Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #9041 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought I'd heard that, but still not clear on how it does it. Sounds very cool. So how the hell do they make a full featured radio, any protocol, 2km range, looks the business, hear good things about them, and all for 150 bucks? Amazing.

Oh well congratulations on your treat, and of course on your birthday.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #9042 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To use any protocol you must use the Deviation firmware. It is not Walkera affiliated it is basicly a hack. The FW is free and has been offically released not beta testing. For the last 5 yrs or so Walkera has put all of their eggs towards FPV, GPS, quads, and TX development. They basicly took the best JR, Futaba, and Spektrum features and packed them into 1 TX. The Devo 10 is LCD but the 8s & 12s are full color touch screens but a bit pricier. YEP VERY good radios on the cheap.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #9043 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Cyprus Dave..Cheers for tip about the cat5 cable. Will just be careful not to kink it

For now, I just decided I will order a new servo and work on this busted one later. Following Sutty's advice to get back in the air quicker, and save for what I want. Maybe I'll get the Hi-Tec programmer/tester at some point later. Wasn't totally sure I was going to stay with HT servo's long term anyway.

Was thinking about a servo upgrade when I convert to FBL (maybe one with metal case!). Seem to have had nothing but trouble with the servo's since I moved to the PRO frame. Think I've busted 2 servo's in each crash, for the last 3 crashes. So maybe when I pull the align one's off I should offer them up here, or ebay them off to raise funds for the FBL conversion. I will stick with the Hi-tec's for the foreseeable, but I always wanted these for the FBL future....kerching though!!

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/comb...o-p-13457.html

Hoping they won't break as much, therefore will save on re-build time. Have also read advice about good servo installation, so will check for screw hole alignment etc when the Hi-Tec's go back in.

Remembered another reason why I didn't stock up on shafts etc. I've now ordered some new tail output shafts with my servo, but I'm not getting any main shafts or feathering shafts. When I do convert to FBL, I could be using a different main and feathering shaft, so there's no point investing in spares I probably won't need. My plan is, just get back in the air asap, get a few flights in, take it easy, convert to FBL as soon as I can afterwards. Back to the waiting game for now

After I realised I killed the servo, I did strip some of the AWG10 wire and managed to tin it with the 4mm flat tip that I got with the new soldering iron station. Got the 6mm tip in reserve, plus I treated my dad's soldering iron to new tip also. So, I now have two soldering irons at my disposal, should I need to boost the heat when doing the connections to the PSU with the thick wire Oh, I forgot to mention I treated myself to one of those workbench clamp and magnifying glass things too. Even when I use pliars with a rubber band on, and weight them down, they still manage to slip around the workbench somehow, so this will also make life alot easier at the soldering stand -completing outstanding current projects, and future plans
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #9044 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cat5 cable ordered. Will have that sat there for next time I have a spare day to do the digging and drill through.

Nylon screws, washers and bolts ordered. Constuction can re-commence on the fan covers and mounting PSU's inbetween and after the 450 re-build.

Got the servo, another spare case and tail output shafts ordered.

Couldn't do anything else on the 450, so I got stuck into the charging station. Just to re-familiarise myself with the plans, and also to get some soldering practice in!! Wasted about 4 connectors getting the procedure right. But got it down to a T, so the rest should go smoothly.

First job was to make the AC power cables that run to each PSU, and a positive connector cable for the back of the main switch. Very fiddly work indeed!! Next is to make the extra cable to go from the switch that turns on the 2nd PSU to give the power boost from 12v to 24v. Will make that tomorrow, and then run some tests on the switches and wiring before I start to fix things down later this week.

After reviewing the plans, I think I will simplify the DC output arrangements until I have the funds for the new charger. For now, I can just leave it with a 12V output to the banana connectors, and I'll mod it to add in the 24V output later. So a re-build seems inevitable when the new charger or chargers are added. Initially, I set out avoid this, but hey, you can't have everything your own way!!

Happy with some progress at least
Old 04-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #9045 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good deal Den. Now about the 450. You could get the same head as me $10 Micro Beast V2 clone $50. You would use the same shafts cause the main head is the one you already have. The conversion is simple and FBL is really fun to fly.

