Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hitec aurora 9 vs futaba t8fgh

wich one?? i woould like to get a new radio.... the only thing that makes it to choose one is the feature the hitec has - shows the rx battery voltage (like the multiplex royal)...
i think that futaba resolution is higher right??
RoiA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello
Take the aurora
cheaper in all things like transmitter and receiver.
Better display, touchscreen, same features as the t8 plus the telemetry.
Why pay more for Futaba ?
In the german forums there are so many futaba owner who canīt believe there are better things than Futaba.
I did 12 flights so far with the hitec and no problem whatsoever. Flew the little protos till sightline and came back in one piece.
For me the system works.
Greetings
fishtank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default thanks for answering

i'm still thinking about it... today i'll call readyheli and ask them some technical stuff
RoiA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

definetley go for the Aurora some of its features are just INCREDIBLE for a radio of that price! and it is SEXY the Futaba looks like some kind of walmart toy! and it costs more for less channels!? And one of the ebst things about the Aurora is that you get a receiver when you buy it but you ALSO get a coupon for another free receiver!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I also had to make a decision between these two tx's. I'm going with the 8FG for latency and resolution reasons.

Latency:
Aurora 14ms
8FG in HS mode 7ms

Resolution:
Aurora 1024
8FG 2048

Feeling more connected to the model is more important to me than the extra programming features the Aurora offers.

Although I must say the Aurora touch screen interface is really really sweet!
[X]Outlaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I donīt think that you will "feel" the difference. More a marketing thing for me.
Hope your T8 works fine though.
Greetings Thorsten
fishtank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 02:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i want to get the futaba for one reason only...i am a futaba fan. i don't care about features that much because i have no idea on how to use them in the first place, ha ha...i dont like people that get something only because they get the most for their money...what happened to passion and loyalty? (if you can call it that).
why dont you compare a radio to your favorite sports team?! one season they play great, the next season they play crappy. are you gonna go with another team the next season? NO! because you stand by them, no matter what. why tread a radio different? because money is involved? if you dont care about the brand at all, get the one that you like. it doesnt matter if its the look, price or whatever...just get it and be happy.

G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I recently made the decision between the Aurora and the 8FG. I played with both at the NEAT Fair in Sept, purchased one a few weeks ago, and here are my thoughts on both:

Aurora
- Has much more quality feel and look to it
- Love the touch screen
- Ability to adjust stick tension w/o taking off back cover
- Programming very intuitive; ability to customize menus for each model (only bring up the functions used for that particular model)
- Does not hang level on a neck strap
- The face will be hard to keep clean; alot of deep corners, edges
- Can get one with 3 rx's for the price of the 8FG with one rx. (The Aurora comes with one rx, has a coupon for another free rx, and for $40 more you can get a third rx - thru March 2010)
- No small/light rx's for indoor yet

8FG
- Cheaper look to it
- Very simplistic, smooth face; easy to keep clean
- Thin, easy to hold; lighter
- Hangs level on a neck strap
- Backlit display nice
- Programming seems less friendly that Aurora; just need to get use to it, though
- Sensor touch pad OK, liked the dial on the 9C better; touch screen would be best
- Have to take back cover off to adjust stick tension
- Rx's more expensive; do have small/light rx's
- $20 merchandise rebate thru Dec

So, based on above why did buy the 8FG when it appears that I favor the Aurora? Three things : 1 - it hangs level; 2 - I like it's thinness and lightness; and 3 - my number one reason, it's smooth face. I'm a clean freak and keeping the 8FG clean will be a non-issue. My reasons may seem odd to some, but I need to be happy with the radio for years to come and these reasons are important to me.

Matt
M.Struck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt,

Thanks for sharing. I ordered the Futaba as well for the same reasons you got it. I have the Futaba 3VCS, that no one heard of, and i love it for exactly the same reasons. Its super slick looking and its a Futaba. I am a Futaba Fan and can care less if a receiver is $40 or $60 dollars. I am not planning on buying thousands of them, where a price difference really matters. I hope i am gonna get mine soon...

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did I read that the Aurora used "Adaptive Spread Spectrum"?

Are the using their own spread spectrum, or is it XPS (the only other adaptive system I am aware of)?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hitec's technology is our own. There are two modes; Normal and Scan. In Normal mode the system uses the origional 20 channels when it was bound everytime you turn it on. In Scan mode it selects a fresh set of 20 everytime. However, we have used normal mode with no issues even at crowded events like IRCHA.

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry View Post
Hitec's technology is our own. There are two modes; Normal and Scan. In Normal mode the system uses the origional 20 channels when it was bound everytime you turn it on. In Scan mode it selects a fresh set of 20 everytime. However, we have used normal mode with no issues even at crowded events like IRCHA.

Mike.
What's the reason for the two different modes? Why would you not just use whichever one is the best/safest? I'm very interested in this radio. I'd say the only thing I'm wondering about is the reliability as I have no experience with HiTec radios and haven't come across anyone using one as yet. Great looking features though.
J-S-Q is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scan mode is technically the safest because it scans the band every time you turn it on, but the drawback is that it takes longer to initialize and you have to cycle power if you turn off the RX (swap batteries.) I've had zero issues with Normal mode and it comes to life the instand you hook up power. You can also swap batteries without having to turn off and on the TX again. Personally I think Normal mode is fine for eveything including large events, but Scan mode is there is you want it.

There are many users reviews on this radio in the other popular forums like RCU, RC Groups, and Flying Giants.

There is also an excellent FAQ database here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1141715

Mike.
Mike Mayberry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora 9 too

I have a Multiplex Royal Evo 9 Spektrumized (DSM2) wich i'm very satisfied. Previously i thought to go to a Futaba T10 to change my radio... But the Aurora 9 arrived and i think she's very better than the T10, moreover Rx have a correct price. I think my next radio will be the next. Multiplex / Hitec are very good brands. AFSS from Hitec i think is very sure and tactil utilisation of the Tx very more fun (see video it on youtube and users opinion on forums).

Compare Aurora 9 to futaba T10 ok... but i think Aurora is a better choice,
but Aurora 9 to futaba T8 ))

Stan
michalss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in