Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #81 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree. I traded the nx4 for a x5 formula it was just getting too much. I ended up ordering a gaui 37 to make it complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abaksa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys!
Im new to gasser and need some advice.Is it normal for the engine temp reach 160++deg celcius just on sport flight?I already break in as suggested on forum and quite happy with the perfomance. Now is just the engine temp.that I worried about.what is the maximum temp for this engine anyway? FYI i live in asia and temperture here are around 34deg celcius at daytime.
lpiang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

gas motors burn much hotter than nitro motors. i have not flown this particular motor, but all zenoahs get much hotter. i have seen some of my zenoah motors in the 385F range with a tuned pipe installed. (that is very hot, and if you dont know how to tune just right you will melt one, so be careful getting much hotter....) i highly doubt the gaui gas motor is capable of getting that hot though.

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for reply.I have few more flights yesterday and so far so good.temp were just arround 160 deg cels.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:16 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still breaking my T-10 in, but I've found the T-10 temps vary based in location measured. I installed a thermal probe between the 2nd and 3rd head fin and measure 10-15C cooler then the cylinder fin closest at the base of the head. I've measured similar differences by IR gun. I'm using the Lynx fan.

I'd like to get more consistent information.

What fan are you using? Stock Gaui plastic fan, Gaui metal upgrade fan, or Lynx aftermarket fan?
Where are you measuring the temp?
Old 12-24-2014, 12:28 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the gaui stock plastic fan and i meassure temp at the area that have the mark '10' as suggested by our member here.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

the only thing that absolutely matters is that you take the temp in the exact same place every time. that way you get a baseline and a good idea of how it is running. this is true with zenoah motors too. you an get upwards of 100F difference from different places on the cylinder.

just keep on testing in the same place and you should be ok.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:43 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I would like to get a Gaui nx4 gasser combo kit and I have a question:
Do I need to purchase separately a voltage regulator?

I will use 2x 2S Lipos: one for the CDI (I dont need a regulator), and the other one for the vbar and servos (my question is for vbar and servos)

Many thanks
bensinyor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensinyor View Post
Hi,

I would like to get a Gaui nx4 gasser combo kit and I have a question:
Do I need to purchase separately a voltage regulator?

I will use 2x 2S Lipos: one for the CDI (I dont need a regulator), and the other one for the vbar and servos (my question is for vbar and servos)

Many thanks
Unless you have HV servos, you need a regulator. You can use a LiFe pack for the RX & standard servos without a regulator. A challenge with the NX4 gasser is mounting everything within the very tight canopy. There is very little room
Old 01-26-2015, 01:52 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Distructor many thanks.

I am planning to buy gaui combo:
http://www.gaui.jp/category-848/cate...bo-313010.html

I will use stock servos and I could not understand if they are HV or not.
You are saying, if they are HV I can go with a 2S LiPo, if not a 2SLiFePo (for the TX and servos) will be fine?

Sorry, this may be too easy but I am new to gassers and Gaui did not indicate full specs of these servos
Old 01-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

@bensinyor
A couple of good videos to watch:

Bobby Watts NX4 video discusses a setup the I think most NX4 nitro builders have followed when adopting LiFe for the RX pack : https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...02&postcount=1 .

And Doug's NX4 Gasser discussion at the IRCHA 2014 Gas Powered Thoughts: https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=12 .

In Doug's NX4 Gasser discussion, he mentions that he flies with one LiFe for both CDI and RX. Some other builders say you must use two power sources for the NX4 gasser because of RF interference. Maybe some brands of radios have a higher tolerance of RF interference, but I'm to chicken to try one battery, so I use a small (because of space) 850ma 2S lipo for CDI, and a 1400ma LiFe for RX.

Last edited by distructor; 01-30-2015 at 08:09 PM..
distructor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 03:56 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoats View Post
I haven't done my usual Soko tool setup yet but another pitch gauge showed +/-12. It may have been wrong of course.

For my muffler, I installed M3 nord-lock washers and plain M3 nuts from McMaster. I had to dremel a little on the pipe manifold to get enough clearance but they have held well. If you want a few sets, let me know and we can work something out.

Maybe tomorrow morning I will post some pictures.
Hi,

My engine also starts at half throttle opening, with the needle settings recommended by the factory.
The only difference is that, I am using 1:8 oil compared to 1:9 of Gaui technical team suggestions and 1:10 of manual.
However, I dont think using 1:8 oil ratio would need half throttle opening.
Perhaps I should lean a little, any suggestions are welcome...
Old 07-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoats View Post
Where are your needles set now that you have your engines done with the break-in? How far open is the carburetor for starting/throttle hold?

My needles were on the lean side so I put them back into the slightly rich side of the recommended settings. Now the carb is around 45-50% open just to start/idle. That seems a bit excessive and will no doubt be hard on the governor.
Hi Stoats,

Could you figure out the reason of 50% throttle opening for start/idling?
Is it still the case for your engine?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So what is the verdict on the Gaui T-10 anyone still ??

So Is anyone still flying the T10? Is it holding up or is it a DUD?
I'm looking for something small and easy to Grab and Go..
I love my Goblin 770 but I am getting less and less time to sit and charge and fly.
I miss my old Min Air gasser and running a 90 or larger nitro at over 20 bucks a gallon is something I can no longer do..

So my question is,,, is the T-10 a pile of Shi😢 or is it worth the time...
Thanks for any and all input.
helidog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished breaking mine in on the stand this weekend. I will be installing in the airframe and flying in the next week or week and a half. I will update then. keep your eyes out.

I will say this though, it MUST be broken in properly. this is not like a nitro, gas motors are a different animal, and have to be treated as such. babied very carefully for the first 2-3 gallons. I idled out an entire gallon on my stand.

it is also good practice to break in a gasser using NON synthetic oil for the first gallon, then swapping over to synthetic after the first gallon. that will help the ring seat in quicker. it can take 7-8 gallons to fully seat a ring if you use synthetic from the start. it usually seats in fully somewhere between 2-4 +/- when you run your first gallon non synthetic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in