Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklemming View Post
Have you tried the MSRX blades? If you really want an MSRX the MSRX blades would work great. I use them one of my nanos and it flies exactly like my MSRX only better. I am running it fixed pitch though. Tried your suggestion of MSR blades and even ordered some CB100 blades and cant see why anyone would want that. Sure you get really low head speeds but on both my nanos are extremely twitchy with these blades and I spent alot of time with setup as I really wanted it to work.

MSRX blades for me!
I think you should check your feathering shaft. Probably it is bent.

You should try putting silicone orings also... they work very good even with slightly bent spindle:

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...copter_O-rings

Idea of stretching Nano to mCP X bladea is interesting. I would recommend it for brushless moded Nanos. Only problem to fix is blade grips... mCP X blades are thicker and have to be trimmed or we can use mCP X head on Nano. It will require also longer boom... easy to fix using cheap solid CF rod. BL tail motor would be also recommended. Now it should be easy to implement with double (main/tail) BL controlers available at HobbyKing.

In fact I am a big fan of stretching and love my T-Rex 600e stretched to 690mm blades... it is my favourite bird, weight only 2.9kg without lipos. Nano is great for winter season to have fun indoors.
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilds View Post
Has anyone tried the MSR blades intended for inverted flight? Curious to see what happens but don't have a set to destroy
I did a loop with mSR blades outdoor. It is easy. 3D and inverted hover is not possible. But... with assymetrical blades on full throttle Nano is FASTER in forward flight than with stock blades.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklemming View Post
MSRX blades for me!
I wonder what is size difference?

Can you upload a photo comparing sizes of Nano and mSR X blades, please?

I do not have mSR X blades around... yet
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
I'm up for that, I'd suggest a name change though to reflect, easier flying, indoor, noob friendly etc
Sure... no problemo
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
I am so glad you share good experience with my mod. Should we ask to make this thread "sticky"?

I have two Nano's and did not break any parts after over 200 flights with them using mSR blades...

Main motors are still strong as new. I use DX4e and I ude "Lo" rates and trim throttle to minimum. It can additionally lower main rotor RPM.

I have found Solo Pro V2 tail rotor blades work best with this mod.

I also received today silicon orings 001 and 002 size and highly recomend them.

Here you'll find details:

Outdoor I will put original blades for 3D, but indoors I prefer mSR's blades.
+++ indoor flying
iamfor3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried the MSR blades and could not believe the difference. I then tried some MSRx blades I have and still very tame, not quite as much as the MSR blades, but very manageable.

Here is an image of the three blades. From left, Nano (badly beat up), MSRx, MSR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2468.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	382466  
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj View Post
I tried the MSR blades and could not believe the difference. I then tried some MSRx blades I have and still very tame, not quite as much as the MSR blades, but very manageable.

Here is an image of the three blades. From left, Nano (badly beat up), MSRx, MSR
And in diferences you note what using msr baldes??

What TX you use?
what settings if not the dx4e?
targetingxmod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj View Post

Thank you for the photo. Now it is quite obvious why mSR blades produce much more lift...
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcpx blades might be good. A guy at store made some fit and said they work fine. Whatever that means

Msr blades make more lift yes very floaty lol
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Msr blades (...) very floaty lol
Are you flying mSR blades in idle up? You should use them in normal mode to decrease main rotor RPM.

Mine is not floaty AT ALL. Rock solid stable.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered some ugly green glow-in-the-dark mSR blades from Hop Me Up that are on sale for $1.45! Gonna give this a try as I stopped flying my Nano indoors due to too much congestion (pool table, pool table light, bar stools, etc.) causing too many crashes from my lack of skills and the Nano being quick and a bit squirelly.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
Are you flying mSR blades in idle up? You should use them in normal mode to decrease main rotor RPM.

Mine is not floaty AT ALL. Rock solid stable.

Is brushless so always in idle up lol (idle up only). I fly them idle up 65% governed head speed on hp03, collective pitch. Love it.

I haven't even really messed with the tx yet to dial it in.
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holy Cow! This is a great mod for anyone who bought the Nano as a first helicopter. I was one of the ones who bought the Nano thinking it was small and simple enough to learn on without ANY experience what-so-ever. I was starting to grasp the controlls after around the 5th or so flight with basic hovering becoming more and more easy with every touchdown and takeoff. I switched to the msr blades after around flight 7.Of course this was also 3 landing skids, 2 sets of main blades and a tail boom later unfortunately but you live and learn. This mod turned the machine into a perfect training platform. I also upgraded radios and went to the dx6i... and yet another massive ease in controlability. so far so good, extremely happy. Today I am going to throw the Nano blades back on and see what the improvement has been in basic flight. Thanks again!

Ps. Does anyone notice a slight zipping sound and a quick wobble almost like a slip when throttle is pulled back then reapplied suddenly? almost like the load from the bigger blades is causing an issue? Just something I have noticed....
Elevatedconcept is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Is brushless so always in idle up lol (idle up only). I fly them idle up 65% governed head speed on hp03, collective pitch. Love it.

Try programming throttle curve from 0 to 100%. This way you'll achieve lowest head speed and much more stability.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevatedconcept View Post
Ps. Does anyone notice a slight zipping sound and a quick wobble almost like a slip when throttle is pulled back then reapplied suddenly? almost like the load from the bigger blades is causing an issue? Just something I have noticed....
My first guess is bent feathering shaft. Check it and if it is bent try to straighten it up or replace with new.

Change orings using those:

Check thightness of feathering spindle.

I am glad this mod helped.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #56 (permalink)

Keep in mind. Those glow in dark material is much more brittle from my experience. I break them easily compared to the regular black plastic version.

But the price they are clearing them out at is great.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info!! Jumped from an MCX to a Nano thinking it would be a piece of cake. I was so wrong! Broke a servo, swash plate (4x), landing skid and canopy mounts (multiple times) before swapping the blades. Although I've improved a lot, swapping the blades to MSR blades makes it WAY easier to handle. And then theres the flight time! 8 min 55 sec!! Never did actually time the flights before the swap but I'm sure they were way shorter. Thanks again!!
executive8468 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

What pitch curves are you using with this setup?
linklemming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #59 (permalink)

After hundreds of flights my two Nanos are still in a great shape. I did not break any original parts.

Both motors are still strong.

Now I do prefer mSR blades over CB100 blades. mSR blades are shorter, stronger, less stif but heli is more precise and has less inertia.

FP100 canpies are much stronger than Solo Pro ones and survived many mild crashes without a scratch. They are my fovourite.

Right upper canopy mount broke finally but drop of CA can fix that in seconds.

Sylicone orings do the job. HIGHLY recommended.

I can not wait for Orange DSM2 transmitter. I wart to put it in TGY 9X with Open 9X firmware to set throttle curves for indoor flips&rolls.

Currently I still use DX4e and it works fine for normal mode indoors and idle up outdoors.

Do I like Nano? Definitely YES! Mainly due to crash ressistance, indoor flying, stability, cheap lipos and tons of fun. 700 And 600 are waiting for spring... Weather here is bad for flying.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, newb here. The msr blades seem to take a shorter screw with smaller diameter. I assume I need to widen the hole in the msr blades? If so, how, or with what tool?
Laid back is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in