Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Binding question

Does any one else have this issue? Almost every I want to fly the mQX I have to rebind it. I don't think there is anything wrong with my radio. It holds it's bind with every other model. But the mQX starts the rapid blink about 5 out of six times when I turn it on. And some times it even takes a couple of attempts before it takes the bind.

So, is this normal or should I be contacting Horizon?
jlharv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had that happen once in a while when I don't fully plug in the battery it will do it but it comes right out of it without too much issue. I do not have to re-bind it to my DX6i at all, just re-plug in the battery.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Might sound dumb, but are you powering the transmitter BEFORE the mQX? If not, the mQX will automatically go in bind mode.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Not a dumb question. But, yes I do power the radio first. In fact they say to power the radio and wait a while to make sure it has found available channels. So yes I power it first and yes I wait a bit, still no luck. It is easy enough to bind. But it seems when something is wrong it usually gets worse. So I think I should deal with it before it doesn't bind at all. And while it is still new (before I crash the heck out of it and they say I broke it).
Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just picked up mine today, very neat machine I must say!!! I've noticed that it binds ever time as long as your a certain distance away, and seems to take longer than all my other blade products to bind, but after 8 packs through it, it has bound each time unless I plug the Q in first. As one would expect with all DSM stuff.
Just what I've noticed.
Hobiej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

are your transmitter batteries low? or are you using rechargeable batteries in it? rechargeable batteries do not put out the same 1.5 volts as disposables, they are only 1.2 volts. so instead of getting 6 volts you would only be getting 4.8 volts. its possibl that if the batteries are weak that the mqx isnt detecting the radio and going into bind mode. just a thought
diabolic-mind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a note in/with my rtf to wait 5 seconds after turning transmitter on before connecting flight battery. Somthing to do with finding available "slots".
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes fully charged batteries and tried waiting for the radio to find open channels. Tried it further away etc. I think I have done everything that I have ever read or been told. Then I switched to my 11x and it bound and worked perfectly the first time and every time since then. So now my quest is to find out what is up with my 9303. It seems to hold a bind with other stuff just fine. Maybe I just need to make a new model for the mQX and try again. Or I know some of the early build DX8 had problems with the higher number models not working right. So maybe try it on a lower number model etc. So I have some more trouble shooting to do.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My MQX has exactly the same behaviour, but what I've found works for me is to power up the Tx, then immediately (less than 2sec) plug in the MQX. This results in a good connection 9/10 times now. Also I had gotten into a bad habit of turning off the Tx before the MQX and this forced me to re-bind everytime.
Haket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will try to plug in the mQX faster. This is opposite of what Horizon recommends, but I have nothing to lose by trying. And I never shut off the radio first.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

i have 2 mqx's one for me and my wife . They both have the same behavior that you guys have been talking about. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I will try everything mentioned above to see if anything helps.
ninj4frog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in