Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx6 disable gyro in normal mode for the rudder

I disable the gyro on Align gf780, but the rubber is not working. What is the correct setup for dx6?
tecboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

DX6G2. Right?

Look here

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
and here
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=207358
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, it's dx6 g2. My older dx6i can turns off gyro and runs in normal mode. I think I can't do that on my new dx6 g2. I worry in case my gyro fails, so I can use the normal tail mode as backup for emergency landing.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Yes, it's dx6 g2. My older dx6i can turns off gyro and runs in normal mode. I think I can't do that on my new dx6 g2. I worry in case my gyro fails, so I can use the normal tail mode as backup for emergency landing.
Do you mean you want a switch to go from Heading Hold to Rate Mode (sorry, "disable gyro" does not mean much to me)?

Gyro failing??
Old 01-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Do you mean you want a switch to go from Heading Hold to Rate Mode (sorry, "disable gyro" does not mean much to me)?

Gyro failing??
I think that is what I mean. I have been out of rc heli for a very long time, and starting to get back into it. I have had several older gyros failed in the past. The tail twitched. I adjusted gain value but didn't help. Another one doesn't head lock.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I think I see what you mean. On your DX6i the numbers in the menu for gyro gain were 0-100. 50 was center. The 780 gyro manual states generally the same. 0-49 Normal/Rate gain. 51-100 Heading Hold/Head Lock gain.
Your DX6G2 works a bit different. The Gyro menu values are -100/0/+100
with 0(zero) being center or Off. For Heading Hold values go to the + side
and for Normal/Rate gain go towards the - side.

You might be planning for a failure that isnt likely to occur. Im not sure what type of gyro you used previously of how long you have been away
but if you were using a mechanical type gyro these newer electronic gyros are 1000 or more times more reliable. You are far more likely to have a servo or linkage problem before the gyro itself fails.
If you were using a piezo type they did tend to be funky sometimes but generally didnt totally fail.The biggest problem with gyros is how you mount them and if vibration can get into them and make them confused. If yout tail gets twitchy or jumpy its more likely a vibration or mechanical binding problem.

If you were used to flying with a Normal/Rate mode gyro that might be more comfortable to start with again.

Anyway... Follow the 780 manual. In the part where it says what the gain values are substitute where it says Normal 0-49 for -100 to 0 in your G2 radio.And for Heading it says 50-100. In your G2 Heading gain is 0 to +100. That should get you going.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Ok I think I see what you mean. On your DX6i the numbers in the menu for gyro gain were 0-100. 50 was center. The 780 gyro manual states generally the same. 0-49 Normal/Rate gain. 51-100 Heading Hold/Head Lock gain.
Your DX6G2 works a bit different. The Gyro menu values are -100/0/+100
with 0(zero) being center or Off. For Heading Hold values go to the + side
and for Normal/Rate gain go towards the - side.

You might be planning for a failure that isnt likely to occur. Im not sure what type of gyro you used previously of how long you have been away
but if you were using a mechanical type gyro these newer electronic gyros are 1000 or more times more reliable. You are far more likely to have a servo or linkage problem before the gyro itself fails.
If you were using a piezo type they did tend to be funky sometimes but generally didnt totally fail.The biggest problem with gyros is how you mount them and if vibration can get into them and make them confused. If yout tail gets twitchy or jumpy its more likely a vibration or mechanical binding problem.

If you were used to flying with a Normal/Rate mode gyro that might be more comfortable to start with again.

Anyway... Follow the 780 manual. In the part where it says what the gain values are substitute where it says Normal 0-49 for -100 to 0 in your G2 radio.And for Heading it says 50-100. In your G2 Heading gain is 0 to +100. That should get you going.
Got it, thx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in