Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3D Capable

A while back I remember one of the Horizon guys saying the SR was capable of 3D. I know it wont be anything spectacular, but are there any videos out there of it at least doing a flip or something?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been looking for the same thing; haven't seen anything but the hovering vids.

I'd even settle for a demo of some inverted hovering. I would be using the SR as a 'bridge to more capable cp helis' and I'd also love to see what it might be capable of beyond hovering/ff.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see....
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

On of the vids said that it would be 3D capable with a different transmitter but not the factory one... I imagine that as soon as people start getting them (if they ever actually release it) 3D vids will pop up once they have a chance to pair it to their own radios..
Old 02-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The preview video on HH website says if you are wanting to do 3d with it you should use the carbon fiber CP Pro 2 blades. The stock blades a little longer and heavier for better stability. Oh and yes you will need a DX6i or DX7
Wills2084 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I was hoping for a 'teaser' sequence demoing some form of behavior unique to cp helis. From what's been show so far, it might as well be a fp 'Look, it hovers quite nicely...'

Is that all it can do??? Someone at E-Flite has to have played with it a bit......
Old 02-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

At 5:45 Mark says the SR will do loops and rolls in stunt mode. For more advanced 3D maneuvers you'll need to change the blades and use another TX like the DX6i or DX7.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdD393S6tYU&feature=sub[/ame]
T-rex 450SE V2, 250SE / Blade CX2, mCX, mSR, SR / Walkera 5G6, 4#3B, 4G3, CB100 / Piccolo Pro / Hornet II / HBK 2

shield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield View Post
At 5:45 Mark says the SR will do loops and rolls in stunt mode. For more advanced 3D maneuvers you'll need to change the blades and use another TX like the DX6i or DX7.
Yes, thanks, I do understand that's what they're SAYING, my question was somewhat rhetorical....I just want to SEE it doing that. When they advertise a sporty car, do they just show it rolling along at walking speed? No, they show it quickly carving up some twisty, turny, scenic road....and all we have is some hovering inside with Mark banging the sticks around.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

For that, I'm sure we'll just have to wait until they start arriving in actual customer's hands.

While I'm sure Mark and HH did bind a BSR to a DX6i/7 at some point before he made those comments, if a video was shot of any loops or rolls I would have expected them to release it by now. Then again, HH's stated position is that the BSR is a transitional heli for beginners, so it makes sense that all their primary marketing for it has showcased its beginner-friendly aspects (hovering, stability).

The mere mention of its bindability for the DX6i for advanced users is enough --they already know as soon as *that* bunch of the market gets a chance, they're going to bind, set, and make their own videos showing "hopped up" BSRs. [I intend to be one of them]
AKD001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Instead of saying that it can do 3D in some vague part of an interview, they should be right out there saying "Look at how great and stable it is for beginners, but when you are ready for 3D it is too!" And show it doing some minor 3D. That would move product faster than anything.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The hardest thing about flying RC helicopters is flying RC helicopters. I can't tell you how many posts I've read throughout the years with the words "I Quit!" in them. Horizon knows very well that getting a newcomer to the hobby isn't nearly as hard as keeping him in the hobby. Sell them, hook them, keep them and that faithful customer will more than likely buy from you again. That is an excellent marketing strategy and that is where the SR comes in.

The SR is being marketed as a super stable and easy to fly helicopter. The main attration of this heli is to take that CP heli fear away from a new pilot and transition them from a coaxial helicopter to something more advanced. I don't think Horizon wants to give newcomers any misconception that the SR is easy to 3D with. As a matter of fact they are not even selling this heli as a "3D" machine, as far as I can tell the box doesn't even say 3D on it. Those looking for a 3D experience are being pointed towards the B400. You can bet that once the SR is released into consumers hands you will see plenty of advanced flying but I wouldn't expect to see any from Horizon.
T-rex 450SE V2, 250SE / Blade CX2, mCX, mSR, SR / Walkera 5G6, 4#3B, 4G3, CB100 / Piccolo Pro / Hornet II / HBK 2

shield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i found this video shows more flying the the others i've found and at 4:12 he says it will preform 3d WAY better than the cp pro 2 which would make it arguable one of the most versatile helis ever from noob to vet i just hope its half as good as they are making it look... can't wait to get my hands on one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTjsTAj03U[/ame]
dzydvl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sounds like people are getting them now. See how long it takes to get some vids up here...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in