Have a look this is the 3D-H V2 it is a perfect clone and works great I have one on the Belt and one coming for my 500 now too!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Support.html

Here is the 450 FBL conversion kit

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...450_HK450.html

I can help you if you run into any issues with either or. Also the Beast X forum is exactly the same info.as the 3D-H V2 Infact HK's "updated" manual for it IS LITERALLY the Micro Beast V2 manual which is all the correct info. Sutty will vouch for the MB and this is the same shit different factory and 1/4 the price Ill vouch for it. You wont be disapointed and if you are I'll pay you full price for it.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #9046 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers for the heads up Chad

I maybe inline for a 2nd hand deal on a MB, but if it's no longer available (because it got put on a belt-cp for a FBL test ) the HK clone could be my second choice then. The head I could definately go for, but I was leaning towards a DFC type head, as I prefer the lower profile look. Maybe I'll do some more research on it later, see if there is a DFC clone

For now I've spent enough, and need to spend on other things and keep a little for any emegency bits that can crop up. I'll give myself a break on spending for a couple of weeks now, whilst I catch up on current projects and work to build up some more excess cash.

Once I get the 450 and charging station finished then I'll look at it again and as always check with you guys first
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #9047 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep they have those for $20-30 Im puttin a dcf on my 500.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #9048 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There is also this one, and it's in the UK warehouse (8 left)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=54653

I have the one Chad linked to, it's fine, but saw this other one while looking for something else, and of course bought one. Assembled it but not actually fitted yet, but much nicer Not DFC, but lower profile. Pretty sure HK do DFC clones for 500 and 600, but not sure about for 450.

EDIT: Well, yes there is, just checked:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Assembly.html
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #9049 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, so much of a clone I don't know how they can even forshame. Actually it makes me think that there must be an actual licensing deal in place, or no matter where they base themselves they would get their arses sued off. If no deal in place then it's a crying shame!
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #9050 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good point. The MB V3 comes out and next 3DH V2... Hmmmm seems like factory extras of the MB V2. This way they can sell a bunch of "old" units while having only the latest MB version for sale a the standrd retail cost. Take note BeastX no longer sells the V2, only the V3.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #9051 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks again Dave and Chad, thats the head I saw people using on the 450PRO forum, so maybe that head and the 2ndHand MB, or the 3DH V2. I'm sooooo tempted, but my trigger finger is still aching from last night, and I need to hold out to keep an emergency fund!! Plus buy more gas for home and pay my phone bill, so I must resist For now

Had some news on the van claim today, and it should payout. As suspected, if they book it in for a wheel alignment test, they would simply class it a total loss and payout. Have the option to buy back and scrap or repair it, but then I'm without a van, or back to square one. So I'm thinking, get a lesser run around to release some capital, see how the next 12 months go with new employer and then either we buy a new van (paid for by the company) or I leave and sell up. Good get out plan if I need it, and still got the commercial avenue to explore if I must. The last week has been hectic, but my organisation has impressed him so I think he's starting to trust me. This job's well on track, even after another bad start once I landed back on it. Old habits (as Jerry warned) will die hard, but I think he is starting to listen!! Last few days have been better. For now, the work is coming in, and we just got another contract, so it has got potential to get better and better if we can iron out the teething problems.

Not sure what to do tonight, been questioning if the wires I made are substantial enough. Hoping my maths are ok on this!! The AC flexi wire I had leftover from a job at work is only 1.0mm2, I think rated 10A/240VAC. Therefore, would equate to 10x240=2400W. Now if I had 2 PL6's at 1000W each, that would be 2000W maximum load on the system, but including the 10% losses from the PSU's, I would be running almost on the max load of the wires, and could get over heating problems, as I start to get close to maximum load. I can certainly live with it for now, whilst still on 3S setup. The thought of re-doing it is less daunting after last weekends soldering acquisition's . So, as a precaution, I will plan to swap them to 16A/240VAC flexi wire when I add the 24V output.

Least I can do a bit more, whilst I wait for the servo Didn't get dispatched today, so won't be here till Friday earliest. Own fault for doing a manual payment to qualify for the 3% discount!!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #9052 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just been sorting my tools out and found at least 3m of 16A 1.5mm2 flexi cable that had fallen down the back of some storage shelves May as well re-do the AC wires on the charging station now, don't have to, but I'll feel safer and will still save some messing about later.

Aiming to pick up some 32A flexi for the mains cable and some additional switch connectors this weekend. As I've modified plans again, I don't need to order more IC14 connectors from RS components, until I do the 24V upgrade so saved a bit there, to pay for that here!!

That's everything I know I need then!! Naturally, there maybe some unforeseen's, but should get some more good progress this weekend. Looking like an early finish Saturday and got a whole Sunday set aside for tinkering
Old 04-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #9053 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I screwed around with the Penguin today.
No, I'm not giving up on this, I would like to fly it locally, like right out my back door, ( going to have to make a gate, my ass is too old not to be jumping fences like some teenager ).

First off, finally worked out what happened with my fpv signal loss last time out.
The vtx video broadcast went kaput!
Was really strange, as I could see the osd information. Took me awhile to realize that the osd is only on the audio signal, so that is why I was able to see it.

