Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default two new Bee videos

just havin some fun working on a little higher with the green one and a little faster with the yellow one .

GSB81813 (6 min 27 sec)

YSB81813 (6 min 37 sec)
spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice and smooth "scale" flying.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice spooner, very smooth and controlled. Making the Bee look easy to fly, isn’t a easy thing to do…great job!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks Fella's .
the two little boys had me a nervous wreck, lol, but i kept my cool . some day Hankster... i will be able to fly a Bee like you do, except for that backwards flying... think i will leave that one alone, lol .
Old 08-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I see in these videos, your piloting skill are right there with mine. For scale flying you are definitely rocking it…now for yard ripping. I know you probably don’t want to hear this brother, but a stock flybar Bee head is only going to perform so well. Cyclic response is so very slow with the stock head and being that slow really makes it hard to rip the air with the Bee. If that‘s what you want to do with the Bee someday. I know you didn’t like the Xtreme metal head with bell/hiller setup, but my cheap $13.00 bell/hill mod does work well and if you don’t like it, it’s easy to reverse. The difference in the way the B/H Bee handles is night and day. Either way, I think it’s awesome you are still rocking out the Bee and showing people how much fun this bird can be.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Hankster . scale flying is kinda where my heart is with the Bee's. they actually will fly fairly fast with the mods i have in them, but you are right on the mark, and the cyclic response only goes so far with them even with these mods, and i am ok with that . i enjoy just tooling around my little flying area at an even pace, enjoying watching how well they fly. the truth is, that once i get a little more comfortable a little higher up, i will be pretty happy . the yard ripping i reserve for my two little mcpx2's, lol, and i rip them pretty hard in forward flight .

had this one out today and havent flown it in ages, but had an open window and gave it some attention for a change . she is just a smooth and graceful flying, awesome looking heli... modeled after the one you built.
OSB 82113 (6 min 30 sec)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
Thanks Hankster . scale flying is kinda where my heart is with the Bee's. they actually will fly fairly fast with the mods i have in them, but you are right on the mark, and the cyclic response only goes so far with them even with these mods, and i am ok with that . i enjoy just tooling around my little flying area at an even pace, enjoying watching how well they fly. the truth is, that once i get a little more comfortable a little higher up, i will be pretty happy . the yard ripping i reserve for my two little mcpx2's, lol, and i rip them pretty hard in forward flight .

had this one out today and havent flown it in ages, but had an open window and gave it some attention for a change . she is just a smooth and graceful flying, awesome looking heli... modeled after the one you built.
OSB 82113 - YouTube

Man spooner, you have definitely mastered the Bee…great flying!

I hear you brother and I know you enjoy scale flying with your Bees. The thing is, after watching your videos and seeing your skill with the Bee. I just know you would be ripping the air hardcore with your Bees just like I use to, if you had faster cyclic to work with. Now that I know you have two mcpx’s, scratch everything I said. Those puppies rip the air plenty, so I understand why you would leave the Bee’s the way you have them.

P.S. I don’t really fly my Bee’s anymore, for the most part they are retired…just collecting dust waiting for my son to get good enough to fly them. But hearing the sound of the cp3 DD tail motor in your video brought back memories and had me thinking of taking one out and knocking the dust off it.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks Hankster... yeah, my heart is with scale, especially with the orange one. these two little stock mcpx2's really can move. they are meant to fly fast and i still cant believe how stable and tough they are. it is a blast flying them at speed and they are teaching me collective management skills and basic collective set up.

i may just give this bell hiller mod you invented a try on the green one? i have been looking over the procedure in your thread, and the green Bee would be the ideal choice for it. ive got some final upgrades to do to the second mcpx i built, but may give this a try after it is finished. i like the fact that i can use my stock head setup, and is cheap to do. even if i stick with scale flying... it would definitely be a benefit .

it would be awesome to see you in the air with a Bee again... especially that backwards flying, lol. you are definitely the Bee master brother!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet, so there’s a chance you’ll give the B/H mod a try…that would be awesome! If you need any parts, just let me know.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Sweet, so there’s a chance you’ll give the B/H mod a try…that would be awesome! If you need any parts, just let me know.
...i will order the set this week. i was reading through the rest of that thread last night as saw it mentioned that the stock swashplate could possibly separate under the load of the B/H? i wont be flying crazy or anything, so am hoping that the stock one will be ok to use? i cant afford to buy another extreme swash right now, so i will just go easy on the sticks until i can . it is a shame they discontinued the V1 center hub set, but the stock one should be more than strong enough for this
ill keep ya posted Brother, but looks like i will be doing some "experimenting" later this week .
getting batteries charged up for the mcpx'2's, have the Bee batteries ready... just waiting for my chance to run out the door, lol .
edit:
it is ordered! this was a hard to find item Hankster. only two suppliers had it and thinkrc i wont touch due to their high shipping rates. miracle mart would have been ideal at half the cost of everyone else but they were out of stock. i ended up getting it from slickzero. they are fast in shipping, so should see it here by wednesday . hopefully, the linkage set up is straight forward and easy? will keep you posted.

ok, the rotor head is modded. i actually took a micro dremel drill bit and made the holes first. i saw where Dan mentioned using a washer, and i had these little spacer washers from an old generic cnc set from a Big Lama and this is what i ended up with . hopefully, this will work out ok?

Last edited by spoonerrw; 08-25-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good spooner
Just be careful using those washers on the outside of the control arms. If the washer is too big in diameter, it will cause the control arms to bind up on the rotor head.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks Hankster... i have a smaller size in my box, but wont know for sure which ones to use until i have the set in hand. if the bearings are the same size as the original tail drive bearings... i should be ok, hopefully? i am a bit nervous about this Buddy, not sure what to expect, not sure about the link set up and adjustment lengths of the additional rods, so hoping the directions are really clear .
should i plan on a cnc swashplate using this, or do you think the stock one will be ok under normal scale flying?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The B/H mixing arms do come with instructions and for the most part, the instructions are straight forward. The links from the arms to the swash will have to be put together and if I remember right, the instructions tell you to set the gap between the ball link ends to 3.5mm. This dimension is a good starting point, but it’s not set in stone. Especially when doing my B/H mod. The key is not having the head bind horribly when the swash is fully tilted in any directions.

For now Bud, hold off on getting the metal swash. The stock swash should hold up for a while, at least long enough for you to decide whether or not you like the mod. If you do, then I would suggest getting the metal swash.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok, thanks Buddy . the set should be here today or tomorrow and i will look everything over before i put it together. i will keep ya posted .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in