just saying what bladfes are perfect for stock steup?

btw, broke another blade :/ I just have to wait for the super blades to arrive alllllllll the way from america
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stock setup is compatible with stock blades, Xtreme 10 degrees wooden blades, and I think Superblades EZ, not sure about Superblades XP.

For hover training use stock blades or Superblades EZ, for outdoor (fast) forward flight use 10 degree woodies or Superblades XP
Old 11-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

ll, i ordered xp...... because nuttcase told me to skip ez. i hope itll work. but i still have to wait aaaaaaaages
Old 11-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your 3cell setup is totally stock I like the V-L modified blades. Its trimming 10mm off each tip in a rounded pattern. Slightly higher headspeed/stability with much longer DD life.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hovering outside in the cold

I am going out to the park with an embarrasing hat with my keychain cam on it and a key chain cam on the heli and a normal picture camera on a tripod. That'll give you 3 angles i hope. Ill upload all of em on youtube and embedd below
Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 11-08-2011, 05:17 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

you know the rule, never finish your popcorn before the movie starts

the 3 cams and battery are still charging,
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

C'mon......
mCPX V2
KeithT is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

key chain cams done. just waiting for digi camm to finish and the 1300 mah battery too.

I used come weak velcro i found lying around to attatch cam to hat and its working pretty well. Just need to look up more. I just need to figure out how to attatch cam to heli properly....
Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Felix, I've got a small cam attached to my Bee, I use some velcro with 3M backside to stick it to the bottom of the frame and then use some tie wraps to keep it from vibrating too much. The Velcro dampens most of the head's vibrations while the tie wraps prevent it from being too loose.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

i did it to the bottom of my canopy because it looks likethe canopy gets lower than the frame so the canopy might be in the video obstructing the view
Closed Thread

Tags
beginner, day, honey bee repair mod tail, honey bee v2, hover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in