Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think my gauge is ok it don't jump up like that. So I went to Home Depot and bought a couple bubble levels. Needless to say my heli was not level at all I guess the head is a little lower in the front. I had to raise the front skids about a 1/4 inch. I put a level along the head and zero the gauge. Then mechaniclly set the head again it was out 1/2 turn on one link. I checked the pitch with the blades front to back and got 0.02 then took the gauge off and turn the blades and got 0.00. That should be good enough. I hope I did this correctly. When you do turn the blades side to side do you also need to get zero there.
panamacitymustang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I check my blade pitch with the blades at 90 degrees to the heli. I get both as close to 0 at mid stick as I can, and then don't worry about it. All my helis are super smooth and blades track perfectly in their first flight, so it works for me.
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may try to do the wizards all over again. I have a little more understanding of the heli now. Not sure yet.
panamacitymustang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so I started over from the first wizard and to be honest I feel alot more confident In my set up. I finished up the second wizard but I was a little unclear on some things like when I tried to set the cyclic gain on my gear switch but I couldn't get the blue bar to move with any switch I tried. So I just set it on the cyclic lock on 50%. I will try to get the third wizard done tomorrow if possible.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamacitymustang View Post
Ok so I started over from the first wizard and to be honest I feel alot more confident In my set up. I finished up the second wizard but I was a little unclear on some things like when I tried to set the cyclic gain on my gear switch but I couldn't get the blue bar to move with any switch I tried. So I just set it on the cyclic lock on 50%. I will try to get the third wizard done tomorrow if possible.
What TX are you using again, and what function is assigned to your gear switch in the TX?

You will just need to go and set that particular functions end points just like you would setting up rate or HH gain on a regulator tail gyro. I have the DX8 and the gear switch on the DX8 can be a litte tricky to figure out what it needs to be to set to in order to get it to move, but its easy once you get it. Go to the monitor function in your TX and see if flipping the gear switch moves the gear channel in the display. I suspect that yours isn't changing anything yet, and this is your issue.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a dx6i. On the wizard it said to set the cyclic gain and tail gain on the gear switch it said if you don't have enough channels to set the cyclic gain on lock at 50% so that's what I did.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamacitymustang View Post
I have a dx6i. On the wizard it said to set the cyclic gain and tail gain on the gear switch it said if you don't have enough channels to set the cyclic gain on lock at 50% so that's what I did.
Yeah, the DX6i gear switch is also the flight mode switch. Your going to want to use it as the flight mode function so you can go into idle up and switch between different throttle and pitch curves.
You can get her going with the stock setups and gains and see if you like them. If you are happy, you can keep them locked like you have them now and not worry about it, or set up bank switching later if you want it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah that's what I thought I know it's the iu switch. So should I put the tail gain back to the stock setting aux in the wizard
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will I be able to use the gov.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need a digital phase rpm sensor, but otherwise yes. Once the governor is set its always on. It doesn't need any switches or extra channels.
neoalchemist74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

When doing the throttle wizard on step 5 on a electric heli it says to set Throttle hold position so the electric motor turns off. I have a dx6i so would I just go into the tx throttle curves flip on the throttle hold and set a flat 0 curve. I'm still learning sorry.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. Hold is its own flight mode with its own throttle and pitch curve, so make sure you are changing the H throttle curve and not the normal or idle up curve.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you icnu I appreciate all the help you been giving me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in