Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Macbook Pro and Phoenix Flight Sim

I have a new 2011 Macbook Pro and after really thinking about it, I have decided I want to put my Phoenix flight sim on it also. I have an older white macbook that I have it on currently and using it with Windows XP SP2 with bootcamp. It runs pretty good also mainly because that is the only thing that is on that partition now. (Used to do some paperwork on it for work but do not anymore). Am I correct on saying that the new Macbook Pro's only use Windows 7 for Bootcamp? That is what is popping up when I go to the bootcamp assistant and it asked that. I have a Windows Xp SP2 install disc, do I need to purchase or find a Windows 7 install disc to do the part ion using bootcamp? Thanks
mini73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey I had the same problem, managed to get a copy of windows 7 from a friend. It runs fine on that, I was lucky that I didn't have to buy a copy of windows. Im pretty sure you will need 7.
evad1980 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a late model 2008 Macbook Pro with Intel chipset. I wanted to run windows thru VMware Fusion 4 rather than go thru Boot Camp. Worked for about a minute on XP but crashed and burned with Vista. Works beautifully now with Windows 7.
AMA #993892
Angioguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad1980 View Post
Hey I had the same problem, managed to get a copy of windows 7 from a friend. It runs fine on that, I was lucky that I didn't have to buy a copy of windows. Im pretty sure you will need 7.
Yeah. I was thinking this too. I trIed running my xp install on it and boot camp assistant did not see it running. Need to find a good place to buy a copy of windows I guess.

Last edited by mini73; 05-17-2012 at 04:49 AM..
mini73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it helps anyone, I have a mid 2009 MacBook Pro (Core2 Duo 2.53 Ghz, 4GB Ram + GeForce 9600M GT. I'm running Window 7 through Parallels. On low settings (which look pretty good), it is running incredibly well.
helifred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in