Not going to buy another tx in 5.8.
I still have my original 200mw vtx so I pulled my entire pan/tilt mechanism for the Ranger, wired up the vtx, and installed another camera hard mounted towards the nose of the canopy base.
It was a pain to do, especially since both the vtx and the receiver have both now failed.
But, it works a charm.

I don't feel like buying another uhf receiver, not yet anyway.
The way I have the Penguin set up the uhf receiver is easily removable. I'll be able to swap out the receiver easily enough.

Next up, I reset my mechanical trims back to zero and reset the control surfaces for the trim I had.

Battery's are back on the charger, and I'm into the beer. Off tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be pretty nice so I hope to get some flights in.
I need orientation fpv time on a plane. Once the crap arrives next week I have a very short window to get ready for the fun fly. Still have to figure out how to pack all my gear including camping gear in my Oldsmobile!

Raf, I don't suppose I could talk you into shipping my your mach 9 charging system for that week?

Next up, got to swap out the bad motor on the Hexa, see if that fixes the issue.

If I can get everything flyable by tomorrow Then I need to jump back on the ground station until the garbage all shows up.

The 1.3mhz system for fpv that I am going with will not be diversity, but a single receiver.
The antenna I picked up is not the one I really want, but it's a good antenna, a crosshair, and has reasonable side lobes for transmission.
Even if I can't get the tracker right, ( still have to research how to make all of this talk with the Ruby ), I can easily enough just manually adjust the antenna position.

Damn, just remembered I loaned out my air mattress!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #9054 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, my garbage all showed up today. Servo and spares, Cat5 Cable, Nylon screws and washers. Getting new gas supply tomorrow, and some other things sorted. Got more good news today, and got another small bank charges refund, so that should be enough for the FBL conversion now

2 more weeks, the next job will be finished, I'll probably pull the trigger then, to give me some time to complete this re-build with servo installation and doing a few test flights. Hoping by Sunday I should have that done, and then next week some more progress on my 24V power supply

Hmmm, might take 3 weeks to get that head from HK???
Old 04-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #9055 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DENNIS use the Swiss Post $9.99 shipping you will get your order in 7-10 days. the cheap $4.99 shiping can take up to 67 days.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #9056 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the design of the RJX head Dave also posted, but I like the low profile look of the DFC head. RJX seems to work with genuine align parts, so why not? Very tempted to pull trigger, but will resist and try to do a bit more research comparing what people say about DFC and RJX in crash durability.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #9057 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Mikado head on my 450. Nothing fancy, but it works great.

The 500 has a Compass head, same thing as RJX. It's a fantastic head. Only issues I had was feathering shafts and main shafts. Links, your going to not want to save your links, they take a beating. Size them carefully.

The new motor on the Hexa did the trick. She's back on active flight status.
So, with both acft up and ready, my next opportunity to fly will be next weekend. So far, the weather looks good.

Now to do a little work on the tracker. I know it's something I did in programming it, even think I know what I did,,, just not how to get out of it?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #9058 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Progress or Anti-progress? You decide.

Progress or Anti-progress? I've been getting several goodies in the mail needed a new swash locker for the belt, got it , put it on did the set up, put on a brand spankin new pair of CF blades on, and took to the skies in the alley. I then loose most control land it safely check it out re powered re checked everything was good , so I took to the skies again, shit no control!!! I brought her down and as I get it to touch down the damn thing tipped and destroyed my new blades. The damn AIL servo crapped out. It has been on the belt for a long time it's an original MG90 from when I first got them. I had a spare and put it on. Now the Belt is all set up and ready again with a new set of blades. I crashed the 500 too... but the phone cable I cut saved a lot of damage just a MG and linkage. The neighbor said thanks nobody has a phone and I hate all the lines. He then got out the ladder and cut the other line to his house.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #9059 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 04-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #9060 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
DENNIS use the Swiss Post $9.99 shipping you will get your order in 7-10 days. the cheap $4.99 shiping can take up to 67 days.
Shipping options are different to different countries, also different depending on how large or heavy the package is. For small light packages to the UK, there sometimes will be a "UK Direct Channel" option. Use that and the package will arrive in less that 2 weeks. And no Customs hangups. Seems like they consolidate a bunch of small orders, courier them to the UK, then the courier company splits them up and send them out by Royal Mail or Parcelforce. Not always the cheapest option, but worth the extra couple of quid/bucks.

Funny thing, that head in the UK that I linked to, I'm sure it is the RJX head (unless it is a HK copy of the RJX head). But HK also list a RJX head for 450, it's $40 !
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...450_HK450.html
So at $12, the first one is a bargain
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in