Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
skeppley
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flybar to Flybarless conversion ?'s

After many many years of flying flybarred, i decided i wanna try out flybarless on at least one of my machines and see what all the excitement is about

Anyone who has perfectly setup a flybarred head knows how much painstakingly time it takes to get it all correct, so my big question is:

Do i clear all my subtrims, travel trims (endpoints) and swash mixes?

It took a long time to get everything perfect so the swash moves full positive to full negative perfectly level, and required lots of small adjustments to get them all correct.
Are these adjustments all for nothing now with the 3GX going on ????

If it is that simple, i may have to get lots of new heads
skeppley is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
DebianDog
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure about the Align system but with a Beast you basically, zero everything out on the radio, level the swash at zero, show it what 6 degrees is, set your pitch, set your limits, done. I would imagine it would be near the same.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
skeppley
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks debian,
So it looks like i may be able to keep in the subtrims. They were only used to get the servo arms at a perfect 90*. Then the links to the swash were mechanically adjusted to get the swash perfectly level. So that step should already be good to go....i hope.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
skeppley
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The endpoints were adjusted(when flybarred) to level out the swash at max pos and neg pitch. Sometimes one servo travels less than another, so at max pitch, the swash would tilt a little, hence the EPA adjustment to get it just right. So now the 3gx will do these endpoints for me??? Hallelujah for technology...lol
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
adrian
Registered Users

Just copy your old settings over to a new model-then start tinkering with new FBL setings, if you dont like FBL it makes changing back nice & easy.
I know what you mean about set up on fly barred helis, it takes lots of fine tuning to get them "just so"
I've recently gone FBL & have yet need to tinker with any of the settings, but with all being down on your computer- originalsettings are easy to return to if not to your liking. Having said that I'm very pleased with how my 450 V2 3GX flies 'out of the box' (so far)
You do have to take out a lot of settings you would normally use on your hand set, the only one that you use is the subtrim, after that the FBL unit does it all & needs setting up accordingly.
As a BTW my 3GX unit has expo built in, I did add my own & it was horrible to fly until I took most of it out (now down to 10%-but reducing every couple of flights as I get used to it & the heli flys/feels better for it)
adrian is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
skeppley
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, copying as a new heli is probably the best to do.
Seems pretty straightforward from there. I doubt I'll go back to flybar on this one, but you never know.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
adrian
Registered Users

For me flybars are getting a bit like brushed motors these days-yup been there & now have a better solution.Time will tell, My only nimh pack is in my tx these days-but even its days are numbered I reckon.
adrian is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support