Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 01:14 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mind blowing level of control, its not just the moves, its the fact they they're placed exactly where he wants them every time.

Great work by the cameraman too, top notch video all round :-)
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Incredible Kyle Stacy flight, new BK 7002hv servos coming Aug 3rd

Insane flying Kyle! He probably is my favorite pilot, nobody can beat it up and be as precise as him, two years ago I was looking around on the Internet and my dad flew helis but I didn't, so I stumbled on videos of Kyle and bert with the original goblins and knew in like 3 videos that this was for me! Amazing job buddy and don't listen to these clowns trying to bring you down, we all know what's going on. With all the social media crap that pops up you handle it with absolute class, especially that guy taking shots at you with Bk's body paint picture in France, your a professional in all aspects! Again amazing flight and keep it up brother!
helisfault is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 03:22 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismatic View Post
Too fast and too close for comfort. All it takes is one malfunction and he (or a spectator) can easily be killed. Murphy's law states anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong. And at those speeds the odds are not in his favor.

The Cheeto dust on his finger could cause the gimbal stick to slip and in less than 1 second his responsible for property damage, or worse...

R/C helicopters is a neat hobby but this type of flying is not what I signed up for. What's the goal here? To go as fast as possible and make it seem the helicopter is barely under control?

Where does it end? Why stop at 3000 headspeed? Why not 6000 and make the servos so quick they melt instantly unless they liquid cooled? Great now the heli is so fast we cant even see it.

Wha ever happened to nice smooth CONTROLLED flying? Scale flying and aerobatics? A nice calm flight on a Sunday afternoon?

Dude ... Seriously u are in wrong forum.. pls join barbiedolls forum for discussion .
Xfreak3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 05:03 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pumped about new BK servos.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:27 AM   #65 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfreak3D View Post
Dude ... Seriously u are in wrong forum.. pls join barbiedolls forum for discussion .
We've addressed this - move on please!
Old 07-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not everyone has guys flying like this as he's one of the very best in the world.

But...yes I have one of the very best flyers in Aus at my field and he's a 3D maniac. I am always in awe of his flying and he is a great inspiration to me personally as he has shown me what I could 'potentially' achieve with years of dedication (and some serious luck ).

I fly pretty decently for my age/time in the hobby too so I guess I'm in your cross hairs as well.

I was always quite scared of standing next to 3D flying as I'm not stupid (things do fail and mistakes can be made) but it's not like it's car racing or riding a bucking broncho.

People flying like this are 'in control'. No control = instant crash.

You obviously know this as the instant you lose orientation doing your simplistic upright circle, you know you are an instant away from crashing. There is no barely and you know it.

You cannot fly like that without nth degree control.

A drunk jibe now. Classy stuff.

Quote:
So you're telling me when you drive to the club, and you have guys flying like this you are not the least bit concerned?

Let's be honest here, the helicopter in the video is BARELY in control. A lot of the stunts are downright dangerous, and who even knows if the pilot is 100% sober?

You are placing a large amount of trust in the pilot that he wont lose control.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #67 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I think we have addressed that prismatic's view is not shared by most here. Unless you train to fly in this style, you have no basis on which to judge whether a video of an incident free flight of this style is in control or not.

What prismatic's view does show is the reason behind the prejudice a number of clubs have against 3D helicopter flying. It's a lack of knowledge in the style that forms the view that if they cannot follow what the model is doing, then it's out of control. This is why to the general populous, inverted hovering is "amazing", big air moves are "incredible" (loops, rolls, travelling flips, inverted circuits, cuban 8's, stall turns, etc..) and 3D is "dangerous" or "MEGO (my eyes glaze over)" (piro-flips, piro loops/circuits, high speed tic-toc's (normal, piro, 4 point, 12 point), dismount autos, anything F3N K8 factor and higher ...).

Kyles flight was NEVER within 10 meters of him until the autorotation landing. It was in excellent control the entire time (in fact all moves were started well away from him and would have shown signs of mechanical failure prior to being in a dangerous situation).

With 1000's of hours practice at controlling these potentially dangerous machines, Kyle's flight shows why he is considered one of the best (if not the best) in the world at this style of flying.

I fly at FTF's club. There are members who fly there that I do not feel comfortable when they are in the air. Pilots who fly outside their comfort zone and do not realize close to out of control they are, or do not know when a machine has problems and continue to fly it.

Even though FTF flys pretty hard, I am comfortable to stand next to him when he is flying. He keeps the model in the safe zone at all times and knows when it is safe to push and when to not.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:04 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stupid incredible flying!.

Hot sure how DTS feels about the re-mix of the DTS Experience audio for the BKServo logo... lol
DTS 5.1 - The Digital Experience - Intro (HD 1080p) (0 min 42 sec)

Last edited by sl4ppy; 07-26-2015 at 08:38 PM..
sl4ppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 08:23 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

DTS is not a Dolby technology...
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's just my opinion and I realize not everybody agrees. But if this kind of flying was being done at my club I would file a complaint. Or find a new club.
Hopefully find a new club....
EC225LP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Amazing collective management!! The transitions are so smooth. Another awesome product from BK. It's great to see the thermo efficient case style being used on the standard coreless line. Can't wait to get my set!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome flight Kyle , some pretty unusual maneuvers and transitions not predictable at all.
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

great flight kyle!i picked up a goblin 500 recently and have been watching a lot of your videos.amazing talent.
biffo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kyle, great flying as always. See you at IRCHA.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need new servos.

Because my old ones are really what's preventing me form flying like that...

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not trolling. I actually have a legitimate argument.

So you're telling me when you drive to the club, and you have guys flying like this you are not the least bit concerned?

Let's be honest here, the helicopter in the video is BARELY in control. A lot of the stunts are downright dangerous, and who even knows if the pilot is 100% sober?

You are placing a large amount of trust in the pilot that he wont lose control.
you should hang out in the safety forum more often... That seems like your zen place.

But have you ever been to a full scale aerobatic comp, or even an airshow? Those planks LOOK completely out of control, but they are not. That actually the point of many aerobatic maneuvers: to do moves that look as though they are impossible. The same is true for advanced r/c heli 3D. It looks out of control but these guys are professionals. This is what they get paid to do.

Now, you'd have a point if this pilot was smacking it around in a grocery store parking lot around a bunch of people, because you are right in that sometimes things just fail, and no one is perfect. But this guy was basically the only person there besides the cameraman (that we could see). And even if there were 1000 people behind him, he never once got close to the flight box perimeter and was in control the whole time.

So go over to the safety forum if you want to complain about a professional pilot doing 3D in a very controlled environment. You'll get basically the same reaction is you did here.

EDIT:

I also don't think that being a proficient 3D pilot is a prerequisite for forming an opinion on flight safety, so maybe some of you guys need to back off the name calling and questioning of his flight skills. K?

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)

Last edited by jbrandt; 07-28-2015 at 10:37 AM..
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow Kyle, what sort of physics defying black magic anti-gravity unit are you running on that thing?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've watched Kyle progress over a lot of years. He is very talented pilot. Here's a video from 2006, flying a Blade CP. if you have not ever owned or flown a Blade CP you don't even know the struggles of true RC helicopter flight. He did a pretty good job at the time. I don't know his age in 2006, but I would guess 9.. Maybe!?

The 2006 World Micro and Mini Radio Control Helicopter Cup- Kyle Stacy (4 min 51 sec)
wacojoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 10:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kyle has changed a lot, but Ray sure hasn't changed other than like me more grey hair.
Heck of a pilot even back then.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 08:02 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So is Kyle flying full time or is he working a 9 - 5 job and still becoming this awesome?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in